The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Default Who do you suppose Telos *really* was?

Telos' true identity is one of the lingering mysteries of CONVERGENCE. Whom do you think he really was?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Dunno, but this was one of those points that helped this series descend into mediocrity after a decent start. They set it up as a mystery we should all be concerned about, and then avoid resolving it. Pretty shite story-telling to tell the truth. This, on top of gaffes (like the swap out of Waverider for the evolved Booster Gold seen in the BG mini, which ends with "to be continue in Convergence #8"), and the shifting villain-of-the-day vehicle, really blunted the narrative momentum of the story. I'm still slightly stunned that they took the biggest moment of the story -- the return to COIE by Parallax/Superman/Lois Lane/Flash -- and took the "it happened between panels" route. Talking about misunderstanding the genre. Show. Don't tell. Not a hard thing to grasp. But completely mishandled here, to the extent that it leads the final issue to have as anticlimactic a conclusion as I've seen in a while.

Some genuine flubs in this. Not revealing Telos' identity was one of them. When they finally get around to it -- or revealing what Parallax/Superman/Flash did in COIE -- I'm not really going to care. Depending on who writes it, I may avoid whatever follow up this generates altogether.

Incredible Member Prisoner 6655321's Avatar

If I were to guess, maybe some kinda Blood Moon Swamp Thing type entity that was transformed into something else after Brainiac terraformed the planet. Or maybe a re-purposed Skeets (sure, that's a longshot but what the heck).
    Did you know that every atom in our bodies was once part of a star? Think about that… EVERYTHING changes. Caterpillars turn into butterflies and stars turn into @$$holes.

Because I lack a better anser...Vril Dox II.

I'd guess he's some variant of the Warlord character from one of the many Earths.
    Pull list (issues or trades):
    DC Batman Batgirl Bizarro Dr. Fate Superman
    Vertigo Sandman Fables Astro City Vertigo Quarterly
    Marvel Miracleman Thors Ms. Marvel
    Other Lazarus Buffy Angel & Faith Saga

BANNED

He was bald and enjoyed making DC heroes and villains throughout history battle each other, so I'm going with Dan DiDio.

Arak, Son Of Thunder!

Because why not?

A completely random being from a completely random world that will be retconned into a significant figure in a radom character's past.

"You see, Krypton's moon was, in fact, inhabited all this time! And this is El-Kal, which was actually a GREAT influence in Jor-El's decision to catapult his infant son out of his doomed planet! Si you see, Telos has everythign to do with Superman!"