Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I thought girls never sweat and that they peed out of their bums.

I used to think that if you swallowed the seed of a fruit, a tree will grow from your stomache. When I got older I would scare my little cousin with it. He swallowed a watermelon seed and I told him a HUGE watermelon will grow in his belly. He started bawling like crazy and I got in trouble from his mom.

BANNED

My grandma told me if you hold a bowel movement for too long it will come out your mouth & I believed that for an embarrassingly long time.

All-New Member

truth is, consequences are, always real..

My misconception about sex when I was a pre-teen was that I figured sperm just emanated through the daddy's pants in evaporated form, then floated directly through the mommy's clothes and into her womb.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

That gasoline alley was a race track term and not an actual road in indianapolis indiana.
    that dogs were boys and cats were girls. Same with lions and tigers.

I still believe God judges me if I masturbate on sundays.

BANNED

That r/c car engines could rev without limit.

My mom and dad were really unhappy when the new Paris Picco Works motor they gave me for christmas shot the rod/crank assembly through the side of the block. Along with part of the flywheel.

BANNED

I also thought the whole world was the United States
    Half the grown ups in your country still believe this.

I used to think that everyone in the world thought in the Dutch language, and that they had to translate their thoughts to their respective languages, except for us here in Holland. This was when I was very little.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

I believed my parents when they told me that thunder was the angels and God bowling. I also believed them that Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and God existed. I also thought that cooties were a real thing when I was young. I thought that school would go on forever as in there would be a 13th,14th,15th grade and so on. I thought I'd be a kid forever no matter how old I got and that adults would always be supervising my generation and our siblings.

I also believed that swallowed gum would stay in your stomach for 7 years and the 7 years of bad luck for breaking a mirror. I once earnestly called out for the Kool Aid man and was disappointed when he didn't burst out from behind anything. I also believed I'd one day become a superstar baseball player.

I thought comic book stories were glimpses into other realities and that the characters really existed in another universe.

Invincible Member

That the euphemisms for curse words, Cripes!,Blast!,Holy Spit!, etc...were slang that people in New York said. You could have convinced me that old folks in Russia believed in The Great White Wolf!

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Half the grown ups in your country still believe this.
    Well then, you'll also have a clever quip for this:

Now I remember, I also thought the role of the president of the U.S. was more like that of a king or a dictator where he can have anyone executed, and had all of the money or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    I used to think that everyone in the world thought in the Dutch language, and that they had to translate their thoughts to their respective languages, except for us here in Holland. This was when I was very little.
    Interesting, I use to think English was just a variant of Chinese kind of like Cantonese and Mandarin (Both are Chinese, but they wouldn't be able to understand each other if you only knew one of those dialects, but it's about the same if you wrote it)

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Early gradeschool, I assumed English was something everybody used mostly in public, when you go home, you spoke "your" language, Dutch, Spanish, Lakota, whatever.

Despite Year One being the first Batman comic I can remember reading, and seeing the 89 movie in the theater at least twice, I was into my early double digits before I finally gave up on my conviction that after Bruce Wayne's parents were murdered, he sulked and raged in the batcave, living with bats and eating rats until he became the ninja detective superhero we know and love. (Twenty years later, Frank Miller proved me right about the rats.)
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

When I was little one of my sisters told me that everyone's tongue had tastebuds and what tastebuds were were these millions and millions of tiny hairs on the surface of your tongue.
    So the white stuff you get on your tongue sometimes was actually dandruff
    And the only way to really get rid of it was to gargle shampoo

I can't remember if I ever actually tried it, but I do remember thinking it sounded pretty legit