Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

As counter to awayne83, my collection of original art pages is mostly panel pages. To me, these represent the art-form better, because they're story-telling pages. To me, splash pages are [just] drawings, well-executed, stirring drawings, sure, but "comics" to me means visual narrative blended with verbal. I most often choose pages that illustrate the artist's layout design, that feature the lead character, that have a long shot, preferably outdoors, and a close-up of an expressive face. I try to pick pages that someone who knows nothing about comics can read as a stray page and get a good sense of what's going on.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Mighty Member

^I may not have been clear in my post, but i actually agree with you. Hence "i need to get more panel pages". The covers/splahes do look better framed on my wall however
    Last edited by awayne83; 12-14-2017 at 01:33 PM.

I have no original art (original comic art)...just commission stuff (which is a lot of fun to get done as well). Would like to get a few pages at some point.
    Last edited by bobellis75; 12-14-2017 at 10:34 AM.

Mighty Member

These were my last art purchases for the foreseeable future. I put my collected edition buying on hold for budgeting purposes. Sucks to have more than one expensive hobby lol. I've accumulated a large backlog, so plenty of stuff to keep me occupied in the meantime.

https://imgur.com/a/8iaHk

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    These were my last art purchases for the foreseeable future. I put my collected edition buying on hold for budgeting purposes. Sucks to have more than one expensive hobby lol. I've accumulated a large backlog, so plenty of stuff to keep me occupied in the meantime.

https://imgur.com/a/8iaHk
    Those are all great...but that Batman, though....

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    Those are all great...but that Batman, though....
    Thanks! I had my eye on that Batman piece for almost a year. It was a little out if my price range, but i knew the dealer had a holiday sale every year. Crossed my fingers and said if it was still around I'd have to get it lol. Was waiting on another piece as well but alas, it was not to be.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

oh yeah, "that Batman art". Glad y'got it. Really cool when something like that happens.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Alan Crouse

Quote Originally Posted by codystarbuck View Post
    I don't have much, thanks to access and economics. My prized possession is the artwork for a fanzine piece by Don Newton, of the Black Terror. I can't fit it into my scanner, but, here's the image:

Aside from some sketches, the only other original artwork I owns is two pages from Teri S. Wood's Wandering Star.
    Love the Black Terror piece. When you're ready to let it go . . .

Incredible Member

Picked up a couple pages at a local Con this weekend. The Peter Bagge is from Neat Stuff #6. The Moon Knight\Kang is by Ibrahim Moustafa from the Acts of Evil Moon Knight Annual #1.78684EC9-A8CA-4FD8-9316-C5891FAC826A.jpgA27719CB-F1FF-43D7-A866-392360B26843.jpg
    Last edited by Brewman; 10-28-2019 at 04:35 PM.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?