Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Great start! Some questions I'd like answered: how did the gem get into that little bug? Is the story taking place behind the Shield? Is Thanos there by himself (presumably after getting away from the lifeboat in SW) or are his generals there too? And what kind of impact can an Infinity Gauntlet have in a universe made and ruled by Dr. Doom?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    Five stars? I was already curious, because I like the Nova Corps, but daaaaaang. High praise.
    I haven't read the issue yet because it for some reason didn't ship to my city (both of my local stores didn't get their shipment) but just out of curiosity, has Zawisza ever given a review of less than four stars? He seems like the comic book world's Ben Lyons.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla90210 View Post
    I haven't read the issue yet because it for some reason didn't ship to my city (both of my local stores didn't get their shipment) but just out of curiosity, has Zawisza ever given a review of less than four stars? He seems like the comic book world's Ben Lyons.
    Took a look... He has... but yeah, not very many. Darn. He's not the only one singing its praises, however.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunN View Post
    Great start! Some questions I'd like answered: how did the gem get into that little bug? Is the story taking place behind the Shield? Is Thanos there by himself (presumably after getting away from the lifeboat in SW) or are his generals there too? And what kind of impact can an Infinity Gauntlet have in a universe made and ruled by Dr. Doom?
    I'm wondering if this Thanos is the 616 Thanos or the Thanos native to whichever kingdom Infinity Gauntlet is set in. The collected gems might only bestow omnipotence within the boundaries of that kingdom.

As for the reality gem... It sure seems to me that Anwen wished her mother there to save the family. The real question is did Anwen actually recreated/resurrect her dead mother or did Anwen simply teleported still-living mom from wherever she was? Like I said before, it would be truly heartbreaking if mom blinks out of existence at the end of the series or when/if Anwen loses possession of the reality gem.

Of course, it might not be the reality gem at all. We'll have to wait and see.
    Last edited by nx01a; 05-28-2015 at 02:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As much as I hope it's not the case, a part of me wondered if the mom showing up at the end was a result of the Reality Gem being used in someway rather than her actually being alive .
    Thats an interesting idea.

And yeah this is an alt Thanos. The real one is with the Cabal.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

False advertising.
    Unlike Planet Hulk/Old Man Logan/Spiderverse/Inferno already out, at least those are somewhat similar to their original stories.

Good story, Good Art and Great start... happy I picked it up!!!
    Endeavor to persevere.

This was a great issue. Duggan definitely hit the beats of the complexities of a family. I liked the tension of hope and loss, especially among the young kids. The chase was great as well.

It was interesting to see Anwen find an Infinity Gem, mainly because this could affect the main Marvel Universe moving forward. Indeed, wasn't it stated that this was a title to watch since its effects would be felt post-Battle World?

Still, as someone who hasn't picked up a Nova title in a while, I have to admit the thought of Rich Rider came up. Yeah, yeah, I know that people are tired of hearing about him, but ultimately I'd like to see him play a role with these new Nova characters in the future. Perhaps he'll be a mentor to Anwen and the rest of the family? Leader of the Nova Corps. that Anwen finds herself a part of?

Anyway, looking forward to next issue!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Mhenry86 View Post
    False advertising.
    Unlike Planet Hulk/Old Man Logan/Spiderverse/Inferno already out, at least those are somewhat similar to their original stories.
    It was never said to be like the original. The story is called Infinity Gauntlet cause its about six stones that fit into a gauntlet wielded by Thanos. Pretty acurate all things considered.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    Five stars? I was already curious, because I like the Nova Corps, but daaaaaang. High praise.
    Most of the reviews have it in the 7 to 10 range, but Newsarama (the first of the reviews I saw) gave it a 3 out of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by servo View Post
    Most of the reviews have it in the 7 to 10 range, but Newsarama (the first of the reviews I saw) gave it a 3 out of 10.
    that newsarama review is awful. I'd personally give it a 9.5 but I'd say 7.5 and above is fair.
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

Spectacular Member

favorite of the Tie-ins so
    so far. these characters and stories like this r y Secret Wars had to happen way to go marvel I hope to see much more Of Anwen and her folks

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunN View Post
    Don't know for sure, but I'd wager, the bug probably ate it. Yes, the story is taking place beyond the Shield. This Thanos is an alternate version Thanos, not the 616 Cabal member. I have been wondering the same question as it pertains to the infinity gems. My guess is, even though Battleworld is a composite planet of different universes, Doom or whoever created had to in some way fuse these different realities together into the planet(Doom is sitting on the world tree, so maybe that has something to do with it.) So, it is technically one planet, and one universe made up of survivors of different universes. In that sense, the gauntlet should work because Battleworld is its native universe. Just my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Thats an interesting idea.

And yeah this is an alt Thanos. The real one is with the Cabal.
    BLASPHEMY!!! Every Thanos is a blessing from the beyond!! lol. Well, except for Ultimate Thanos.

Great issue. GORGEOUS art. Good set up to the story, felt self-contained, and accessible to readers, but a nod to those in the know about the Infinity Gauntlet. Anwen is a cool character, and loved the family dynamics in the book. One thing I noticed is that heroics is in all of them, not just the super hero mom..oh and ZigZag is cool! I used to have a dog just like him. Looking forward to the rest of this series.

FIVE stars?

I mean it was pretty good and the art was nice but five stars? Someone here said they would give it a 9.5 outta 10. Wow. Really? You're saying it's the equal or better than Moore's run on Swamp Thing or his Watchmen, Gaiman's run on Sandman, Miller's run on Daredevil, Waid's original run on Flash, Simonson's run on Thor?

The art was good, but as good as Bolland? Arthur Adams' Longshot? Darrow? Kaluta? Vess?

I mean it was fine but this amount of hyperbole makes me like it less, like a lot less.