Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Which titles are worth getting?

Hello,

I'm only 16 Years old so I'm kind of low on cash, but I'm really interested in subscribing to these monthly titles:

Batman
    Batman Beyond
    Batgirl
    Catwoman
    Detective Comics
    Robin: Son of Batman
    Superman
    Wonderman

Which ones are worth getting and which one's aren't?

I'm kind of on the fence with Catwoman and Detective Comics... Are they any good?

Batgirl, Batman Beyond, Robin: Son of Batman and Batman are musts for me, but the others i'm not too sure about, please share your opinions.

P.S I'm referring to the #41+ Titles starting in June

Thanks.

Maybe look at 1 issue first before subscribing.

Spectacular Member

Superman has a new writer starting in June so it is hard to tell how well it will be. Although I did enjoy the 8 page preview for the series. Action Comics is another Superman title that is good.

June has tons of new titles and current titles going in a new direction (like Batman). Your best bet is to go through all the free 8-page previews DC released this month. One tip that could help with a low cash flow is purchase the titles digitally after they are reduced in price after two months, or select a couple of titles that you can wait to trade-wait for. That would help.

Quote Originally Posted by AhmedAliGHZ View Post
    Hello,

I'm only 16 Years old so I'm kind of low on cash, but I'm really interested in subscribing to these monthly titles:

Batman
    Batman Beyond
    Batgirl
    Catwoman
    Detective Comics
    Robin: Son of Batman
    Superman
    Wonderman

Which ones are worth getting and which one's aren't?

I'm kind of on the fence with Catwoman and Detective Comics... Are they any good?

Batgirl, Batman Beyond, Robin: Son of Batman and Batman are musts for me, but the others i'm not too sure about, please share your opinions.

P.S I'm referring to the #41+ Titles starting in June

Thanks.
    If Batgirl is a must, then definitely get Black Canary.
    Maybe Dr. Fate and Constantine.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

DC has released a bunch of free 8 page preview stories for those books, try those first.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

I'd recommend Gotham Academy. The second story arc starts with #7 and the first trade collecting the first six issues both come out in June. It's a very unique DC series where you don't need to know anything prior to follow the story, and it's just a fun story overall with new characters and an art style that should be in more DC series.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Maybe look at 1 issue first before subscribing.
    Alright. I'll have a look at some of the other previews now.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    If Batgirl is a must, then definitely get Black Canary.
    Maybe Dr. Fate and Constantine.
    Not gonna lie, I saw a preview and the character seems lame. But what is her role in Batgirl?

Incredible Member

Maybe wait a few days after they're released to see what the reception is for these books (comicbookroundup.com)

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeMonster View Post
    Maybe wait a few days after they're released to see what the reception is for these books (comicbookroundup.com)
    Yeah I think that's the best thing to do. Thanks for the site i'll be sure to check out the reviews.

By the way is X Men '92 Issue 1 out yet? I thought it was supposed to be out yesterday but I can't find any reviews or anything online?

BANNED

Now isn't a good time to jump on Batman. You'd be completely confused, especially considering what there doing with him post Convergence.

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    Now isn't a good time to jump on Batman. You'd be completely confused, especially considering what there doing with him post Convergence.
    Eh... oh. Why is it confusing tho? I know he's James Gordon and a Robot now. Isn't that about it?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Eh... oh. Why is it confusing tho? I know he's James Gordon and a Robot now. Isn't that about it?
    If you haven't read all of Snyder's run so far, it still may be hard to follow. Endgame and all these changes. Eternal, etc.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Pretty much. Batman fought the Joker and both apparently perished. Gordon's stepping into the role. Not much else to it, tbh. Snyder's run has been good, so I'd say check it out.

I'd also say check out Superman (which looks interesting) and Robin: Son of Batman (Gleason's kills on art, and the preview looked good).

Not gonna lie, I saw a preview and the character seems lame. But what is her role in Batgirl?
    Her appearances in Batgirl are what has led to the new series, written by the same writer.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.