Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    You have no idea how much I want that, but I just don't see it happening. I hated how they tried it, and just quietly did away with the idea. Personally hand-picked by Nick Fury. Has the respect of Steve Rogers. Has a personality that actually feels appropriate for that kind of job. And just a total badass.
    Well, given that her MCU version is getting popular..............................

BANNED

I feel that Hill overall lost her place in the Marvel Universe after Fear Itself. She never found a new place, she just wen't back to being SHIELD director (after the very short tenor of Quake) despite the fact that she herself admitted that she was ultimately the wrong person for the job. She had a good character arch with her learning to trust heroes and not be so against them, but they didn't do anything with her after Fear Itself.

I hate her more every time I see her. The living embodiment of the peter principle.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I like her and MCU Cap. Their movie versions are SO much better than their comic versions.
    That's because MCU Hill is allowed to be competent.

I think she's a fine character, I'm just tired of SHIELD being involved in so many of Bendis' stories.

Amazing Member

I actually kind of like the comedic fed-up element she brings. Though it would be better if she was more competent.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Love her. Keep it coming.

Here we have a strong female character not reduced to corny feats of strength or faux-goddess platitudes that ring as hollow as their haircolor.

Im not a fan of how frequent she pops up. When shes on page I don't hate her or anything, but id prefer she wasn't some plot igniter in what seems like half of Bendis' arcs.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

I dunno. I'm totally down for on-panel reminders of how much of a joke SHIELD is, but Hill's recent streak is amusingly/disturbingly hardcore. If that whole "I've known where Summers was all along bit" is indeed true, she spent the last few months of continuity casually wasting SHIELD time and resources for... reasons.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, given that her MCU version is getting popular..............................
    Don't even joke. As much as I like Skye and what they're doing with her, she is so vastly different from the real Daisy. I'd hate for her to be Director, only to get turned into cute nerd girl. I want Daisy to become Director and have people quake in response. (huehuehueh)

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Love her. Keep it coming.

Here we have a strong female character not reduced to corny feats of strength or faux-goddess platitudes that ring as hollow as their haircolor.
    No instead she's an obstructive presence and cheap conflict generator who's only role is to be a plot device that causes problems others have to fix. And feminism marches on!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by All-New Valar Stercus NOW.1 View Post
    I hate her more every time I see her. The living embodiment of the peter principle.
    Actually is something more along the lines of the dilbert principle

Maria Hill is the comic book embodiment of Bendis talk. I'm not a fan of Bendis talk.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Seems like we can't get through one issue of the X-men without Maria Hill showing up. I don't dislike her, mind you, I'm just sick of her and SHIELD being in the X-books. I'm not the only one, right?
    Marvel had been pushing SHIELD way to heavy in the X titles since the Disney buyout.

Fantastic Member

She was alright at first but now she is nothing but merely a plot device.

Oh we need a SHIELD agent to deal with this or that or X-men, send Hill to do whatever the plot needs.