Spectacular Member

Default Wonder Woman 77 Special #1 appreciation, questions, & 1979 TV cancellation

I am enjoying Wonder Woman Special #1. Its a fun continuation of the TV series (why can't we have WW 41, too?) I REALLY geeked out over 2nd story! SEVERAL WW TV Easter eggs there that we Lynda Carter fans can appreciate! I wish these stories had been filmed back then! And that Lynda had stayed in her 20s (she STILL is beautiful today, though) and why did WW TV series have to get cancelled? Diff'rent Strokes killed it. UGH! Incredible Hulk that aired after WW on CBS Friday night continued for 3 more years! CBS moved WW to another night away from Strokes, but why didn't CBS move Hulk to another night and WW in Hulk's timeslot? So many What ifs. Network executives eventually ruin all of our favorite shows and cartoons!

Anyway what's with the WW Special ART? The 1st half of each story is PHOTOGENIC and looks like Lynda but the 2nd half is kinda generic. Why can't 1st artist draw ENTIRE story?

*SPOILERS- In 2nd story Priscilla Rich Cheetah appears and says "I have waited decades for this moment, Amazon!" and Wonder Woman replies "Priscialla, how?" I got Wonder Woman #230 back in 1977 actually when I was a 7 year old boy and in love with Lynda and it introduced me to Priscilla Cheetah and updated her World War II origin and would have made a PERFECT ABC Wonder Woman TV episode! "Claws of the Cheetah" and drawn by BEST WW artist ever at least Bronze Age Jose Delbo! He came closest to making WW look like Lynda! Why couldn't Cheetah have been on the show, Baroness and Fausta were!
    Someone has posted almost ALL WW TV episodes on YouTube! How is that legal? The picture's zoomed in though and cuts off Lynda's head and legs in close up shots. Why can't Netflix show Wonder Woman ALL seasons? DVD sets aren't being sold anymore and it won't be on BluRay will it?

I still have fun watching Woman 40 years later and still love Lynda she will ALWAYS be WW! Not Gal Gadot, Adriane Palicki, whoever! PLEASE DC keep WW 77 going FOREVER and add WW 41! And dream of dreams WW 77/ Superman 78 crossover!
    Last edited by dcdrew; 05-26-2015 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dcdrew View Post
    I am enjoying Wonder Woman Special #1. Its a fun continuation of the TV series (why can't we have WW 41, too?) I REALLY geeked out over 2nd story! SEVERAL WW TV Easter eggs there that we Lynda Carter fans can appreciate! I wish these stories had been filmed back then! And that Lynda had stayed in her 20s (she STILL is beautiful today, though) and why did WW TV series have to get cancelled? Diff'rent Strokes killed it. UGH! Incredible Hulk that aired after WW on CBS Friday night continued for 3 more years! CBS moved WW to another night away from Strokes, but why didn't CBS move Hulk to another night and WW in Hulk's timeslot? So many What ifs. Network executives eventually ruin all of our favorite shows and cartoons!

Anyway what's with the WW Special ART? The 1st half of each story is PHOTOGENIC and looks like Lynda but the 2nd half is kinda generic. Why can't 1st artist draw ENTIRE story?

*SPOILERS- In 2nd story Priscilla Rich Cheetah appears and says "I have waited decades for this moment, Amazon!" and Wonder Woman replies "Priscialla, how?" I got Wonder Woman #230 back in 1977 actually when I was a 7 year old boy and in love with Lynda and it introduced me to Priscilla Cheetah and updated her World War II origin and would have made a PERFECT ABC Wonder Woman TV episode! "Claws of the Cheetah" and drawn by BEST WW artist ever at least Bronze Age Jose Delbo! He came closest to making WW look like Lynda! Why couldn't Cheetah have been on the show, Baroness and Fausta were!
    Someone has posted almost ALL WW TV episodes on YouTube! How is that legal? The picture's zoomed in though and cuts off Lynda's head and legs in close up shots. Why can't Netflix show Wonder Woman ALL seasons? DVD sets aren't being sold anymore and it won't be on BluRay will it?

I still have fun watching Woman 40 years later and still love Lynda she will ALWAYS be WW! Not Gal Gadot, Adriane Palicki, whoever! PLEASE DC keep WW 77 going FOREVER and add WW 41! And dream of dreams WW 77/ Superman 78 crossover!
    The full series is available for purchase on iTunes and at least the first season is on Amazon Prime for streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    The full series is available for purchase on iTunes and at least the first season is on Amazon Prime for streaming.
    And if you have cable, you can watch it on METV (along with the 1950s Superman show and the 1960s Batman show). I call it Trinity night.

Sandy Hausler

BANNED

I think it is being streamed/played on Amazon prime in high definition.

I believe the pilot episode set in WW2 was done on blu-ray. It came with one of the animated movies from DC, can't remember if it was for the Wonder Woman animated movie or from another one.

Mighty Member

Amazon has the 3 season collection at 35 a pop.

http://www.amazon.com/Wonder-Woman-C...nder+woman+dvd

I haven't watched much of the original tv series, but I quite like the WW77 comic. Feel good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    And if you have cable, you can watch it on METV (along with the 1950s Superman show and the 1960s Batman show). I call it Trinity night.

Sandy Hausler
    Love it! Trinity Night is the new Must See TV

Spectacular Member

I have all 3 Wonder Woman TV DVD sets I got 10 years ago! *Can you imagine if we had the ENTIRE WW TV series in the 70s as kids and could have watched the episodes any time we wanted to?! I was 5 in 1975 when WW pilot premiered but my memory of WW episodes later was hazy (I thought dim memory of Cathy Lee Crosby WW awful 1974 TV movie was really Angie Dickinson POLICE Woman because they were both blonde until I found out years later even after I watched Crosby host "That's Incredible" in 1980!) If I had seen certain WW episodes when they were originally shown when I was a kid there were sexy scenes that would have made me faint as a boy on the den floor in front of my family! *Check out "I Do I Do" for proof! I taped ALL WW episodes in 1998 off Sci Fi Channel abeit edited! FX Channel in 1994 I wanted so bad BUTCHERED WW episodes! *If you edit 5 minutes of each WW episode for syndication do not take out any scenes of Lynda in costume at least! In 1998 WW fans on SciFi WW message board petitioned for Columbia House to release WW episodes on home video which CH did ALL but like 6 episodes! And we got Lifetime TV to do an Intimate Portrait on Lynda! I bought 23 of the 28 Columbia House WW videos ALL for only $20 (NOT each) at a flea market a few years ago ALL in cases almost ALL not opened! I went back and found 3 more and other 2 on ebay cheap as well! $35 for the COMPLETE WW TV series boxed DVD set NEW on Amazon is good deal! I just want entire WW TV series on Netflix ALL the time. Can you use ITunes to download and play WW TV on video game system on PS4 or Xbox One? It is still so neat seeing Lynda as Wonder Woman in those classic episodes which was comic book come to life! Lynda IS Wonder Woman and she's been my fantasy female forever since 1975! Is Fantasy Island in relation to Paradise Island so I can give Mr Rourke and Tattoo my life savings to meet Lynda Wonder Woman and go on an adventure with her?
    Last edited by dcdrew; 05-26-2015 at 04:32 PM.

Incredible Member

I loved this special. It brought back a lot of good memories.