Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Have you read the original Inferno? It was pretty comical really when it came to the demons of Limbo.
    It was humourous, but it was quite dark humour. People getting eaten by lifts and mail boxes and so on (even if they did all get restored in the end). There was a proper horror vibe to the artwork as well, which I don't get at all from the Secret Wars version.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Have you read the original Inferno? It was pretty comical really when it came to the demons of Limbo.
    Yes I read it. And most of the books didn't had this parody feeling. Characters weren't runing around looking dumb and cracking cheesy jokes.The tone was a lot more serious. Demons' horde didnt looked like the rainbow peace flag. Everything looked more twisted/perverted.

There was humour but it was dark and/or twisted. It didn't sounded like X-Men'92 lol.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I loved it. I have read the original inferno. And this captured that feel. I liked the, story the characters were who they are. Best x related secret wars so far.
    X-Men Forever

I liked it.

-Good action.
    -Reminded me of CatXM.
    -DominoxColossus.
    -Fun Boom-boom and Kurt.

I can't wait to see where this goes.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

And another thing...there is no way in hell (or should I say limbo) that Baron Cyclops would let them go on this mission. Apart from the fact he is just a massive pushover about it - despite being appointed Baron by Doom which you'd think would give him a bit of authority - they utterly failed the first time with a team twice as large, and only survived thanks to the phoenix. He is sending them to their deaths! And it is explicitly stated that Nightcrawler is their only way into the demonic zone. So Cyclops just sent an irreplaceable tactical asset (that can most likely allow the demons to escape the zone they are trapped in) into an unwinnable situation. So, so, so, so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    And the demon he tears open in this issue looks like an infant at that.

I did read Inferno back then. They were partly parodying Ghostbusters too, but it wasn't as plain goofy as this was.
    X-Terminators
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Limbo demons always had an element of absurdity, from the cigar chomping Sym to that possessed vacuum cleaner.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Yes I read it. And most of the books didn't had this parody feeling. Characters weren't runing around looking dumb and cracking cheesy jokes.The tone was a lot more serious. Demons' horde didnt looked like the rainbow peace flag. Everything looked more twisted/perverted.

There was humour but it was dark and/or twisted. It didn't sounded like X-Men'92 lol.
    To each thier own. Didnt feel like parody to me. Was a fun little twist on the original.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shgs View Post
    And another thing...there is no way in hell (or should I say limbo) that Baron Cyclops would let them go on this mission. Apart from the fact he is just a massive pushover about it - despite being appointed Baron by Doom which you'd think would give him a bit of authority - they utterly failed the first time with a team twice as large, and only survived thanks to the phoenix. He is sending them to their deaths! And it is explicitly stated that Nightcrawler is their only way into the demonic zone. So Cyclops just sent an irreplaceable tactical asset (that can most likely allow the demons to escape the zone they are trapped in) into an unwinnable situation. So, so, so, so stupid.
    It's just some Police Academy / Ghostbusters mash up.

It's also that the stakes were higher in the original. They were trying to prevent the demons from opening a portal, by sacrificing babies, to invade Earth. It was about Jean against the Goblin Queen for a piece of their soul. Here it's about Peter wanting to rescue his sister who didn't asked anything. But we will see where it goes. I hope the plot will gain some depth and scope.

I'm curious as to what kind of role Maddie will play in this version of the story. In the original she was the villain but here she seems to have lost both rulership of the demons and her place as baroness.

I found the word I was looking for: There was something grotesque in the original Inferno which is a direct reference to Dante's Inferno. But, as someone put it, the new comic sound more goofy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I'm curious as to what kind of role Maddie will play in this version of the story. In the original she was the villain but here she seems to have lost both rulership of the demons and her place as baroness.
    I imagine she'll end up helping Colossus as getting Illyana out of the way gives her the opportunity to go on unchallenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickbarry View Post
    I imagine she'll end up helping Colossus as getting Illyana out of the way gives her the opportunity to go on unchallenged.
    This. Her entrance seemed, to me, like she was showing up to help out. Just the impression I got...

Colossus is a wanker who can't take a hint.
    Domino is the best thing that ever happened to him.
    Boom Boom won't shut up.
    Nightcrawler is, for the most part, an epic badass.
    Magik is a demon princess.
    Cyclops gets crippled.
    Jean still kind of takes Piotr's side in his argument with Scott.

8/10, only because Havok had a beard and no Maddie underboob.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.