Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I have the same problem too when I want to look at the previews of a comic on the front page. Ads come in and block everything and sometimes I can't get rid of them easily. So I will head to another site instead that displays them in a more friendly way. I will try and do more screen caps if anyone wants to see.
    Have you checked your computer for malware?

BANNED

I'm not having a problem with ads on my computer but the ads make browsing the website on my phone near impossible because half of them cannot be closed. The especially problem ad is the one asking me to sign up CBR's newsletter because my only option on that popping up is closing the window entirely because nothing you tap on makes it go away, not even the "don't show me this again" part.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    I'm not having a problem with ads on my computer but the ads make browsing the website on my phone near impossible because half of them cannot be closed. The especially problem ad is the one asking me to sign up CBR's newsletter because my only option on that popping up is closing the window entirely because nothing you tap on makes it go away, not even the "don't show me this again" part.
    I can confirm this. As I think I've said before, I get the popup even though I'm signed into the forums *and* I'm already signed up for the newsletter. iOS.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

penetrator of things

Default Really sketchy intrusive mobile ads

CBR on mobile - using Chrome - has been getting really shitty intrusive ads. Not the giant "pls subscribe" or entire page ads. But, ads that forcefully redirect you to somewhere else, the page "warns" you about a virus, makes your phone vibrate. It's just CBR, but I've seen it on other sites with ads. Usually happens on the forum, not so much the main site.
    Last edited by tako; 01-01-2016 at 08:37 PM.
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    CBR on mobile - using Chrome - has been getting really shitty intrusive ads. Not the giant "pls subscribe" or entire page ads. But, ads that forcefully redirect you to somewhere else, the page "warns" you about a virus, makes your phone vibrate. It's just CBR, but I've seen it on other sites with ads. Usually happens on the forum, not so much the main site.
    Yes I completely agree I get those as well and makes me not want to go on CBR as much anymore knowing what it may contain
    Teach a man to fish, you feed a village. Give a man a fish, the ever growing village demands free fish. We will now spend trillions on social services and SSI for people who don't know how to fish.

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Venkman View Post
    Yes I completely agree I get those as well and makes me not want to go on CBR as much anymore knowing what it may contain
    Please send screen grabs of the offending ads to jonah@comicbookresources.com
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Incredible Member Jonah Weiland's Avatar

Hey all,

If you have a problem with any ad on the site -- especially one that is hijacking your screen -- please take a screen grab of it and send it to jonah@comicbookresources.com. Most of what people are describing here is not supposed to happen, which makes me think those ads aren't necessarily coming from CBR. But going based just on the descriptions, it's hard to understand what is and is not meant to happen.

Especially the complaints about issues on mobile devices -- that doesn't sound like it's coming from CBR or if it is, it's not supposed to and we need to work with our networks to make sure it doesn't happen.

Again, if you have an issue with an ad, please e-mail me directly WITH a screen grab. Just posting complaints in here will not help us understand the user experience you're having.
    -- Jonah Weiland
    -- Just Another Comic Book Fan
    Tweets | Webs
    | 'grams

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Jonah,

It's a bit pointless to Screen cap a blank page to send to you but I've gotten the same persistent blank screen with no loading ad again this time in the DC solicits page you all just posted a few hours ago. It takes over the whole screen but never loads the ad and seems to activate when I scroll down.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I'm getting a strange message while I'm in my private messages. The message keeps popping up and asks if I would like to exit the page "yes" or "no". At first I though I'd inadvertently hit the exit button but now I've sat here for ten minutes without doing anything at all and then message has popped up half a dozen times and it keeps redirecting me off the page. Anyone else having this problem?

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

If you could take a screenshot of what's happening, that'd be great. I know it sounds silly but it really does help.
    Also listing what OS and browser you use would be informative.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    If you could take a screenshot of what's happening, that'd be great. I know it sounds silly but it really does help.
    Also listing what OS and browser you use would be informative.
    Never mind. It seems to have stopped now.

Retired

I think you guys should be aware that this latest ad you have on your site for some Valiant thing is making it really difficult to log in. I was trying last evening several times on my Mac and couldn't get to log in each time before the ad took over the screen so I tried on my PC and the same thing happened. I finally was able to log in just now, but I don't know exactly how I was able to do it this time or if I'll be able to do it next time when I've timed out.

I realize the ads look cool and all and they pay the rent, but if they don't let a person get in, then they kinda defeat the purpose of the site. And if a body can't log in, then it's not so easy to communicate the problem or find a solution.

edit: also when I tried to preview this post, the preview post itself was covered by a pretty but blank blue box from the ad.
    Last edited by Jim Kelly; 04-20-2016 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I think you guys should be aware that this latest ad you have on your site for some Valiant thing is making it really difficult to log in. I was trying last evening several times on my Mac and couldn't get to log in each time before the ad took over the screen so I tried on my PC and the same thing happened. I finally was able to log in just now, but I don't know exactly how I was able to do it this time or if I'll be able to do it next time when I've timed out.

I realize the ads look cool and all and they pay the rent, but if they don't let a person get in, then they kinda defeat the purpose of the site. And if a body can't log in, then it's not so easy to communicate the problem or find a solution.

edit: also when I tried to preview this post, the preview post itself was covered by a pretty but blank blue box from the ad.
    I felt this pain as well. I tried for a long time to start a thread in the Spiderman section and the ad just blew my chances....
    Kind regards
    Godfather

"...Now, that's the power you can't buy! That's the power of fear​..."

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I haven't been getting ad blocking problems, but what I do see are parts of CBR's banners are transparent and make it hard to see the menus when the red text shows up poorly against certain backgrounds, and this appears on PCs both at home and at work with Chrome. Anyone else experiencing this?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I haven't been getting ad blocking problems, but what I do see are parts of CBR's banners are transparent and make it hard to see the menus when the red text shows up poorly against certain backgrounds, and this appears on PCs both at home and at work with Chrome. Anyone else experiencing this?
    Yes...I am seeing the same things you are.
    Am also seeing ads popping up too.
    Am finding it rather annoying when trying to navigate the threads, user profile, etc.
    Not a major problem for me.