Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Amazing Member

It's like an iconic shot of your favorite hero or villain in an action pose. Thanks for the compliment. I think after getting the Hulk splash, I'm done for the year. The Superboy cover was a bit costly, but it's Neal Adams and so very worth the price. Each of the pieces I've gotten lately have ties to my childhood - except for the Steve Lightle Spirits of Venom pinup. On that one, I'm just a big fan of Lightle's art.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixmaster View Post
    It's like an iconic shot of your favorite hero or villain in an action pose. Thanks for the compliment. I think after getting the Hulk splash, I'm done for the year. The Superboy cover was a bit costly, but it's Neal Adams and so very worth the price. Each of the pieces I've gotten lately have ties to my childhood - except for the Steve Lightle Spirits of Venom pinup. On that one, I'm just a big fan of Lightle's art.
    Are you done for the year cause too much money or cause the years almost over? XD
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Amazing Member

I'm done for awhile, actually, because now I can breathe a sigh of relief that I don't have to raise any more cash for art that I feel like I have to get. It's like reaching the end of a race and you need some rest after crossing the finish line. I had asked for six months to pay off the Hulk splash and I did it in less than four, but that meant some long days and nights of selling art and comics to make the payments (my last payment was actually three payments in one). It was a struggle, and I'm just needing a break to get re-energized for whatever art might come up next. There's only two pieces of art that I'm gunning for now and, so far, those two have been locked away in private collections (despite the fact that I've offered the owner of one of the pieces about five times the value of the art to try to get him to sell it to me) and the owners aren't budging. So, I'll go back and build up my war chest and try again sometime in the future.

Amazing Member

And I'm sure there will be little pieces that I buy here and there. It seems like a really good page or cover comes up for sale about once a month, so I'm sure I'll end up buying art every now and again, but, for awhile, I hope none of it fits into my "grail" category -- you know, the art you feel like you NEED to get.
    Last edited by Mixmaster; 11-22-2014 at 07:00 AM.

Wow I had to scroll a while to find this thread, thought I was imagining things! Posted this in the newer original art thread but here's my first OA cover. 0805151040.jpg
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

Hi, I just spotted this current auction through CAF. Woah: Check out this #1 Swamp Thing by Bernie Wrightson, current bid is $110K.
    Jaw on the floor

http://comics.ha.com/itm/original-co...umbnail-071515
    11 hours 35 mins to go. Wonder how high the price will get?
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

I don't have much, thanks to access and economics. My prized possession is the artwork for a fanzine piece by Don Newton, of the Black Terror. I can't fit it into my scanner, but, here's the image:

Aside from some sketches, the only other original artwork I owns is two pages from Teri S. Wood's Wandering Star.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

whoa--two Wandering Star pages is plenty to be proud of!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Mighty Member

Got some comic art back from the framers a while back. I know we don't get a lot of this on this forum, but here ya go

https://imgur.com/a/zEWfT

And i was gonna post these Segovia pages i got last month in honor of the AC deluxe release, but forgot lol

https://imgur.com/a/o0FSD

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Got some comic art back from the framers a while back. I know we don't get a lot of this on this forum, but here ya go

And i was gonna post these Segovia pages i got last month in honor of the AC deluxe release, but forgot lol

these are pretty boss, especially the Kylo. Not sure if I would like Segovia coloured and inked but these pencils are quite awesome.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    these are pretty boss, especially the Kylo. Not sure if I would like Segovia coloured and inked but these pencils are quite awesome.
    Thanks. Yeah his pencils looked much better than the final product unfortunately. He does some awesome work.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post

Nice art & looks like a great framing job!

Quote Originally Posted by codystarbuck View Post
    I don't have much, thanks to access and economics. My prized possession is the artwork for a fanzine piece by Don Newton, of the Black Terror. I can't fit it into my scanner, but, here's the image:

Aside from some sketches, the only other original artwork I owns is two pages from Teri S. Wood's Wandering Star.
    Gotta love the Black Terror! Classic! :-)

Mighty Member

^Thanks. I've got some new stuff to post, but I'm waiting on a piece to get here. Although I probably won't get around to framing for a while cause of all the omnis coming out right now

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Pages from Wandering Star are pages to prize! I don't have those, but I do have two sketches, and a print with my family worked into the dialogue!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet