Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Default Superman/Wonder Woman "TRUTH" Preview!!!

I'm going to download this later today.. but this spoiler on the front page of Bleeding cool leads me to believe people will be talking about this over the next few weeks here...so I am starting a specific thread now.

spoilers:
    I for one am skeptical as I don't think it's as cut and dry as Rich Johnson insinuates. It's a teaser meant to draw you into the main story in the book and is out of context. I've made my feelings known about the power couple so I won't go into them here, however if this IS what it appears to be, I do feel bad for the WW/Sup shippers that this is the end. Although, no one should be surprised if this does end as abruptly as it began. The only value DC has put on this relationship is for the shock value. Now that the shock has wore off, I can see them disposing of it and moving on
    end of spoilers

Not at all fazed. Superman has Clark shunning Lois. Action has the Fortress taking his costume. B/S has Jim beating the crap out of him then being offered help by Lex, and this is SM/WW's big cliffhanger for its title. Means little other than just that, cliffhanger. He's lying. Maybe he does try to push her away for a while, but he's definitely lying about this. The common theme of this "arc" (used loosely as the individual titles are supposed to still stand alone mostly), is Truth. The truth to be revealed here is he loves her just the same as before but is pushing people away in his zeal to find out what's wrong with him (kinda lame excuse but dramatic).
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-27-2015 at 03:43 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Not at all fazed. Superman has Clark shunning Lois. Action has the Fortress taking his costume. B/S has Jim beating the crap out of him then being offered help by Lex, and this is SM/WW's big cliffhanger for its title. Means little other than just that, cliffhanger. He's lying. Maybe he does try to push her away for a while, but he's definitely lying about this. The common theme of this "arc" (used loosely as the individual titles are supposed to still stand alone mostly), is Truth. The truth to be revealed here is he loves her just the same as before but is pushing people away in his zeal to find out what's wrong with him (kinda lame excuse but dramatic).
    I was just about to post this exact same thing. It boils down to "I don't want to paint you as a target" and "If you love somebody, set it free"

Though, given I've never really thought Clark ever loved Diana as much as he fooled himself into beleiving to begin with, my ideal scenario would be him coming to terms with that.

Could go either way.
    Last edited by Loose Threads; 05-27-2015 at 03:46 AM.

Hell unless the next issue takes place before the events of this sneak peek, they actually might make up rather quickly as
    spoilers:
    Tomasi's already posted a teaser panel of the two in bed together
    end of spoilers

Its entirely possible it does indeed take place before this preview but we'll see. In any case I'm looking at this just as breaking it down to build it back up, just like it appears each title will be doing with a different aspect of Clark's life. Action-The People. Superman-Lois . Superman/Batman-Jim and/or Bruce and/or Lex. Superman/Wonder Woman-Diana. People are still gonna flip of course. But that was so obviously the intent.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-27-2015 at 03:52 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Considering the kind of state that Superman is in, I don't think every word he says should be taken at face value. Plus, there's been no indication that the Superman/Wonder Woman series is going to end after Convergence or anytime soon. So I would take this preview with a grain of salt. Superman is in a bad state and he's going to be a bit of a tool for a while. I think this isn't the only person close to him that he's going to tell off.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

She'll probably just lasso him and figure out he's lying. Though she'll be fully justified to be pissed at him for a while regardless. If anything the only thing that gives me pause is that I don't want this to be an indicator of his attitude toward his loved ones for any significant period. And when I say significant I mean longer than maybe one issue apiece of each title as he gets his bearings together. Because I want him to deal with this like a boss, be mentally tough, not be a little bitch about it.

Eh Clark having a bit of a pity party. Must be hard for him though to adjust to this change. He looked a mess when he boarded the JL satellite. It's what relationships go through though...it's not all sunshine and roses if it is really explored properly. First of Tomasi's arc was about her growth, I think this one will be more for Clark with Diana doing the supporting in terms of sm/ww focus. How long he's going to be like this I don't know but seems like he strikes out on his own, living alone ( when Lois found him hiding out and he told her to go away)...but like Sacred, I hope he's not going to be not angry at his friends/ loved ones and keep lashing out at them for too long because what's happening to him is not their fault. Well certainly not Diana's fault. Unless he blames her for not getting close to the sun.

Art looked great. Love Paulo's art.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Hell unless the next issue takes place before the events of this sneak peek, they actually might make up rather quickly as
    spoilers:
    Tomasi's already posted a teaser panel of the two in bed together
    end of spoilers

Its entirely possible it does indeed take place before this preview but we'll see. In any case I'm looking at this just as breaking it down to build it back up, just like it appears each title will be doing with a different aspect of Clark's life. Action-The People. Superman-Lois . Superman/Batman-Jim and/or Bruce and/or Lex. Superman/Wonder Woman-Diana. People are still gonna flip of course. But that was so obviously the intent.
    He's got his hair cut in the Tomasi teaser. So unless she's like yeah yeah you don't love me...shut up and let's go home. LOL. And then they have a long mature adult talk about the whole thing and he is like I need time alone to deal with this, see how I deal with this etc etc and she gives it to him. They teaming up to find Steel/Lana later on.

BANNED

This could what a big part of the fandom wants, so it is too good to be true. it's already time to end, but Lee and Berganza only think about what they like.

Superman just because he is weaker, doesn't want to date WW? this new 52 superman is weak and doesn't deserve WW. She should just end with him

shut up and kiss me now, WW been watching to much rom coms

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    This could what a big part of the fandom wants, so it is too good to be true. it's already time to end, but Lee and Berganza only think about what they like.

Superman just because he is weaker, doesn't want to date WW? this new 52 superman is weak and doesn't deserve WW. She should just end with him

shut up and kiss me now, WW been watching to much rom coms
    Honestly the whole relationship felt like a big PR moment with DC from the very start.

It looks like Clark is just so upset about his current situation, he's deliberately pushing everybody away. I don't think he stopped loving WW, but would rather let her go as he believes himself to not be worth staying with anymore. He'll probably start doing it with other characters too. Also why weren't they letting him fly near the sun? He's done it before.

Also let's not turn this into another hate thread. Some people act like nobody has any stake in the relationship, when in fact it has a large fan-base.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

BANNED

It does somewhat help with the "Who will side with Superman?" teasers also. If you know Diana is a sure thing, that sort of levels off the stakes

Obviously she will still hang with him for the sake of the title, but it could be her being a professional helping a fellow hero out as a friend, keeping her distance 'till heads are cleared. Maybe she's not too trusting of him during the storyline, and this would be a way of planting doubts in her about him. If he's lying to her, that will definitely sting her for a bit and possibly beyond.

Amazing Member

Sorely missing the John Byrne -- Pre-New 52 Superman. . .

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...%281986%29.png

I can just imagine the conversation. "Supes is boring. So. So. So. Let's depower him. And make him a jerk. Yes. That'll be good."

It seem to be a way for him to get her off his back so he could continue doing his stupid stunt.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Yeah, that's kinda fishy. Especially since, like, the last two pages before that one are literally Clark begging her not to follow him in a concerned manner. Now, sure, it's not a proof of anything (not loving and not caring are two different things after all), but it does put the sincerity of his claim into question and makes it feels like a desperate attempt to make her go back and let him do his crazy stunt. Kinda wonder how that works with the leaked images of the next issue, too.
    So, ultimately, it sounds more like a way to explain why Diana isn't always behind him when it would suit him than a genuine break up.
    That being said, if they do break up, well....I wouldn't really mind. I thought they worked well enough, but we all know it's going to end at some point. "Truth" be told (get it?), they actually lasted longer than I expected.
    On the book itself, well....It's well done (more so than some of Tomasi's previous issues, I'd argue), and the art is way better (is this the new artist for the actual book? If so, I approve). But it's clearly built towards that last page.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.