Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default justice League United 8 page preview

Does anyone know which issue this was printed in. I would like to have it in print because it was beautiful and has me excited for the book. It seems like this will and worth getting with Parker taking over. I didn't enjoy what Lemire did so much.

Astonishing Member

Yeah it was immediately better than the Lemire run, and the ART! Travel Foreman is my jam jam.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

No speaking role for Ivy, but she is on that team page up front! So excited for this! Hope she stays for more then one arc.

1432714494608.jpg
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Always Rakzo

This was outstanding.

Baed on just these preview pages this is already a better effort than Parker's first Aquaman issue and possibly even better presentation-wise than the first issue of this same series written by Lemire.

Thrilled.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Ninja Viking View Post
    Does anyone know which issue this was printed in. I would like to have it in print because it was beautiful and has me excited for the book. It seems like this will and worth getting with Parker taking over. I didn't enjoy what Lemire did so much.
    I'm pretty sure it was in the back of Convergence #8. I haven't got it yet though.
    "If I come back from the dead one more time I'll be seriously in danger of turning into some kind of walking cliche." - Jean Grey, Uncanny X-Men #284

I'm sad about the Blue Beetle fake out. I want Jaime back

Haha, but it was a good start. I love Lemire, but his run on this book was boring. Parker is immediately awesome.

I wasn't a big fan of the art (wth lex), but as for the story I'm definitely looking forward to it. It's like a cool JL team-up book. We have our core cast (which is a great core cast) and then it's different recruits each arc. So it gets a big look at the whole DCU and cool cosmic stuff. Even villains can be recruited and they seem fine with it because they know it has to be them as their is a sort of destiny aspect to it. Everybody gets their mission in the JL (and won't it be awesome to see Vandal with the good guys again for a mission, eh Demon Knights fans?). Also Brainiac being in the JL for a mission could be interesting.

I was worried that Equinox and some others wouldn't be in it anymore when Lemire went off the book, but I'm glad they are in it, although I would like Kara to come back, especially since her solo ended for now. Plus after his pretty disappointing Legion arc (the legion seem to just cease all character development when they show up by the busload), I'm glad we'll have something with a clear focus instead of not even knowing who is saying what line because a dozen people are in a single panel.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Spectacular Member

That last page with everyone. Is that Mary Marvel with Shazam?

This book looks promising. Always a fan of Parker's writing, and the art looks good.

Apollo!

Awesome - there's finally a gay man who is a member of the Justice League! And he's one of my favourite characters. AMAZEBALLS.

I honestly never thought I'd see this day.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyn View Post
    Apollo!

Awesome - there's finally a gay man who is a member of the Justice League! And he's one of my favourite characters. AMAZEBALLS.

I honestly never thought I'd see this day.
    I believe Obsidian was part of the Justice League in the 90's.

Its hard for me to get excited about a cast that big, because odds are most of them will just be wall paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I believe Obsidian was part of the Justice League in the 90's.
    Was he out of the closet then? I thought he came out sometime in the 00's.

This looks promising... no offence to Lemire but his run was quite boring. Nice of him to use Byth but not a good run. This in contrast looks good. That Brainiac looks like the New 52 version that was defeated during Doomed. So, did he survive his defeat or is this just another Collector?
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    No speaking role for Ivy, but she is on that team page up front! So excited for this! Hope she stays for more then one arc.

1432714494608.jpg
    This is definitely the female led JL everyone's been looking for.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    This looks promising... no offence to Lemire but his run was quite boring. Nice of him to use Byth but not a good run. This in contrast looks good. That Brainiac looks like the New 52 version that was defeated during Doomed. So, did he survive his defeat or is this just another Collector?
    Well this is after Convergence so I take it Uber Brainiac returned him to his universe.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52