Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

It looks like 'Truth' is going to be a lonely quest of self discovery for Superman ... which is cool

I suspect he's pushing Diana away, just like he's pushing everyone away, the only way he knows how but whether he's being honest and where this actually ends up is anyone's guess

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    As much as I can see the concerns with the Wonder Woman situation, the knocking of Flash is completely meaningless in the regard of Clark's humanity. It's nothing more than good old trope of "I'm trying to do something incredibly dangerous and I don't want my friend to stop me and/or follow me so I knock him out to prevent him from doing so". It has been done a billion times, in movies, books, mangas, or even comics and it has never in the history of mankind been the sign of the hero becoming a jerk or cutting ties with his friends, including the one he just kocked out (who never, ever hold grudges). Heck, Captain Marvel -who was back then just as much, if not even more so than Superman himself, a super human example of friendly boy scoutness-sucker punched Superman in pretty much the exact same circumstances and for the exact same reasons during Morrison's run on JLA, and it wasn't followed by any descent into darkness/jerkiness/inhumanity for the character. In the instance we're talking about, Clark even apologized beforehand, which is more regard than most users of this trope ever gave.
    I can't believe I have to make this clear, but I didn't suggest that punching Flash by itself was an unambiguous harbinger of doom. I said it, along with everything else going on right now with Superman, could be significant. I expect Billy to act impulsively and perhaps a bit sloppy in a situation like this one. I expect more from Superman who could have done a better job making his needs clear. It isn't just one thing that could be interpreted as consequential, in other words, but the sum total of things.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    I can't believe I have to make this clear, but I didn't suggest that punching Flash by itself was an unambiguous harbinger of doom. I said it, along with everything else going on right now with Superman, could be significant. I expect Billy to act impulsively and perhaps a bit sloppy in a situation like this one. I expect more from Superman who could have done a better job making his needs clear. It isn't just one thing that could be interpreted as consequential, in other words, but the sum total of things.
    I know, and I answered that the codes of the adventure/action genre and the way they work make it extremely unlikely.
    And I think that Clark made his needs as clear as one can expect from a guy potentially bleeding to death. It's not like he exactly has the time to argue with Flash here.
    Also,Billy wasn't acting impulsively or sloppily in my example. He did what he did deliberately , and everything went exactly as he hoped it would.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    No, I didn't. I was very happy for a moment, then I realized what that meant.

They won. The groups that don't like this pairing won. They'll never buy or recommend this book, and it was written for them.

I'm pro LGBTQ, anti-racist, anti-ableist, pro-feminism, against discrimination of any kind, leftist, progressist, pro-choice, etc, etc, etc.

I don't have a right to a simple silly fictional pairing, a childhood fancy, an escape.

I feel betrayed. I dunno how I feel right now.

EDIT: The moderator(s) deleted dozens of posts from people who don't like the SM/WW pairing, without them this post loses context.
    So your confirming what I feared?? This is these end of SM/WW as a couple!! Which is disappointing, there still so much they can do with them as a couple. Dc never really explored their life as a couple, just them as heroes , never seen their home life as a couple in a relationship, we only seen them enjoy each company as a couple a few times, never really seen them talking about their issues, never really heard them talking about their feelings and what they wanted from each other in their relationship.Their series was mostly about them fighting super villains! Their relationship was mostly a side note!! I liked how Soule build up the relationship for the most part, but it seems it's ending shortly after Soule left, which is disappointing. No wonder he left!! I'm guessing Soule wanted to do a lot more with their relationship. The SM/WW pairing was the reason I started reading Dc comics again and it is these only Dc comic I still read!! Once this arc is over and if their relationship as a couple end. I will have no DC comics on my pull list! It was a good run, ashame it had to end!!
    Last edited by chlj1; 06-01-2015 at 05:57 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chlj1 View Post
    So your confirming what I feared?? This is these end of SM/WW as a couple!! Which is disappointing, there still so much they can do with them as a couple. Dc never really explored their life as a couple, just them as heroes , never seen their home life as a couple in a relationship, we only seen them enjoy each company as a couple a few times, never really seen them talking about their issues, never really heard them talking about their feelings and what they wanted from each other in their relationship.Their series was mostly about them fighting super villains! Their relationship was mostly a side note!! I liked how Soule build up the relationship for the most part, but it seems it's ending shortly after Soule left, which is disappointing. No wonder he left!! I'm guessing Soule wanted to do a lot more with their relationship. The SM/WW pairing was the reason I started reading Dc comics again and it is these only Dc comic I still read!! Once this arc is over and if their relationship as a couple end. I will have no DC comics on my pull list! It was a good run, ashame it had to end!!
    Calm down, I was being overly dramatic.

http://hyruleunicorn.deviantart.com/...-MAD-505721989

The fact is that I was very happy that Tony Daniel revealed that panel. We also have to be thankful for the incessant... criticism of our good posters who have qualms against this pairing. It's probably because of them that Tony Daniel did it. We now know that writers and artists are willing to explore Clark and Diana's quieter relationship moments. They'll get there.

I think it's way to early to say their relationship is over from a preview of the first issue. This story will be a journey for Clark and those closest to him. Yes it may get bleak for awhile, Superman is being pushed to his limits. But it's not a short story and I think he will let her back in and they will come out stronger. DC is invested in their relationship but with what is happening to Clark it won't be sunshine and puppies right away. He has to adjust. He loves Diana and will let her in eventually. Without drama things get boring. Every fictional relationship needs angst and this will be theirs but I think they will come out the other end fine just like Clark. We just have to be patient and get there

As far as punching Flash, again he has been pushed to his limits and will do some crazy things adjusting to the new normal. He isn't perfect and this arc will put him through the wringer

Plus no way DC will give away their final status in a preview for the first issue of a nine month arc. They may break up during the arc for a bit. But they will be fine by the end
    Last edited by Darth Kal-el; 06-01-2015 at 08:29 PM.

Fantastic Member

I don't think it is over for them yet. I wish it was but it is not. Diana and Clark would I feel end at the end of an arc not the beginning.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    Calm down, I was being overly dramatic.

http://hyruleunicorn.deviantart.com/...-MAD-505721989

The fact is that I was very happy that Tony Daniel revealed that panel. We also have to be thankful for the incessant... criticism of our good posters who have qualms against this pairing. It's probably because of them that Tony Daniel did it. We now know that writers and artists are willing to explore Clark and Diana's quieter relationship moments. They'll get there.
    There is literally nothing to thank them for.

If they break up at the beginning you can beat your beaks that they will be back together at the end.

I doubt they even go on a Ross and Rachel break. Thus far all the Sneak Peeks are content that takes place before the events of the June issues. If that keeps up, the panel Tomasi shared a few weeks ago could very well be make-up lovin'.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I doubt they even go on a Ross and Rachel break. Thus far all the Sneak Peeks are content that takes place before the events of the June issues. If that keeps up, the panel Tomasi shared a few weeks ago could very well be make-up lovin'.
    superman and ww aren't even close to ross and rachel popularity, if they break up they won't b back

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    superman and ww aren't even close to ross and rachel popularity, if they break up they won't b back
    Then why are you so worried about it? Let the fans enjoy the little time they've left and prepare yourself to enjoy Lois when she is back in the super bed of loving.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Then why are you so worried about it? Let the fans enjoy the little time they've left and prepare yourself to enjoy Lois when she is back in the super bed of loving.
    if there is a super bed of loving after she revealed the secret

They probably won't go bacl to Lois and Clark for a long time, that's a legitimate feeling. And that's a tough pill to swallow for Clois shippers, I understand that. And far be it from me to tell them not to be upset over that. But I mean, considering they had about two decades worth of them being a monogamous romantic couple, at the same time I sure as hell don't see them as victimized and don't feel sorry for them.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    if there is a super bed of loving after she revealed the secret
    Of course we all know Superman is famous for not giving anyone a second chance.