Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yes, she deserves Superman. Not the big baby-man currently wearing Superman's skin.

Bad characterization happens to EVERY character. Even Superman.

Oh, and Steve was just as whiny and immature when things didn't go his way, as well.
    Well, maybe it will help Diana to grow as a character to learn what it is like to be pushed aside for no good reason
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Well, maybe it will help Diana to grow as a character to learn what it is like to be pushed aside for no good reason
    Breaking up with someone because you don't love them isn't a good reason?

Superman, on the other hand, still does love Diana. He's just pushing her away because Pak, Yang, and Tomasi appear to believe that Superman becomes an infantile douche the second he loses his powers.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Superman, on the other hand, still does love Diana. He's just pushing her away because Pak, Yang, and Tomasi appear to believe that Superman becomes an infantile douche the second he loses his powers.
    that is new 52 superman immature, selfish and jerk.

ww deserves a guy that respect the fact that she is more powerful, him powerless or not. i guess me and brett.know that guy

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post

ww deserves a guy that respect the fact that she is more powerful, him powerless or not. i guess me and brett.know that guy
    You know a really bad characterization of Superman, and you embrace that bad characterization because it feeds your crusade against a romance you don't like.

New 52 Superman has NOT been consistently written as an immature, selfish jerk. This is just bad writing. Nothing more. And it will end sooner or later.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Extraordinary Member

Just like Diana pushed Steve away to keep him safe, even though she still loves him.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Just like Diana pushed Steve away to keep him safe, even though she still loves him.
    Scans, or it ain't so.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

like alanis sings: isnt ironic?

same thong that.superman did with lois

Incredible Member

ww deserves a guy that respect the fact that she is more powerful, him powerless or not. I guess me and brett. Know that guy
    Who is this wonderful man?
    I don't think it's Batman because he is afraid of wonder woman and plans to use Superman against her.
    Nor can it be Steve, because when Diana released him from the league he whined that the Justice League needs him to protect them just like Diana has needed him to look after her from day one.
    So it seems Superman is the only one who respects her strength, as shown in Superman #40

same thing that.superman did with lois
    I also remember that when Lois was putting the moves on Clark, his contact called him so he had a job to do, and during this Jon Carroll stepped in. After the whole thing with Lex went down Lois then proceeds to friend zone Clark. You may be confused because their is a narrative that explains that Clark is pushing Lois away because he must protect her from his secret but that doesn't mean that Clark pushed her into the arms of someone else.

Also to note while Clark may be acting somewhat more impatient, there may be a good reason as the whole "Truth" event eludes to something affecting Clark more than the loss of powers so we will have to wait and see so we get the full story before we judge the actual event and the way Kal is behaving.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

This was a decent preview, I thought. I never touched SM/WW before, but the art looks great! the "I dont love you" cliff hanger was kind of ehh. and WW looks great except for the soldier pads, hoping they do away with those.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    This was a decent preview, I thought. I never touched SM/WW before, but the art looks great! the "I dont love you" cliff hanger was kind of ehh. and WW looks great except for the soldier pads, hoping they do away with those.
    The Superman Wonder Woman Book is actually pretty good and the art is great although it does suffer from the minor mishap from time to time, but yeah the Preview definitely has my interest.

Superman needs to be a dick to make this failed relationship with Wonder Woman interesting.
    Its been 2 years so far and all they've managed to do is stagnate as characters and reveal how shallow and ill conceived the pairing was in the first place. Its why you don't pair people together based on looks or powers
    Now you can actually see Superman in Steve's position where he's whining about a legit problem that makes the characters at least a bit more compelling

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    Who is this wonderful man?
    I don't think it's Batman because he is afraid of wonder woman and plans to use Superman against her.
    Nor can it be Steve, because when Diana released him from the league he whined that the Justice League needs him to protect them just like Diana has needed him to look after her from day one.
    So it seems Superman is the only one who respects her strength, as shown in Superman #40
    batman and steve have nothing to do with superman case. Batman has counter attack plans for everyone, it is how he is. Nothing personal against WW. Steve was mad to be fired again, and his protection has nothing to do with it being "phisycal"

I also remember that when Lois was putting the moves on Clark, his contact called him so he had a job to do, and during this Jon Carroll stepped in. After the whole thing with Lex went down Lois then proceeds to friend zone Clark. You may be confused because their is a narrative that explains that Clark is pushing Lois away because he must protect her from his secret but that doesn't mean that Clark pushed her into the arms of someone else.

Also to note while Clark may be acting somewhat more impatient, there may be a good reason as the whole "Truth" event eludes to something affecting Clark more than the loss of powers so we will have to wait and see so we get the full story before we judge the actual event and the way Kal is behaving.
    well he could had said I call you later or something like that before ran away. And Lois implies he did it many times, so she move on with Carrol. She thought he wasn't into her, I can't blame her. it was clark that friendzoned himself. On JL he said he feel alone and can't share things with normal humans because he is afraid they will get hurt

You know a really bad characterization of Superman, and you embrace that bad characterization because it feeds your crusade against a romance you don't like.

New 52 Superman has NOT been consistently written as an immature, selfish jerk. This is just bad writing. Nothing more. And it will end sooner or later.
    I don't embrace it, but it is what he is now. I criticize many times new 52 superman
    Last edited by Blacksun; 05-29-2015 at 12:27 PM.

same thong that.superman did with lois
    Ah yes, the song that clearly illustrated that Alanis didn't understand the concept of irony? OK :P

On JL he said he feel alone and can't share things with normal humans because he is afraid they will get hurt
    Scans, or it ain't so.

Clark said nothing about that. He said he felt lonely because normal people can't understand what it's like to be him. He said nothing about avoiding regular people because they might get hurt.

I don't embrace it, but it is what he is now. I criticize many times new 52 superman
    Yes, that's what he is RIGHT NOW. In this very crappy story that's all about putting Clark through yet another contrived wringer. It's not who he is when he's being written right. Which is the rule, rather than the exception.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Incredible Member

batman and steve have nothing to do with superman case. Batman has counter attack plans for everyone, it is how he is. Nothing personal against WW. Steve was mad to be fired again, and his protection has nothing to do with it being "phisycal"
    You said and Quote:
    And considering your history to "ship" Wonder Woman with anyone who isn't Superman I assumed you where talking about one of them, unless you where talking about Orion, I mean he isn't a jer... oh yeah.
    And onto your points Batman doesn't respect anyone with power, he is simply afraid of them thanks for proving that.
    And last time I checked protection means their physical being and not just looking out for someone and making sure they don't make the wrong decisions. So not only does Steve not respect her Strength, but also her Mental capacity.

well he could had said I call you later or something like that before ran away. And Lois implies he did it many times, so she move on with Carrol. She thought he wasn't into her, I can't blame her. it was clark that friendzoned himself. On JL he said he feel alone and can't share things with normal humans because he is afraid they will get hurt
    Well he had a job to do and he was busy being Superman and he wasn't fighting his feelings at the time, he just needed a "cold shower" of sorts. And Lois could have waited rather then date the next guy who said Hello. Also Clark didn't say that he was afraid of anyone getting hurt if they where in a relationship with him, simply that relationships for them are complicated and that makes him feel alone which is a normal feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Ah yes, the song that clearly illustrated that Alanis didn't understand the concept of irony? OK :P
    Necessary video.