Page 189 of 231 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 3451

I got a "page not found."

Thanks. Interesting thread.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    hot damnnnnnnnnnnn, also is he saying that Surge and Hellion are sales draws or am I totally misinterpreting the tweet?
    It sounds to me like he means they’ll get attention when someone wants to give it to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It sounds to me like he means they’ll get attention when someone wants to give it to them.
    that's such an odd thing to say when writers have exclusively said that those three are going to be in upcoming things. and that they have plans for them.

Wind dancer has been out for so long. If they bring her back into the fold they should make it be a big deal for all the people who were close to her.

Ultimate Member

hot damnnnnnnnnnnn, also is he saying that Surge and Hellion are sales draws or am I totally misinterpreting the tweet?
    I think he's just listing off a few characters other than Lorna that people are constantly annoying him by asking him about, like Hellion and Surge, and, apparently, Wind-Dancer.

But perhaps that's me being, A) cynical reading annoyance into his response, B) biased in that I *hope* that he's getting a lot of questions about those particular characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I think he's just listing off a few characters other than Lorna that people are constantly annoying him by asking him about, like Hellion and Surge, and, apparently, Wind-Dancer.

But perhaps that's me being, A) cynical reading annoyance into his response, B) biased in that I *hope* that he's getting a lot of questions about those particular characters.
    Between this and Brisson's comments, I think a lot of people are asking about Surge. And Hellion seems to be appearing in "enough" stuff that those constant questions are pretty warranted. Including Wind Dancer in that is weird because:

1) If he's gonna complain about a character he's always bothered with, why'd he choose someone that barely anyone comes to him with?

2) The only reason talk around her surfaced was because Rosenberg said he was writing her in something. If he's gonna complain, he's yelling in the wrong direction.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Wind dancer has been out for so long. If they bring her back into the fold they should make it be a big deal for all the people who were close to her.
    If we can get X-Statix and X-Force back, I don't see why we can't get Academy X or New X-Men again. Or at least see those characters in big roles.

I regret my years of complaining about Nick Lowe, Alonso, etc. etc. etc.

Between this and Brisson's comments, I think a lot of people are asking about Surge. And Hellion seems to be appearing in "enough" stuff that those constant questions are pretty warranted. Including Wind Dancer in that is weird because:

I think it more he and other writers are getting hit with obscure characters who have been in limbo for awhile question so they are getting the Wind Dancer, Sage, Maggot, Stacy X,etc stuff. I think that was him just recalling couple those for example sake

that's such an odd thing to say when writers have exclusively said that those three are going to be in upcoming things. and that they have plans for them.
    Yeah, that's why I read it as, "These characters were also sidelined for a while, but they're getting attention now because a writer cared enough to include them." Especially Wind Dancer! She's not one that gets asked about all that often.

https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...36740901425152

Surge (also um insert any other New X-Man here) warriors, you know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yeah, that's why I read it as, "These characters were also sidelined for a while, but they're getting attention now because a writer cared enough to include them." Especially Wind Dancer! She's not one that gets asked about all that often.
    I guess it's clear their role won't be as big as Glob, Pixie, Armor, and Rockslide. If those four are really gonna be the Horsemen of Apocalypse, then I'm sort of glad. But Thompson said that Surge will have some scenes, so I guess she'll be silent in the background and probably be in on of a two-page spread fight. Hellion, as well. But I wonder what they might do with Sofia IF she is appearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I think it more he and other writers are getting hit with obscure characters who have been in limbo for awhile question so they are getting the Wind Dancer, Sage, Maggot, Stacy X,etc stuff. I think that was him just recalling couple those for example sake
    It's still weird considering she was specifically said to be appearing somewhere soon. Could've said Stacy X, Darwin, Match, Morrigan, Slipstream, Lifeguard, Joseph, anyone. But they follow up Surge and Hellion with Wind Dancer. Just seems like too much of a coincidence.

I’m the WindDancer guy #sorrynotsorry

But I’m pretty sure Rosenberg mentioned a hint that he liked her so I am jumping on that.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I’m the WindDancer guy #sorrynotsorry

But I’m pretty sure Rosenberg mentioned a hint that he liked her so I am jumping on that.
    Thank you for your service.

The reaction is loud for 'obscure' characters because we are tired of the nostalgia wank! X-Men Gold had no new members on it. Armor and Ink for a bit I suppose. X-Men Blue was the Original 5 and they OVERSTAYED their welcome. We were hit with MULTIPLE copies of other characters. They took up spots that fan favorites could have had. For editors and writers to bitch and be so passive aggressive is honestly childish. What they should have done is taken note and said "This isn't working out the way we thought."

I tweeted to one of the editors that it was ridiculous that Northstar and Karma were constantly sidelined when we had 2 Storms, 4 Wolverine (Laura, OML, Gabby, Daken), 2 Jeans, 2 Icemen and 2 Beast running around.

X-Men Blue, teen superheroes could have been Surge, Hellion, Rockslide, Anole, Dust and Pixie instead.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion