Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Default New Earth 2 Batman revealed

I'm seriously in love with the Batman suit Earth 2 Dick Grayson wore in the preview for Society. It echoes the look of the classic Nightwing costume with it's use of yellow and the elongated bat symbol while still giving us everything we expect out of a look for Batman. And the cape as a jacket? I'm interested to see how that looks in more detail, but from what we saw it was undeniably cool.

Spectacular Member dick_wingnut's Avatar

The nose guard look dumb as hell.

He looks like Bill Lambeer.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post

I'm seriously in love with the Batman suit Earth 2 Dick Grayson wore in the preview for Society. It echoes the look of the classic Nightwing costume with it's use of yellow and the elongated bat symbol while still giving us everything we expect out of a look for Batman. And the cape as a jacket? I'm interested to see how that looks in more detail, but from what we saw it was undeniably cool.

I think the costume looks awesome also. I think it actually looks better how it's drawn in the divergence preview that came out today. The cape as a jacket is a great touch to making it stand out.
    Last edited by OWL45; 05-27-2015 at 03:51 PM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I really like it as well.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

GREAT costume!

Im a big fan of the costume. Reminds me of an early design from Morrison's B&R where they had a yellow bat symbol with a black circle.

Incredible Member

Personally I really like the new costume, definitely feels more appropriate to Dick.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Don't know why he's doing a quasi-Wildcat cosplay with the mask, but other than that, I think it looks okay. I like the badass-looking coat-cape he's wearing.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post

Im a big fan of the costume. Reminds me of an early design from Morrison's B&R where they had a yellow bat symbol with a black circle.
    The jacket part reminds me a little of Damian's Batman costume too.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Earth-2... Last I read about that Power Girl was dating... Who was it again?

What big changes have happened since?

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

The part over his face is weird, yet it makes it look more like a Bat. I wasn't planning on picking this series up, but, it looks kinda interesting.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I don't like that costume at all...looks too Wildcaty somehow. Not interested in this Batman in general.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Earth-2... Last I read about that Power Girl was dating... Who was it again?

What big changes have happened since?
    spoilers:

well it turned out that E2 Superman was actually alive oh wait he isn't and now Power Girl is Superwoman running around with a big S-patch over her boob window

well Earth-2 blew up at the end of World's End, although I think we all saw that coming and some of the E2 characters got shipped off to Convergence to be the main focus of that mini-series

Then in Convergence early on Thomas Wayne blew up to blow up some of the pre-FP Bat-villains including badly characterized Doctor Hurt and Flamingo to make way for E2 Dick to become this Batman

Now in the Earth-2 Society Preview it appears that the E2 heroes have split off into factions with Superwoman, GL, Flash, and DickBat2 against Huntress, Red Arrow, and what appears to be crazy villain Jimmy Olson but given that this is just a preview - who knows? Almost everyone appears to have new costumes as well.

oh, and Jay Garrick also showed up in one panel at the end of Multiversity to help defeat the big bad along with all the other Flashes of the Multiverse, but given that he was in his original costume, who the hell knows when this happened regarding the E2 timeline.
    end of spoilers
    that's all the major stuff I can think of right now
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 05-28-2015 at 07:09 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    The part over his face is weird, yet it makes it look more like a Bat. I wasn't planning on picking this series up, but, it looks kinda interesting.
    I wasn't planning on it either but the characters were handled decently in Convergence and this preview was interesting so I'm going to give it a go.

Yeah, I actually really like the look, especially the way it calls back to the old Nightwing costume. I like the cowl too, because it doesn't look like every other bat-cowl. (Though, I do have to say, this would be the perfect cowl for a mustached Thomas Wayne Batman, with how it hides the upper-lip -- so maybe Dick will grow a mustache)