Page 223 of 231 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 3451
    Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I think her and her Stand armour made up in one of the downtime issues.
    If so they never actually addressed it on paper.
    From what we saw of that story arc was that she gets angry at her armor for refusing to respond to anything she does, she bangs on it in anger, and it responds by exploding to pieces.
    They never actually addressed how she managed to regain control of it.

Personally, My head canon is that it has to do with Logan's death.
    In that story between her and Hellion, she mentions that when Logan died, she felt his death in the same way she did when other members of her family died.
    And its the first story following logan's death where she has control of her armor again.
    Maybe that experience kinda rebooted her connection to her power.

But that's just my theory.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

Laura just called this exact group "students" a few issues ago. So what is the difference? The regular students just so happen to be from the exploded mansion and this squad is more qualified because Armor happens to be in it?
    Rockslide and Hellion were among the student body back during this bamf plan, they just rebelled and fought alongside Idie anyways.
    I was talking more about how the whole point of the school was to keep students out of fights instead of sending them to fight threats (that's what the teachers as suppose to do).

In this case, the "students" are clearly training TO be involved in the fight (Kitty is even taking them on such a mission in issue 1).
    So its a different situation.
    Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 12-07-2018 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    If so they never actually addressed it on paper.
    From what we saw of that story arc was that she gets angry at her armor for refusing to respond to anything she does, she bangs on it in anger, and it responds by exploding to pieces.
    They never actually addressed how she managed to regain control of it.

Personally, My head canon is that it has to do with Logan's death.
    In that story between her and Hellion, she mentions that when Logan died, she felt his death in the same way she did when other members of her family died.
    And its the first story following logan's death where she has control of her armor again.
    Maybe that experience kinda rebooted her connection to her power.

But that's just my theory.
    They never outright said how she regained control of it, but like I said last page, they showed us how she picked up the pieces and started drilling them back together like it was a custom gunpla

It doesn't make sense for how a psychic manifestation of her memories should work, but it's what we got. Everyone since has ignored it, not that she's appeared enough since then to get much development.

I was talking more about how the whole point of the school was to keep students out of fights instead of sending them to fight threats (that's what the teachers as suppose to do).
    In this case, the "students" are clearly training TO be involved in the fight (Kitty is even taking them on such a mission in issue 1).
    So its a different situation.
    Wolverine took his class on fieldtrips to the Savage Land. That didn't stop him from locking them in the danger room every time an intruder showed up at the school.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    They never outright said how she regained control of it, but like I said last page, they showed us how she picked up the pieces and started drilling them back together like it was a custom gunpla

It doesn't make sense for how a psychic manifestation of her memories should work, but it's what we got. Everyone since has ignored it, not that she's appeared enough since then to get much development.

Wolverine took his class on fieldtrips to the Savage Land. That didn't stop him from locking them in the danger room every time an intruder showed up at the school.
    About her armor, I agree that it doesn't make a lot of sense - I really wish they'd address it.

As for logan taking the kids to the savage land, it was still part of his idea of "teaching" them.
    But he started the whole school because he wanted to keep the kids out of the X-men's battles where he saw Cyclops basically using them as soldiers.
    Of course, the fact that this is coming from Wolverine - the guy who had no less then 4 different kid sidekicks at that stage, kinda makes this hypocritical, but then, Logan was never the most consistent character.

The Irony is that using the kids as soldiers is basically what the X-men have been doing for a while now since he died - It's arguably part of the problem Armor is complaining about at the moment.
    They use them whenever they need an extra pair of hands or ten, but they still don't qualify as full team members.

Ultimate Member

About her armor, I agree that it doesn't make a lot of sense - I really wish they'd address it.
    Whedon's run on Astonishing hinted pretty strongly that Cassandra Nova had 'downloaded' herself into Armor (or into Armors 'armor?') and that also appears to have been dropped as a sub-plot.

New X-Men Appearances This Week

*X-Men: Red #11 - spoilers:
    This finale sees Gentle and Wolverine taking center stage of the fight, mostly the former. Gentle holds together a deteriorating nuclear reactor that's about to make a gaping hole where Genosha would be. Even gets commended by Captain Marvel and Thor, who says that Nezhno could even hold open Jörmungandr's jaws but should rest for now. Laura stabs Cassandra, distracting her so that Honey Badger can tag her with a nanite sentinel. The X-Men Color Titles are Dead, Long Live the Adjective X-Men Titles.
    end of spoilers

*Uncanny X-Men #6 - spoilers:
    oof. Glob drags Madrox back to the school. Armor, Pixie, Rockslide, and Legion do as all great X-men do and clean up the rubble to get to Cerebra. There's some weird tension between Madrox and Legion because of all the torture, and I feel like we're supposed to care about Jamie's experience and what he went through but all the emotion's lost on me. Anyways, Legion finds X-Man with Cerebra and reiterates the same question to the New X-men, to which Hisako says "hell yes we are."
    end of spoilers

*Mr. and Mrs. X #6 - Laura's there.

*I'll wait later to post scans.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    The X-Men Color Titles are Dead, Long Live the Adjective X-Men Titles.
    sic transit gloria mundis

BANNED

*Mr. and Mrs. X #6 - Laura's there.

*I'll wait later to post scans.
    I'll wait for the scans. I WAS going to pick the issue up, but then I read her dialogue in that one art preview and died a little inside. That was like Hopeless ratcheted up to 11.

It always blows my head for a loop when I realize that in UA Julian pretty much went to New Attlian to commit suicide. Like sure he was in a way trying to Martyr himself for them help the mutants agains the M-Pox. But still he fully expected to die...that's heavy.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD 924COLLECTIVE's Avatar

New X-Men Appearances This Week

*X-Men: Red #11 - spoilers:
    This finale sees Gentle and Wolverine taking center stage of the fight, mostly the former. Gentle holds together a deteriorating nuclear reactor that's about to make a gaping hole where Genosha would be. Even gets commended by Captain Marvel and Thor, who says that Nezhno could even hold open Jörmungandr's jaws but should rest for now. Laura stabs Cassandra, distracting her so that Honey Badger can tag her with a nanite sentinel. The X-Men Color Titles are Dead, Long Live the Adjective X-Men Titles.
    end of spoilers
    X-Men: Red is ending and all we are left with is this garbage UXM reboot. WHY???
    924COLLECTIVE IS GETTING THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD BACK TOGETHER: ANOLE, DUST, ELIXIR, GENTLE, HELLION, PIXIE, PRODIGY, SURGE, THE STEPFORD CUCKOOS , & X-23.

I really wish Chris Bachalo was doing the art on this whole Nextgen crossover and not just the cover.
    924COLLECTIVE IS GETTING THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD BACK TOGETHER: ANOLE, DUST, ELIXIR, GENTLE, HELLION, PIXIE, PRODIGY, SURGE, THE STEPFORD CUCKOOS , & X-23.

Quote Originally Posted by 924COLLECTIVE View Post

I really wish Chris Bachalo was doing the art on this whole Nextgen crossover and not just the cover.
    Wait the white haired one on the left...is that Eva?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 924COLLECTIVE View Post
    I REALLY wish CBR's forums would resize linked images, with a "click to view full size" thing like some other forums do.

sic transit gloria mundis
    Monday, New X-Men blew up on a bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'll wait for the scans. I WAS going to pick the issue up, but then I read her dialogue in that one art preview and died a little inside. That was like Hopeless ratcheted up to 11.
    OH MY GOD. I'm sorry, I let the scans slip from my mind, I'll still post them if it even helps anymore:

Just found the full run of New X-Men in digital format over on Read Comic Online. Wow *****s out the link. read comic online .to
    Last edited by 924COLLECTIVE; 12-15-2018 at 03:24 PM.

With the team for Rosenberg's Uncanny most likely being revealed tomorrow, do you guys think there will be any New X-Men rep?