Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Huntress helps Ollie and Roy rescue Felicity from Brother Blood. After they all escape in a helicopter, the escaped leader tries to throw Roy out of the helicopter. Roy kicks him out of the helicopter.

(SCENE: Iron Heights prison. Helena is back behind bars)

HELENA: "So, he's dead?"

OLLIE: "Unless he's Superman, yeah."

HELENA: "What's a 'Super-Man'?"

OLLIE: "Never mind, inside joke."
    That's it? What a letdown.

Jeez, even if this exchange had happened on television, it still wouldn't have proved anything beyond being a meta-joke for the audience.

My take remains the same as always: Superman (and Supergirl too) do not exist on the same world as ARROW / THE FLASH / LEGENDS OF TOMORROW, but they will be able to do a special crossover via parallel Earths in a season or two or three down the line.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

So let's assume that he is referring to the comic book character. The show itself has made reference to the concept of super-hero comics existing in that universe. That still doesn't explain why Helena doesn't know who Superman is. If he is a famous pop-culture figure there as well she should at least be familiar with him. If the comics don't connect to the TV show then, quite frankly, I'm wasting my money. As for scans, I haven't had a working scanner for nearly two years. So that might be an issue. Never having liked the concept of "meta" references, that wasn't my first assumption. My first assumption was that this was a shout out and suggestion that the Supergirl and Arrow TV shows take place in the same universe since the same people make the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So let's assume that he is referring to the comic book character. The show itself has made reference to the concept of super-hero comics existing in that universe. That still doesn't explain why Helena doesn't know who Superman is. If he is a famous pop-culture figure there as well she should at least be familiar with him. If the comics don't connect to the TV show then, quite frankly, I'm wasting my money. As for scans, I haven't had a working scanner for nearly two years. So that might be an issue. Never having liked the concept of "meta" references, that wasn't my first assumption. My first assumption was that this was a shout out and suggestion that the Supergirl and Arrow TV shows take place in the same universe since the same people make the comic.
    The bolded part pretty much sums up most of the TV-tie-in superhero comics out there.

Although SMALLVILLE : SEASON 11 probably found the only way to escape this route: take place and be released only after the tv show goes off the air.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

So...basically confirmed with the Legends of Tomorrow trailer having a future Vandal Savage declare "I've seen men of steel die and dark knights fall". Given that spoilers:
    due to the existing time-travel shenanigans of Flash, superhumans weren't supposed to show up for several more years anyway - a future in which Barry was point-blank said to be a founding member of the Justice League -
    end of spoilers it's likely that if we get anything like elaboration on this, Superman and Batman just exist a little ways in the future (or, if my own ridiculous theory remains correct, Thawne erased them from history).
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    So...basically confirmed with the Legends of Tomorrow trailer having a future Vandal Savage declare "I've seen men of steel die and dark knights fall"...
    Was that Savage? I thought it was Rip.

(Admittedly, only saw and heard snippets on Instagram, so...)

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    So...basically confirmed with the Legends of Tomorrow trailer having a future Vandal Savage declare "I've seen men of steel die and dark knights fall". Given that spoilers:
    due to the existing time-travel shenanigans of Flash, superhumans weren't supposed to show up for several more years anyway - a future in which Barry was point-blank said to be a founding member of the Justice League -
    end of spoilers it's likely that if we get anything like elaboration on this, Superman and Batman just exist a little ways in the future (or, if my own ridiculous theory remains correct, Thawne erased them from history).
    So does that mean that both Superman and Batman existed in that universe at one time and now doesn't? They both died? Does the LOT show take place in the future (I don't know that much about it)? To be honest, it would be interesting to have Superman and Batman be dead and/or gone in this universe and Arrow, Flash, Atom, Canary, and Hawkwoman all represent the "next generation" so to speak. Sort of like the new Earth 2 in the comics.