Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Only must watches: Batman Mask of the Phantasm, Batman The Animated Series, the Superman Fleischer shorts

Everything is pretty disappointingly bland or subpar.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Only must watches: Batman Mask of the Phantasm, Batman The Animated Series, the Superman Fleischer shorts

Ignore the old man yelling at kids to get off his lawn.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drogo View Post
    Thanks man! Do you also know a lot about MARVEL? Do they have some must watch animated series and movies?
    Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Spectacular Spider-Man, and Wolverine and the X-Men. And then Spider-Man and X-Men from the 90's. Everything else is varying shades of awful
    Cyclops was right

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

How do you not like anything else? JLU? Young Justice? How does a person not LOVE Brave and the Bold? It had the Haunted Tank, for God's sake!
    Cyclops was right

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Read the comics you blasphemer.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Superman and the Legion of Superheroes was a fun show. It was better than the crapfest that was Teen Titans.

Series to watch Batman TAS, Batman TNAS, Superman TAS, Static Shock, Batman Beyond, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, Young Justice, Green Lantern. Some okay shows you could check out and see if you like it or not are Teen Titans, The Batman, Batman the Brave and the Bold, and Beware the Batman.

Movies, I'd say Batman Under the Red Hood, and Batman Beyond return of the Joker are definitely worth watching.

Also as far as Marvel stuff goes series to watch are Spectacular Spider-Man, Spider-Man TAS, Avenger's Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Wolverine and the X-Men is worth checking out. As far as their movies go, I don't like any of their animated movies. Hulk vs Wolverine is the only passable one for me.

I LOVED Flashpoint paradox

JL War,

Throne of atlantis

Superman/Shazam return of Black Adam

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

You NEED to watch Batman: The Animated Series, Justice League, and Justice League Unlimited.
    Other than that, I would recommend:
    -Teen Titans
    -Batman: Brave and the Bold
    -Batman Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I didn't include older at the exclusion of younger.
    It's just that they tend to appeal to younger AND older. Just not so much the ages in between.

I think fans of pre-Smurfs Saturday Morning cartoons may like Batman: Brave and the Bold and/or Teen Titans.

Plus, Batman: Brave and the Bold has a lot of throwbacks and easter eggs for fans of the '60s show.
    I'm 28, do I count as older or in between? And I agree they appeal to younger and older, but appealing to an older audience isn't the same as being aimed at an older audience, these shows are made for kids, but in a way that adults can love to watch them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Drogo View Post
    Thanks man! Do you also know a lot about MARVEL? Do they have some must watch animated series and movies?
    Spectacular Spider-Man, Wolverine and the X-Men, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes for tv series. For films, Hulk vs Wolverine is a must watch, and I'd also suggest checking out Planet Hulk. Also, if the style of animation doesn't turn you off like some, I seriously recommend most of Marvel's motion comics because the voice acting is top notch and the stories are usually great.

While I disagree with everything else being bland/subpar, thank you for reminding me about the Fleischer shorts! Definitely a must watch, and you can certainly find them cheap enough on DVD or probably free on youtube.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    How do you not like anything else? JLU? Young Justice? How does a person not LOVE Brave and the Bold? It had the Haunted Tank, for God's sake!
    I was a bit accidentally hard on those. Not so "must-watch" for me, but they are better than like all of the recent DC animated movies.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

TV Series

Teen Titans, Young Justice, Green Lantern Animated, Justice League (Unlimited)

Movies

Wonder Woman, Lego Justice League vs Bizarro League, JLA: Trapped in Time, Justice League War, Superman: Doomsday