All-New Member

Default How much for comic artist ?

2. How much money would it be to hire a descent comic artist for a project.
    How do you guaranty that they don't drop out of the project halfway through. Do they have references, ect..

- Should I do my comic project in just ink. Get it started of the ground, then do color after some momentum has started ? Is there a huge monetary difference between the two?

to give an idea. The comic project is 96 pages, with an average 4 to 5 to 6 panels per page. Average would be 5.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    2. How much money would it be to hire a descent comic artist for a project.
    Define "decent". Be prepared to pay at least $25-50 per page, depending on your budget. Offer royalties too. The more, the merrier... So if you can afford the likes of Alex Ross, by all means do it - it's the best way to get your story out there. The writer is only as good as his artist.
    How do you guaranty that they don't drop out of the project halfway through. Do they have references, ect..
    No guaranty. People disappear, it's the Internet. Yeah, previously published work is a must for a project this big. Lack of communication and frequent delays are the red flag.

- Should I do my comic project in just ink. Get it started of the ground, then do color after some momentum has started ? Is there a huge monetary difference between the two?
    It depends on the story really. Is it a webcomic or a graphic novel? Do some research online. I'd say color is a must but there are exceptions.