Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

At least CBR doesn't have ads that auto open the App Store on my phone.

But yes, the ads are out of control, and I've seen it mentioned around the Internet, from comics professionals on Twitter, even. I hope CBR are either looking into it, or are making enough from them that it compensates for the lost traffic, because a lot of people seem fed up with the ads.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    But I'm also reporting a problem with the site, which CBR seems to be disrespectfully blowing off, instead of addressing at all. So my respectful question to the mods -- is CBR actually looking at the ads and the problems they are causing? Or are they ignoring this, and users can just lump it or leave? I'd just like to be informed so I can make a decision.
    Reviresco, just for clarity's sake, moderators like myself don't dictate how CBR handles ads. The site owners do, and complaints should be directed to them. Ads are above our level of authority.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

All-New Member

So who are the site owners and how do we contact them? Because, seriously, the way CBR is doing ads is really, really poorly thought out. I'm reading an article and suddenly a video ad opens up and starts playing, scrolling my screen and annoying people around me if I happen to be in public with speakers activated. Or the entire page will be overlayed with a video ad with a delayed close button. So who and how do we contact??

At the bottom of the page there's a "Contact" link, and that'll show you your options.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

i'm actually not having issues anymore.

BANNED

10 seconds of a big BK3 ad that I don't care about before I saw the home page.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Has anyone else been getting ad pop ups even when posting??? Isn't that getting a bit too obtrusive?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Has anyone else been getting ad pop ups even when posting??? Isn't that getting a bit too obtrusive?
    I don't think that's supposed to happen. Which ad was it, if you remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    I don't think that's supposed to happen. Which ad was it, if you remember?
    I wish I could remember. It happened just before Christmas but I've not noticed it today or yesterday. I you want I will PM you if one pops up again and I can screen cap it.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I got an ad for Tropicana when I tried to post earlier. Not sure if it was the same ad Iron Maiden was talking about and I haven't seen it since either but I thought I'd mention it in case it helps you guys.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I just got an ad popping up when my post loaded to the Marvel Comics forum during this post...

I made a screen cap of it before I got rid of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Another thing I feel should not be happening is ads that pop up when you are going through the previews for next week's comics. Those are essentially an ad for Marvel or DC to buy their product yet you get some other ad blocking them between pages.

Okay, this morning I got that Passability ad blocking my whole screen when I was on the Marvel Forums page.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Okay, this morning I got that Passability ad blocking my whole screen when I was on the Marvel Forums page.
    I got the same thing twice on the Marvel page too and the second one was after I left the forum completely and then came back to the Marvel forum a second time. Also, I'm primarily a tablet user and these pop up ads really cause havoc with my table oftentimes freezing it up or in some cases, if its a full page ad, I can't get out of it at all and have to wait for it to run it's course because the "x" never makes an appearance. I have an ad blocker installed and everything so why this is happening I've no idea.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 12-29-2015 at 10:21 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I have the same problem too when I want to look at the previews of a comic on the front page. Ads come in and block everything and sometimes I can't get rid of them easily. So I will head to another site instead that displays them in a more friendly way. I will try and do more screen caps if anyone wants to see.