Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
    BANNED

Didio don't care, so nobody care. If Dad ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Didio don't care, so nobody care. If Dad ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.
    Evidence, please? Yes, we agree that this situation has been terribly handled. But a personal vendetta from Dan Didio? Please, don't start in with completely unsubstantiated and unsourced conspiracy theories. It is a complete waste of effort and convinces no one. The co-publisher of DC Comics has the time and inclination to wage a war against a non-existent superhero because ten years, ago he was not able to kill said superhero who was never alive to start with? Oh my, he must have an easy job if he has time for those imaginary shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Evidence, please? Yes, we agree that this situation has been terribly handled. But a personal vendetta from Dan Didio? Please, don't start in with completely unsubstantiated and unsourced conspiracy theories. It is a complete waste of effort and convinces no one. The co-publisher of DC Comics has the time and inclination to wage a war against a non-existent superhero because ten years, ago he was not able to kill said superhero who was never alive to start with? Oh my, he must have an easy job if he has time for those imaginary shenanigans.
    Well, no one can deny that DiDio enjoys trolling Dick and Stephanie fans at conventions (and I'll admit I've definitely made some trollish comments about him here), but that is mostly in good fun. He has said that he finds Dick to be redundant (I'm paraphrasing because I don't want to look for any quotes right now). I think he does have a point but I would argue that Tim, Jason, and Damian are the redundant ones because Dick was first. I don't think it's too far of a stretch to consider this a way of addressing that redundancy. Remove Dick from the Bat-Fam entirely and he won't be stealing the light from the others. In a sense he isn't wrong. Dick has enough fans that will follow him anywhere and it gives room for Tim or Jason to take a more public role that would have been filled by Dick before.

Still like you mentioned in the other post this issue requires us to just accept that the rest of the Bat-Fam is just ignoring the death of the second most important member. Babs should be a mess. Tim should be all self-righteous and angry. Jason should be concerned about how the rest of his friends will handle this. While it gives Bruce the chance to say he let out his anger (by trashing the Bat-Cave) it doesn't do anything to explore the impact Nightwing has had. It's even worse when you consider the rest of the world ignoring it (Haly's Circus, Chicago, Sonia Branch, Batwing, Historic District, Vicky Vale, etc...)

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    Well, no one can deny that DiDio enjoys trolling Dick and Stephanie fans at conventions (and I'll admit I've definitely made some trollish comments about him here), but that is mostly in good fun. He has said that he finds Dick to be redundant (I'm paraphrasing because I don't want to look for any quotes right now). I think he does have a point but I would argue that Tim, Jason, and Damian are the redundant ones because Dick was first. I don't think it's too far of a stretch to consider this a way of addressing that redundancy. Remove Dick from the Bat-Fam entirely and he won't be stealing the light from the others. In a sense he isn't wrong. Dick has enough fans that will follow him anywhere and it gives room for Tim or Jason to take a more public role that would have been filled by Dick before.

Still like you mentioned in the other post this issue requires us to just accept that the rest of the Bat-Fam is just ignoring the death of the second most important member. Babs should be a mess. Tim should be all self-righteous and angry. Jason should be concerned about how the rest of his friends will handle this. While it gives Bruce the chance to say he let out his anger (by trashing the Bat-Cave) it doesn't do anything to explore the impact Nightwing has had. It's even worse when you consider the rest of the world ignoring it (Haly's Circus, Chicago, Sonia Branch, Batwing, Historic District, Vicky Vale, etc...)
    That's actually one of the worst elements of the whole situation.

Dick's unmasking and "death" had absolutely no impact on anyone.

It's pretty much safe to say that that, regardless of what you think of the character's current direction, the one thing that most can agree on is this: there was no plan for Dick post-Forever Evil (where he just served as a plot device to establish the threat of the villians and then as a damsel to give Batman something to rescue and team up with villians).
    Pulling: Spider-Gwen, All New Captain America, Ms Marvel, Secret Six, Daredevil, Uncanny X-Men, Grayson, Batman, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, A-Force, Cyborg, Starfire

BANNED

It could have been any character at DC to fill that role in FE. I personally would have preferred it if Batman himself got a painful case of carpal butt from sitting on a hard chair for months on end. Superman on a Kryptonite La-Z-Boy recliner. In the olden days, if Wonder Woman was bound by a man, she couldn't break free. Whatever. I think one of the aims in FE was just looking for some cheap "shock value".