Page 181 of 231 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 3451

Rosenberg said his tentative plans for Wind Dancer were not in the recently-wrapped New Mutants. So she may appear still yet...

I think we knew that Josh has been on a dark path for a long while now. His resurrection in the Uncanny X-men Annual had him torturing a Dark Rider by killing and resurrecting him over and over again. And he's been hanging out with Exodus and Magneto a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    LOL what? Those designs aren't that good.

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-45331730

Maybe not, but they have a point. Comic artists can't really seem to wrap their heads around the point of her abaya and tend to emphasize her curves when they draw her.

Remember this cover?

I like Michael Ryan but that was ridiculous

BANNED

I LOVEEEEE these designs Marvel step your fucking game up and quit hiring white men to draw people of color with NO background knowledge of that person’s culture ****!!! Just because she’s Muslim doesn’t mean she can’t dress in style and how the **** is Dust from Afghanistan but speaks Arabic THEY DON’T EVEN SPEAK ARABIC there, they mostly speak Dari or Pashto. Next time just CULTURE yourselves ughhh it’s 2018 and the lack of diversity I’ve seen from this company’s creators and artists is just APALLING!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Rosenberg said his tentative plans for Wind Dancer were not in the recently-wrapped New Mutants. So she may appear still yet...
    Where and when did he say this? I’ve been tweeting him about Wind Dancer so much.

Isn’t Wind Dancer still depowered or has she appeared again since her run with the New Warriors
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by angrt1 View Post

I LOVEEEEE these designs Marvel step your fucking game up and quit hiring white men to draw people of color with NO background knowledge of that person’s culture ****!!! Just because she’s Muslim doesn’t mean she can’t dress in style and how the **** is Dust from Afghanistan but speaks Arabic THEY DON’T EVEN SPEAK ARABIC there, they mostly speak Dari or Pashto. Next time just CULTURE yourselves ughhh it’s 2018 and the lack of diversity I’ve seen from this company’s creators and artists is just APALLING!!!
    tumblr_n45mthmHpi1re8ijgo1_640.jpg

I second that! The firs two of the four are AMAZING! I would love to see Dust in something like that! I never understood why her abaya and niqab became so form fitting, and why other artists could never figure out a new way to interpret a team uniform for her. In her original introduction it was much looser.

I also like Kris Anka's design as well. It has a bit of an 'Arabian Night Princess' type thing going on. I like that it has a more form fitting under layer, similar to what Muslim Olympians wear for competing. So it's functional, but still has the looser fitting garbs + a head dress. I also like that it's not all black.

Either way, Dust needs an updating.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

I like those designs for her civvies and Anka’s for when she’s out doing X-Men stuff. Dust is very practical, I don’t see her wearing heels when she’s out on missions.

The Dust redesigns on this page are so hype and I'd love to see them implemented into an actual story for her, beyond just an aesthetic shift. Not saying she needs to change massively to justify it or anything, but I'd like to see it recognised that she's changed (updated?) her style.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    The Dust redesigns on this page are so hype and I'd love to see them implemented into an actual story for her, beyond just an aesthetic shift. Not saying she needs to change massively to justify it or anything, but I'd like to see it recognised that she's changed (updated?) her style.
    Yes. This would show that she's starting to acclimate more to American culture, but still keeping to her roots. She's being influenced by American fashion, not so much in the 'exposing more' but in the 'self expression'. She can start wearing colors besides a colored waistband. Bright colors layered on top or beneath darker or neutral colors for contrast and depth.

This would honestly probably have more writers want to play with her, if they didn't feel like she was a walking stereotype. If her design is a good mix of traditional and young and fun, maybe then writers would think: "Oh she's a traditionalist but she could still be fun to write, not just a stick in the mud"

I need a Sooraya with these types of styles in my books asap!

Ultimate Member

I'd be fine with a retcon/fanwank that she spoke Arabic *and* Pashto, just like an American can speak English and Spanish or whatever.

But yeah, I vaguely recall once seeing a text box saying that her words were translated from 'Afghani' and laughed.

Spectacular Member RoamingGnome8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    Yes. This would show that she's starting to acclimate more to American culture, but still keeping to her roots. She's being influenced by American fashion, not so much in the 'exposing more' but in the 'self expression'. She can start wearing colors besides a colored waistband. Bright colors layered on top or beneath darker or neutral colors for contrast and depth.

This would honestly probably have more writers want to play with her, if they didn't feel like she was a walking stereotype. If her design is a good mix of traditional and young and fun, maybe then writers would think: "Oh she's a traditionalist but she could still be fun to write, not just a stick in the mud"

I need a Sooraya with these types of styles in my books asap!
    I actually like Sooraya being more down to earth and not really flashy; it's a good balance to characters like Mercury or Pixie.

Quote Originally Posted by RoamingGnome8 View Post
    I actually like Sooraya being more down to earth and not really flashy; it's a good balance to characters like Mercury or Pixie.
    I understand that, and I didn't mean I wanted her personality to change. I love her character and personality. What I'm saying is that her fashion and aethetic deserves some evolution. She doesn't need to be in hot pinks and baby blues.

I like the redesigns but I'm not a huge fan of all the yellow. I would prefer the yellow be changed to dark blue or something. Or even a dark red as an homage to red uniforms that the Hellions wore.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

https://twitter.com/kristaferanka/st...449048577?s=19

Anka, STOP teasing us with these designs if you aren't gonna do a New X-Men book.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    https://twitter.com/kristaferanka/st...449048577?s=19

Anka, STOP teasing us with these designs if you aren't gonna do a New X-Men book.
    That one's been around for a while so its not new
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.