Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    I didn't state my preference. I, frankly, don't have a preference. Although, if I recall correctly, the animated film version said some iffy things that could be construed as sexist. The Batman: Brave and the Bold version (at least the part I saw in the clip on YouTube) doesn't do anything that is outright objectionable other than having the same sort of over-the-top satirical quality that all the characters in that universe possess. Now that I think of it, I actually do have a preference. My favorite Steve Trevor was the one in the Justice League: Unlimited series who Wonder Wonder meets during a time travel trip back to World War II.

The JL version was pretty good too. I'll grant that the animated movie version certainly started out as sexist but grew over the course of the film. (his confession while inadvertently having his foot through the lasso was certainly amusing, IMO)
    Dark does not mean deep.

I recall debating with someone a couple of years ago on the DC comics board that Pine would never be interested in playing Trevor. I reasoned he wouldn't want to be second banana to WW when he's the lead in his own franchise. Shows how much I know!

He's got the look, but that Jason Lewis really looks like he was drawn by HG Peter.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...der-woman-film

This is potentially good news for the Steve fans. Chris Pine's pretty high-profile these days. I doubt they'd waste him on a role where he's just there to be Diana's boyfriend and/or damsel-in-distress.
    there isnt.nothing wrong with that. marston created.him to be saves and be a.********terest. with some punches and.useful skills to complement ww

Incredible Member

I can accept this casting and I think it is a good call although no offense to Wonder Woman fans but I had hopes for him to be cast in a bigger role in the DC Universe but I can accept this so long as they don't make him behave like the Wonder Woman animated movie Steve Trevor.

I think it's pretty clear Batman is jealous. He expects the princess to be more impressed with a rich, suave, superhero like himself rather than the ordinary secret agent who is not only okay with being weaker than the woman he loves but even seems turned on by it. Of course, Batman wouldn't get it. I expect a lot of guys wouldn't get it either.
    Yep Wonder Woman isn't impressed with all the superficial stuff but she is more impressed with the truth of character in a person and can see the good heart within a person whether they be a secret agent or a reporter for example.
    Last edited by ssupes; 05-27-2015 at 06:28 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I remember Pine was being rumored to play Hal. Kind of funny if Eastwood ends up playing Hal like I think he might and Pine gets Steve.

Also, I initially read Chris Pratt in the thread title, and did a double take.

Ultimate Member

This is almost too perfect as far a casting goes. Pine has playing the "cocky yet strangely lovable douche" down to a science by this point.

I wonder if we'll be getting Air Force officer Steve, or ARGUS agent Steve, or some other type of Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I remember Pine was being rumored to play Hal. Kind of funny if Eastwood ends up playing Hal like I think he might and Pine gets Steve.
    i always thought he would be perfect Hal.

BANNED

I don't understand how "raawarrrr girl power she don't need no man" but then talk about who Superman shud date like he needs it.
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 05-28-2015 at 08:21 AM. Reason: negative commentary removed

BANNED

this guy is steve trevor!!! smallville steve was inspired on chris Pine.

now with another big name playing steve trevor DC will have to do more on comics and I hope return steve to WW

It really is a lot of fun:

LOL ... love it ... this is from Batman B&TB right?

Ultimate Member

Hopefully Steve calls her "angel" at some point. Come on Patty, just once that's all I'm asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Hopefully Steve calls her "angel" at some point. Come on Patty, just once that's all I'm asking.
    Haha...yes!
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

BANNED

a scene like this isn't much to ask. wonder if Pine will work out more
    Last edited by Blacksun; 05-28-2015 at 01:39 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    http://aweewanderwiththedafthermitin...er-briefs.html

a scene like this isn't much to ask. wonder if Pine will work out more
    If we are not asking Gal to get buff, why ask that of Chris Pine?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    If we are not asking Gal to get buff, why ask that of Chris Pine?
    because he is suppossed to be a secret agent/soldier? I was just wondering, I diubt he will buff up too much anyway