Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I'm tired of her in Bendis' books since he writes her out to be very annoying (Even though he ironically created her), but everywhere else and especially when she is Cobie Smulders , I love her!

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    Unfortunately, yes. Maria just never really took off and filled Fury's shoes. She's always felt like she was overwhelmed in the job and Bendis has turned that up to 11 for his X-Men stuff. She's borderline incompetent. The only book where I truly enjoyed her was Invincible Iron Man. And now Nick is gone, so unless Coulson steps up, we'll be keeping her for a while yet (never made sense to me that everyone else could be forgiven for so much crap, but Nick can't get his old job back. they freaking gave Norman Osborn control of SHIELD, was Nick really that bad?).
    HM he started a war with a country without asking his own government. I don't remember the details any more but there was some deads included, and memory whipping of the heroes. He got fired and wanted after this. This was I believe the first time they used Secret War(s?) as name since the Beyonder Saga...... which is hyper-confusing, using the name again and again for different events/arcs which have nothing to do with each other.

Anyway that he get his old job back is not very likely

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by borismortys View Post
    That's probably why she's sending the O5 into a pointless mission. Without them there's nobody else inside the NXS except for Cyclops, now Maria Hill can have Cyke all to herself.
    Of course.

I mean, Havok is there but I'm sure he can take a hint.

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    Tired of her, nah not really. You would have to get me to see the point Bendis was trying to make for me to care.
    Safe to say you don't care for his run?

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Hill for Congress! Hill for President! Hill for God!

I joke, but even so, I've never seen why Hill supposed to be any worse than anyone else who has ever run SHIELD and she's pretty fun, as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    I mean, Havok is there but I'm sure he can take a hint.
    Part of what makes Havok so great it that he can never take a hint.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post

I joke, but even so, I've never seen why Hill supposed to be any worse than anyone else who has ever run SHIELD
    She may not be worse but she's certainly not better. If someone else were in charge and they were written like Hill they'd be getting hate to.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    She may not be worse but she's certainly not better. If someone else were in charge and they were written like Hill they'd be getting hate to.
    People tend to forgive whatever Nick Fury does, because Nick "knows best." He's like Gandalf that way.

If Gandalf illegally imprisoned nonhumans into indentured servitude or faked his death more often. And, just straight up punched guys in the mouth for disagreeing with him.

But... I wouldn't want Fury any other way, and I don't want Hill any other way either, really. I like that they're reactionary and dirty and very very in charge.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

I joke, but even so, I've never seen why Hill supposed to be any worse than anyone else who has ever run SHIELD and she's pretty fun, as a character.

He'll understand when clothes start coming off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Safe to say you don't care for his run?
    I gave it a shot and it wasn't for me. For me his run is the third worse X-men run behind Fraction's crapfest. Bendis spent his entire run when he was not writing Yana or Eric crippling the dream and depicting mutants as self destructive narcissistic ego maniac fakers. There was no depth, no grasp of nuance, no awareness for minority struggle that wasn't ham fisted. He was the white guy at the movement trying to coopt it and doing it badly. Bendis speak is almost always bad dialog. His plots are irrelevant and he is leaving the X-men accomplishing very little.

People tend to forgive whatever Nick Fury does, because Nick "knows best." He's like Gandalf that way.

If Gandalf illegally imprisoned nonhumans into indentured servitude or faked his death more often. And, just straight up punched guys in the mouth for disagreeing with him.

But... I wouldn't want Fury any other way, and I don't want Hill any other way either, really. I like that they're reactionary and dirty and very very in charge.
    I'm pretty sure Fury has gotten heat for that stuff to.

Yeah, her rants in BotA were pretty funny.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Been tired of her since Civil War #1.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier