WolfSovereign

Default Final paper on political themes in 'Watchmen' and 'V for Vendetta'

Hello everybody,

My name is Dominik, 17 years of age. I'm completely new here and basically just for one purpose. Asking for help and advice. Now as you can say from the title, this thread is about the 'Final Paper' that I have to write. It's difficult to explain what it is exactly, as I am from Austria and therefore have a completely different school system than probably most of you guys. Anyway, it's a very important piece of work.

Before reading on, please note: I don't ask anyone to actually write my work, and even if someone would offer it to me, I would refuse. Simply because it is a valuable experience and interesting to work on it, which is why I want to do it alone. Apart from the fact that it would be illegal.

Now you probably ask yourself what it is I'm asking for. The name of my paper will be (and this is a translation, so it might not sound that cool): 'Graphic Novels as an Expression of Political Themes on the Basis of the Works of Alan Moore'. We are expected to write our papers in the summerholidays and finish them off during autumn 2015, so I have already started to collect information, literature and so on. During the month of may I have started reading some of the chosen literature, watching interviews and that stuff, just to dive in a bit. I'm also currently working on an expanded structure of my work.

That's where you come in. I'm asking for your ideas. Do you know any literature that might be useful? Any good interviews with Alan Moore? Interesting links and online resources? If you would read my paper, what would you expect it to contain? To sum up: feel free to talk about the topic here and post your general ideas!

Sincerely,

Dominik

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

These looks like they may be useful to you, for a start.

The Annotated Watchmen

Reading Watchmen

V for Vendetta Annotations
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)