All-New Member

Default where do people buy comics these days?

Hi. I'm setting forth in creating a 3 part graphic novel. The script is finished. I don't mind paying for an artist.

I was curious about one thing.

Where do people buy comics these days.

How do you reach your indy comic to the masses these days? I believe you can sell on amazon. Is there other places on the web where people gravitate to to buy and browse comic books. -what are some suggestions?

Thanks

Digitally. I get them online.

I've seen creators at cons with their own booth just trying to sell the hell out of their book. It gets your foot in the door I suppose. Selling the digital copies and floppies in stores comes after I'm guessing.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    Hi. I'm setting forth in creating a 3 part graphic novel. The script is finished. I don't mind paying for an artist.

How do you reach your indy comic to the masses these days? I believe you can sell on amazon. Is there other places on the web where people gravitate to to buy and browse comic books. -what are some suggestions?

Thanks
    Amazon/Comixology
    ebay
    Midtown Comics
    DCBS
    TFAW

Do you even Google, bro?

Amazing Member

I buy my monthly books from Comixology online.

I buy all my comics from the comic store in whatever city I'm living in (only once on tour have I been stuck in a city that has a poor comic shop (Lincoln *shudder*)
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

All-New Member

thanks man. And yes I do google. I just wanted to ask the experts.

frei

Amazon, book depository, comixology or major book retailers. I don't have any comic shop in my hometown.

BANNED

Anywhere I can get them, from flea markets to Comixology. Mostly digital now, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post

Thanks
    Comic shops, bookstores and online.

Spread the word about your book.

1. Create a page in your Facebook for your book.

2. Book signings/book dispays maybe at your local libraries, or places where you think people will be interested about your book like for example if your book is about religion than you can have a book display at a nearby church. Tweet using popular hashtags like #goodreads #mustread, etc . Register to goodreads too.

3. Check with you previous schools and tell them that you can be invited as a speaker, that way you can mention your book.

4. Create an account in amazon to sell your book.

4. Check with or try to check if you have a friend who has connections to your local radio and tv stations so that you can tell them that you're happy to be interviewed about the book.

Comixology or if the issue is special my LCS. I'm probably 99% digital now.

aka "The Watchdog" 8BitRedBeard's Avatar

MyComicShop.com and Feebay.
    "With great power comes great responsibility."