Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Anybody who has a MCU counterpart is probably going to survive. Need to funnel them MCU fans somewhere, doesn't help if there isn't a comicbook version of them in print. Which begs the question why there isn't a proper MCU comic spin-off line, but right now it's that umbrella that's protecting some characters from semi-perma-death as it were.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    Anybody who has a MCU counterpart is probably going to survive. Need to funnel them MCU fans somewhere, doesn't help if there isn't a comicbook version of them in print. Which begs the question why there isn't a proper MCU comic spin-off line, but right now it's that umbrella that's protecting some characters from semi-perma-death as it were.
    Best not to have an MCU line to keep continuity tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed View Post
    I don't see Danny Ketch or Johnny Blaze surviving/existing after Secret wars. I just see them pushing ANGR for a some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I actually think they might do a Ghost Riders team book or something.
    I hope they do, but all the Ghost Racers except for Reyes are alternate universe Ghost Riders, and they also may be villains so it definitely wouldn't be the same. All of Johnny and Danny's struggles, experiences, highs and lows I've read will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Hoping for Marcus to be killed off and be replaced by Ultimate Fury.
    You know, if they only had Ultimate Fury cross over from the start, they could've avoided a lot of fan uproar. Battle Scars wouldn't have insulted people's intelligence, and Original Sin might not have happened.
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 05-27-2015 at 10:47 AM.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Best not to have an MCU line to keep continuity tight.
    Yeah I know the continuity issue, but at least like, short webcomics for stuff that happens in-between, on their downtime or something.

Heck between Avengers 1 and Avengers 2, they could have released webcomics explaining how they've been constantly hunting Hydra or something.

Who will die: Everyone I like.

Who will survive: Everyone I don't like.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    Yeah I know the continuity issue, but at least like, short webcomics for stuff that happens in-between, on their downtime or something.

Heck between Avengers 1 and Avengers 2, they could have released webcomics explaining how they've been constantly hunting Hydra or something.
    Marvel does release comics in the MCU though they are usually released when a movie hit theaters. There actually was a prequel comic with the Avengers hunting down Hydra.
    http://marvel.com/comics/issue/51456...n_hydra_2015_1

Marvel does release comics in the MCU though they are usually released when a movie hit theaters. There actually was a prequel comic with the Avengers hunting down Hydra.
    http://marvel.com/comics/issue/51456...n_hydra_2015_1
    Yeah I read that one. Not a great comic, doesn't really provide much background of...anything really, although it did show how Hydra infiltrates SHIELD which was pretty interesting. I just wish we could get something substantial about the Avengers themselves, but with the risk of writing for the movie characters and contradicting past and future scripts, I guess we simply can't.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Who will die: Everyone I like.

Who will survive: Everyone I don't like.
    If you liked 616 Vision and 616 Natalia Alianovna Romanova, then YES you are right!
    Keeping my fingers crossed that 616 Carol Danvers, 616 James Rhodes, 616 Sam Wilson, 616 Jessica Drew, 616 Namor McKenzie, 616 Steve Rogers, 616 Tony Stark, 616 Matt Murdock, 616 Maria Hill, 616 Nick Fury jr and sr, 616 Clint Barton, 616 Marc Spector, 616 Shang-Chi, 616 Ororo Munroe, 616 Colossus, 616 Kurt Wagner, 616 Drax, 616 Star Lord, 616 Gamorra, 616 Bruce Banner, 616 Jennifer Walters, 616 Bobby Drake, 616 Warren Worthington III, 616 Hank Pym, 616 Janet van Dyne, 616 Iron Fist, 616 Carl Lucas, 616 Jessica Jones and 616 Danielle Cage will also be cofirmed to have died.

Fantastic Member

Knowing Marvel, everyone will survive. I'd rather see the question posed as which characters do people want to see survive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bandoogiemanz View Post
    Knowing Marvel, everyone will survive. I'd rather see the question posed as which characters do people want to see survive.
    616 Reed Richards but ONLY if he has to live on with the knowledge that 616 Susan, Valeria, Franklin, Johnny, Ben and Alicia are dead
    616 Kamala Khan but ONLY if she has to live on with the knowledge that her parents, brother and friends are dead
    616 Sam Alexander but ONLY if he has to live on with the knowledge that everybody he loved is dead
    616 Sam Wilson but ONLY if he has to live on with the knowledge that 616 Steve Rogers and whoever else meant a lot to him is dead
    616 Thordis but ONLY if she has to live on with the knowledge that 616 Thor, her ex-husband and whoever else she loved, is dead
    616 T'Challa but ONLY if he has to live on with the knowledge that 616 Storm and whoever else meant a lot to him, is dead

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    616 Reed Richards but ONLY if he has to live on with the knowledge that 616 Susan, Valeria, Franklin, Johnny, Ben and Alicia are dead
    616 Kamala Khan but ONLY if she has to live on with the knowledge that her parents, brother and friends are dead
    616 Sam Alexander but ONLY if he has to live on with the knowledge that everybody he loved is dead
    616 Sam Wilson but ONLY if he has to live on with the knowledge that 616 Steve Rogers and whoever else meant a lot to him is dead
    616 Thordis but ONLY if she has to live on with the knowledge that 616 Thor, her ex-husband and whoever else she loved, is dead
    616 T'Challa but ONLY if he has to live on with the knowledge that 616 Storm and whoever else meant a lot to him, is dead
    Damn, sounds like you may want those characters to live, but you probably don't like them very much, lol. Personally, I don't mind which of the 616 characters survive, besides maybe Namor and Thanos. I am much more interested in some of the alternate universe characters. So far, on my short list are Old Man Logan, the Maestro, and alternate Thanos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bandoogiemanz View Post
    Damn, sounds like you may want those characters to live, but you probably don't like them very much, lol. Personally, I don't mind which of the 616 characters survive, besides maybe Namor and Thanos. I am much more interested in some of the alternate universe characters. So far, on my short list are Old Man Logan, the Maestro, and alternate Thanos.
    It is not about liking or not liking. I want the Secret Wars to be MEANINGFUL. For instance ; 616 Kamala Khan. To me, it would be godawful if 616 Kamala does not have to deal with deaths of loved ones during and after Secret Wars. I really, really would like 616 Kamala have to deal with the death of 616 Carol Danvers would be so awesome to me.

I am very interested in finding out which alternate universe characters will live on but ONLY if the 616 version is indeed dead or at least absent for 2 decades.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    It is not about liking or not liking. I want the Secret Wars to be MEANINGFUL. For instance ; 616 Kamala Khan. To me, it would be godawful if 616 Kamala does not have to deal with deaths of loved ones during and after Secret Wars. I really, really would like 616 Kamala have to deal with the death of 616 Carol Danvers would be so awesome to me.

I am very interested in finding out which alternate universe characters will live on but ONLY if the 616 version is indeed dead or at least absent for 2 decades.
    Then you're expecting too much, because NOTHING about Secret Wars is going to be meaningful. Once the event ends, everything more or less goes back to how it was in 616 (if the free issue of ANADAvengers is any proof). Even if 616 characters do die, they'll be restored to life afterwards. If they don't, their otherworldly counterparts will have their memories rewritten so that they are effectively and completely turned into the 616 originals.

And so long as G. Willow Wilson is in control of Kamala's book, none of her loved ones are going to die. She's been investing too much of her narrative into their existence to just snuff them out so fast. Sounds to me like you just want to see everything unique and fun about Kamala destroyed so that she can be turned into another generic angst-ridden teen hero (as if we don't have enough of those already).
    Last edited by Myetche; 05-29-2015 at 07:00 AM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Spectacular Member

Do you mean lasting deaths? Or short vactions?

Lasting deaths will likely be characters like Nick Fury Jr, who obviously have better replacements (Ultimate Fury) and likely a disproportionate number of Ultimate characters compared to other reality characters. I don't see Ultimate Hulk surviving when Maestro is where Marvel will be focusing post Secret Wars.

As to short vactions, that really depends on what plots they want to set up post Secret Wars. So Wolverine might stay dead for Old Man Logan or 616 Tony might die for whomever is in the armor in FCBD ANAD Avengers #0. Vision might get blown up so he can get weaker batteries when rebuilt for example. I could see the big 3 avengers of 616 dying short term deaths to setup the new universe then bringing them back a year or two from now, but Cap young again and Ironman no longer Superior...

As to the main Secret Wars series, well the Cabal has got a few expendable characters. This series, besides maybe Ultimate End will be where most of the deaths of characters fans care about will happen. I expect a bit more short vactions here and lasting in Ultimate End. As to who, a bit early to tell... so not gonna venture any guesses.

As to Suvivors, obviously those new MCU characters with movies upcoming (though maybe not those previously mentioned). So Star Lord + Guardians, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Peter Parker (maybe deaged, maybe now married again, whos to say... either way though new status change for him is very likely). I could see Kelly Sue leaving Captain Marvel or it going permanently co-written though, it's sales where tanking (save the Black Vortex tie-in) or maybe no more Guardians crossover for her since I think that is what in part killed her sales. Obviously good press and new market/blood series (or great selling Digital comics, aka new market) will survive such as Ms. Marvel. But I digress...

Honestly I don't think as many as others think will die. It will likely be a case of a few big ones (as short term vacations), a few cutting the fat (permanent [most likely] deaths), and most others will survive (but may fade into the background or die post secret wars, new universe needs setup too). I doubt any group will walk away unscathed though, though that doesn't always mean a death but in most cases should.

Not sure any characters will merge as others have suggested...
    Last edited by LordRyus; 05-29-2015 at 07:56 AM.
    Current Pull List (updated for ANAD): Star Wars □ Darth Vader □ Lando □ Chewbacca □ Kanan □ uh... alot of ANAD but I still have decided what yet, lol

All-New Member

I think just about everyone of consequence will be fine, and those who are dead at the end will probably pop up alive not long after. The multiverse will be more or less restored, but at some cost (the Illuminati make some sort of sacrifice). Miles will be stuck in the wrong universe because moving between universes will be impossible for as long as Marvel wants it to be that way. Most people won't know Secret Wars happened (cause it was secret).