Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    They probably won't go bacl to Lois and Clark for a long time, that's a legitimate feeling. But excuse me if I don't feel bad for the Clois shippers over it, considering they had about two decades worth of them being a monogamous romantic couple.
    My thoughts exactly. I mean Clois fans have literally thousands of back issues featuring their fave coupling. Not to mention hundreds of tv episodes and several movies. What do WWSUPES fans have? A few else worlds, 17 issues of Superman and Wonder Woman and about 40 issues of Justice League?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I mean Clois fans have literally thousands of back issues featuring their fave coupling. Not to mention hundreds of tv episodes and several movies. What do WWSUPES fans have? A few else worlds, 17 issues of Superman and Wonder Woman and about 40 issues of Justice League?
    it's not only about Clois to me, it's about WW too. smww still have more than nay recent pairing of ww. from all shippers from ww, sup is the least appealing for em and storytelling view

They probably won't go bacl to Lois and Clark for a long time, that's a legitimate feeling. And that's a tough pill to swallow for Clois shippers, I understand that. And far be it from me to tell them not to be upset over that. But I mean, considering they had about two decades worth of them being a monogamous romantic couple, at the same time I sure as hell don't see them as victimized and don't feel sorry for them.
    I don't believe it will be long for lois and clark at least start they journey on their way to each other. soon because of the movies ( if ww movie have good reception) it will be hard for DC justify the smww and hold WW franchise from expanding.
    well I want more modern stories, and better treatment for lois.
    Last edited by Blacksun; 06-02-2015 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    it's not only about Clois to me, it's about WW too. smww still have more than nay recent pairing of ww. from all shippers from ww, sup is the least appealing for em and storytelling view
    You should try talking for yourself only and not the entire fandom. You don't have way of proving that most WW fans like Superman the least as a possible mate. You just can't. Remember opinions are not facts.

BANNED

You should try talking for yourself only and not the entire fandom. You don't have way of proving that most WW fans like Superman the least as a possible mate. You just can't. Remember opinions are not facts.
    I think I forget to put IMO, but anyway superman is far away from being the most liked pair for ww, specially on feminists circles;

I think I forget to put IMO, but anyway superman is far away from being the most liked pair for ww, specially on feminists circles;
    Exactly how is it not acceptable from a feminist point? From reading the book and knowing other responses from women, Wonder Woman has not been overshadowed or anything in regards that goes against feminism. Wonder Woman has actually been the highlight of this book.
    Also, actually this pairing is more common and liked by more outside a certain group that doesn't represent all.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 06-02-2015 at 06:26 PM.

I don't believe it will be long for lois and clark at least start they journey on their way to each other. soon because of the movies ( if ww movie have good reception) it will be hard for DC justify the smww and hold WW franchise from expanding.
    well I want more modern stories, and better treatment for lois.
    It won't be long for her to become important to at least one of the main titles again and for them to be actually shown as close friends. They won't be getting together for a long time though, regardless of any movies, and even regardless of how long SM/WW lasts. Lois fans will be getting more and better stuff for her soon though, of that I'm pretty confident.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-02-2015 at 06:34 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I consider myself a feminist (more like a human rights believer) and I don't have any problem at all with Superman and Wonder Woman been together. I'm a Superman fan though

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Exactly how is it not acceptable from a feminist point? From reading the book and knowing other responses from women, Wonder Woman has not been overshadowed or anything in regards that goes against feminism. Wonder Woman has actually been the highlight of this book.
    Also, actually this pairing is more common and liked by more outside a certain group that doesn't represent all.
    I will say we aren't reading the same book, ww is not close to be the highlight

The feminism I am familiar with is respectful of other women's and (men's) opinions even if it differs from ones own. There is a concerted effort to dialogue than mock and ridicule and pat each each other's back as if they are superior to others. What you say here again as everyone has pointed out is generalizations. IMO doesn't help reeally because you use the term feminism a lot and I know people who consider themselves feminists who would also disagree with you.

She has saved Superman's life in almost every adventure they've shared together. Hell Superman survived their last adventure thanks to her magic Lasso of truth.

This I can definitely agree with. You are not reading the book I am that is for sure.

There is nothing wrong from a feminist standpoint with SM/WW. It always has been and remains to this day just a cheap accusation with no basis to try and give the dislike some faux social justice weight. Its entirely transparent and worse, it makes a mockery of feminism by so blatantly misusing it for such an insignificant cause such as arguing against a fictional relationship you don't like.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

She has saved Superman's life in almost every adventure they've shared together. Hell Superman survived their last adventure thanks to her magic Lasso of truth.
    they saved each other, superman had more feats and superman shouldn't be able to use her lasso

There is nothing wrong from a feminist standpoint with SM/WW. It always has been and remains to this day just a cheap accusation with no basis to try and give the dislike some faux social justice weight. Its entirely transparent and worse, it makes a mockery of feminism by so blatantly misusing it for such an insignificant cause such as arguing against a fictional relationship you don't like.
    sure all feminist like jill lepore, noah berlatsky, mary sue are all wrong and smww is feminist. yep I can see it

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    The feminism I am familiar with is respectful of other women's and (men's) opinions even if it differs from ones own. There is a concerted effort to dialogue than mock and ridicule and pat each each other's back as if they are superior to others. What you say here again as everyone has pointed out is generalizations. IMO doesn't help reeally because you use the term feminism a lot and I know people who consider themselves feminists who would also disagree with you.
    majority of feminist get mocked for real and valid reasons every day. "mocked" is a ute way to put it
    Last edited by Blacksun; 06-02-2015 at 07:00 PM.

I didn't say its a feminist relationship. I said from a feminist standpoint there's nothing wrong with it. Two different things. No its not designed from a feminist point of view. But not everything on earth has to be feminist based or else its outright opposed to the very ideals feminism incorporates. Unless someone can explain to me exactly how a female being in a loving relationship with a guy whom she treats well and in turn is treated well is somehow counter to a sense of female equality. I'm all ears on that one.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-02-2015 at 07:09 PM.

they saved each other, superman had more feats and superman shouldn't be able to use her lasso
    He didn't use her lasso. Wonder Woman placed the lasso in a way he could get in contact with it. When he touched the lasso Circe's spell was broken and he could regain his self-control. Wonder Woman also helped him when he was under Doomsday influence also using her lasso of truth. You would know that if you actually read the book.