Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Current ad is keeping me from posting a new thread on Chrome. Just covers everything up with a blue box.

Would like to confirm that the current Valiant ad is blocking the notices and breadcrumbs on IE 11. Have sent screenshot to jonah@comicbookresources.com. I think it is a transparency setting that is off.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

Have also sent a screenshot to jonah@comicbookresources.com about the blue box.
    It looks to me like its affecting a lot of us here using the forums.
    My browsers are Firefox and SeaMonkey.

Astonishing Member

the valiant ad seems to screw up the formatting of the whole forum. nevermind the irritating video that'll appear and reformats the page and once you scroll down it'll just disappear and reformats the page again.

Retired

Can log in now, but can't change settings or post new topics as the blue blank box covers everything up.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Oddly enough, I have no problems in THIS thread, but over on Rumbles I can't even post thanks to the ad just swamping the page. Quick reply OR advanced.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The problem's been reported, hopefully we'll get it fixed soon.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Thanks, Conn. :)
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Is sending an email to jonah@comicbookresources.com still the way to go since Jonah sold the site? I understand Jonah may be still around during the transition, but at some time he'll been gone.

Would using the Contact Us page be better?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Hanvey View Post
    Is sending an email to jonah@comicbookresources.com still the way to go since Jonah sold the site? I understand Jonah may be still around during the transition, but at some time he'll been gone.

Would using the Contact Us page be better?
    Yeah, that's the better option now.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm having the same issues as everyone else particularly when on my kindle or my tablet. On both of those the ad ties up my system for to long and the site times out or if it lets me on at all it moves really slowly, like dial up internet slow. It doesn't happen on any other site I go to on either device and there is nothing wrong with my internet speed either. Seems less intrusive on my PC but still annoying enough there as well.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I can't see a poll (for Image book of the week) to actually vote.
    I saw the poll for a moment, then it was just swallowed up by a big light blue space.

BANNED

When I use my iPhone sometimes an ad will pop up and I have no way of getting rid of it without closing the browser window. Even if I push the X to close the ad either another window that looks really virus-like opens or it tries to open something in the app store. It forces me to close the browser window and I lose the page that I was trying to visit. It's really a pain in the butt because it happens very often.

BANNED

That huge allergy ad with the woman with the swollen face scared the living **** out of me. And it started well after the Ghostbuster commercial I was watching had started, so I had to go dismiss the ad and restart the video. I don't think that's the right order of events, the ad should come before the video.

I use ad block and have no issues here or on most websites. It really is worth using and they have standards to allow non intrusive advertising to help support websites you frequent. I know they need to make cash to survive. It's just that when the ads overwhelm the content no one wins.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?