Default Nova #31 Spoilers/Discussion

It's final issue of Nova before Sam comes back from Secret Wars, and I have to say it was a nice issue.

Here's what happened:
    -Following from last issue the Chitauri are throwing meteors at the earth with Sam smashing them, when one gets away
    -Thankfully Beta Ray Bill, the Guardians of the Galaxy, and the Avengers come to help, allowing Sam to go after the Chitauri and rescue his father.
    -Nova takes on their leader Warbringer and they fight until Sam throws him into the sun.
    -After that the Chitauri surrender and release their prisoners including Sam's Dad.
    -Sam returns home with his Dad and his family is reunited.
    -In the epilogue Warbringer returns, badly burned, and vows to kill Nova.

Overall this was a nice wrap-up issue for Nova, while it was a quick read it is really a nice ending for those who have been following this series and finally seeing Sam reunite with his father after so long. I'd give it a 4/5.

Well the next time you see Sam, it will be on the Avengers post-Secret Wars.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

I truly hope Richard Rider comes back post Secret Wars. I mean honestly at best the new Nova is truly a bit annoying and inconsiderate of his predecessor and his family.

I hope eventually they can give Sam a genuine arch-nemesis post SW. This Warbringer guy or Titus could be good candidates.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marvelousmetalmouse View Post
    I hope eventually they can give Sam a genuine arch-nemesis post SW. This Warbringer guy or Titus could be good candidates.
    I was thinking that as well, lately it seems for some characters they opt not to give them a arch-nemesis which IMO is essential to a superhero

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    It's final issue of Nova before Sam comes back from Secret Wars, and I have to say it was a nice issue.

Here's what happened:
    -Following from last issue the Chitauri are throwing meteors at the earth with Sam smashing them, when one gets away
    -Thankfully Beta Ray Bill, the Guardians of the Galaxy, and the Avengers come to help, allowing Sam to go after the Chitauri and rescue his father.
    -Nova takes on their leader Warbringer and they fight until Sam throws him into the sun.
    -After that the Chitauri surrender and release their prisoners including Sam's Dad.
    -Sam returns home with his Dad and his family is reunited.
    -In the epilogue Warbringer returns, badly burned, and vows to kill Nova.

Overall this was a nice wrap-up issue for Nova, while it was a quick read it is really a nice ending for those who have been following this series and finally seeing Sam reunite with his father after so long. I'd give it a 4/5.

Well the next time you see Sam, it will be on the Avengers post-Secret Wars.

I enjoyed issue #31 and the whole Nova (Sam Alexander) run!!! Am happy that Sam's dad is live and reunited with the family, BIG thanks Duggan... seems the little guy could never catch a break (in or outside his comic)!!! Though with this issue, I had a feeling that Jesse was going to buy the farm. For we now know that Sam returns in the Avengers (YES...BIG Thank you Marvel)!!! But that leaves open the question about the helmet, which am happy to see is left open for moment. Not sure how that will work out. When Doc Green fixed it, does it now only activate for Sam? Jesse is going to buy the farm later? With all the spare parts they make another for Jesse? No matter, am just happy to see Sam and the Alexander clan enjoying a little rest. I did note Sam growing as a character during and a lot after the Kluh (BIG HULK) battle. In truth I wished the helmet had not been repaired so fast, am glad it was seeing the series was coming to a close. He had all these problems, home, school, bad guys on Earth and from beyond, etc... and now his helmet is broken, I loved it!!! I hope Nova ( Sam Alexander)is brought back again with his own series, but if not am very happy for what Marvel and Duggan put out.

(Am just a mindless zombie of the Sam brigade)
    BTW I never was fond of the New Coke, but I did love the 7UP Gold from years ago!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Endeavor to persevere.