Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Simian View Post
    Yeah, that review is upset that it's not a re-telling of the original. I don't think any of the tie-ins that I've read that are "continuing" a series are doing that. Very odd review. Although I agreed with their Convergence review.
    I for one enjoyed Infinity Gauntlet #1 and look forward to the next issue, Newsarama's review was out wack from what I read (Styrofoam wafers... really?) But their review was down right kind compared to CBN, I mean WOW that was mean . I find the reviews there laughable and ridiculous, woe unto you if you do not worship the one true Nova. I can almost feel the heat from the hate in the article. But I think I understand, it's painful to see another character out in the comic book world and your favorite not being used at the moment. When in pain folks sometimes lash out and oh boy there's a lot of pain here.

(A mindless zombie of the Sam brigade)
    Last edited by Vak; 06-01-2015 at 08:24 PM.
    Endeavor to persevere.

I love this issue. So refreshing to see a Black family in the center of things and plus is Thanos has a role in it. I'm looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vak View Post
    But there review was down right kind compared to CBN, I mean WOW that was mean ( http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/conten...tlet-name-only ).
    Yeah, I stopped reading after this paragraph:

First we’ve had Loeb’s truly pathetically bad half-Xandarian-half-Hispanic teen idiot, Sam Alexander, as Rich’s permanent replacement. Now comes Black Female teenage Xandarian, Anwen Bakian, and her family – including a salty old grandpa and a dog. Could you get more PC than this? I think not. And the zombies and the small minority of PC-lovers are standing in line to drink this Guyana Kool-Aid. Of course, I fully expect to be viciously attacked by the PC-Police with their Ferguson-Missouri-Police tactics merely for expressing these views.
    Intentional click-bait at its finest.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

I apologize Sans Simian I did not mean it as click-bait, I was just comparing the two reviews. If you thought the one was odd, well I thought the other had it beat by a mile. Please forgive I will edit out the link.
    Endeavor to persevere.

Quote Originally Posted by Vak View Post
    I apologize Sans Simian I did not mean it as click-bait, I was just comparing the two reviews. If you thought the one was odd, well I thought the other had it beat by a mile. Please forgive I will edit out the link.
    No, you didn't do anything wrong. I'm leaving the link up in my quote because people need to see junk like that.

Plus, this thread would get boring if it was just a bunch of us saying how great the issue was.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

Lol their hate & bigotry is so strong it's almost funny

that came across as straight up prejudice. If people of color are anywhere in sight everyone loses their minds. Even when it's a more than likely temporary alternate reality four issue mini series.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Lol their hate & bigotry is so strong it's almost funny
    But not quite. It remains as disgusting.

Still waiting for Cranston as Luthor, too. I wonder what Jesse Eisenberg will think when he's replaced at the eleventh hour.
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Majestic View Post
    FIVE stars?

I mean it was pretty good and the art was nice but five stars? Someone here said they would give it a 9.5 outta 10. Wow. Really? You're saying it's the equal or better than Moore's run on Swamp Thing or his Watchmen, Gaiman's run on Sandman, Miller's run on Daredevil, Waid's original run on Flash, Simonson's run on Thor?

The art was good, but as good as Bolland? Arthur Adams' Longshot? Darrow? Kaluta? Vess?

I mean it was fine but this amount of hyperbole makes me like it less, like a lot less.
    I have this reaction constantly when reading reviews. A 5-point scale just doesn't leave room to distinguish the masterworks from the merely superior.

When I am Doom God, all reviews will be on a 10-point scale, with 10s being reserved for the sort of timeless classic that only comes along every year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Thats an interesting idea.

And yeah this is an alt Thanos. The real one is with the Cabal.
    I found you couldn't follow continuity through the characters in Battleworld, but you could follow it through the Thors, but that was limiting too. You couldn't assume because Thanos was with the Cabal it's the same Thanos in IG. There are just too many duplicates running around this planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    The fact this tie-in doesn't focus on some quirky alternate world with its 'similar but not quite' take on the usual heroes and villains, but instead focuses on just normal people, really just makes it stand-out so much. It's so far one of the few, if only, tie-in that can stand on its own without needing to be under the Secret Wars banner. That just means it's set-up and characters are already that strong.
    I like how the Secret Wars tie-ins are similar to stories set before the Silver Age, with no powered beings in IG, and set in the Jungles of Borneo in Where Monsters Dwell. I wonder it that's the reading order we are supposed to approach it like? Start with non-powered stories and work your way up to the real heavy hitters again. That would put SW Journals with non-powered people, then Master of Kung Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I like how the Secret Wars tie-ins are similar to stories set before the Silver Age, with no powered beings in IG, and set in the Jungles of Borneo in Where Monsters Dwell. I wonder it that's the reading order we are supposed to approach it like? Start with non-powered stories and work your way up to the real heavy hitters again. That would put SW Journals with non-powered people, then Master of Kung Fu.
    There is no order with the tie ins. Other than certain events that may trickle out of the main SW book which is why some books are being pushed back to align with whats happening in SW #4-5. But if one only reads the main mini they will miss nothing important whatsoever.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

I absolutely, positively, loved, everything about this issue.
    #MagnetoWasRight