Page 190 of 231 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 3451

You said it Hero. Side line the dupes. Use the underused characters!

I for one would love to see the return of Wind Dancer. She's been gone far too long. That said, I'd want her back as Wind Dancer and not that Renascence bullshit.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    I for one would love to see the return of Wind Dancer. She's been gone far too long. That said, I'd want her back as Wind Dancer and not that Renascence bullshit.
    Oh yeah. She's my number one depowered mutant I'd want re-powered. I can live with Dani functioning as a badass without mutant powers, but Sofia needs to dance on wind.

Heck, I like some of the newer X-ladies like Wind-Dancer, Dust, Loa, Cecelia Reyes (hardly a 'new x-man,' but still newer than the classics), Armor, etc. better than Jean, Storm, Rogue and Psylocke, who are far more 'classic' X-peeps.

I feel like the younger class has a lot more stories waiting to be told than 'who is X going to Y with this week' or 'omega chick loses control 'cause women can't have cool powers, and has to be put down like a dog (or stripped of her powers), again.' Then again, some of the 'older generation', like Emma, still rock my world, so perhaps I'm just rationalizing wanting to see more of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    hmm, interesting we shall see what the future holds. Hopefully its not just them uttering a couple of lines to main characters while helping civilians in the background.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    The reaction is loud for 'obscure' characters because we are tired of the nostalgia wank! X-Men Gold had no new members on it. Armor and Ink for a bit I suppose. X-Men Blue was the Original 5 and they OVERSTAYED their welcome. We were hit with MULTIPLE copies of other characters. They took up spots that fan favorites could have had. For editors and writers to bitch and be so passive aggressive is honestly childish. What they should have done is taken note and said: "This isn't working out the way we thought."

I tweeted to one of the editors that it was ridiculous that Northstar and Karma were constantly sidelined when we had 2 Storms, 4 Wolverine (Laura, OML, Gabby, Daken), 2 Jeans, 2 Icemen and 2 Beast running around.

X-Men Blue, teen superheroes could have been Surge, Hellion, Rockslide, Anole, Dust, and Pixie instead.
    I'm sure everybody appreciates nostalgia, after all, there have been so many great classic X-Men moments over the years, but it's frustrating when that stands in the way of fresh modern content. Guggenheim pretty much said that X-Men Gold was a homage to Claremont in his closing letter (X-MEN GOLD #36) so I guess that makes sense. It did feel really tired though, and the new elements that he did bother to bring in weren't exceptionally strong either. Having now read the entire run, I enjoyed maybe 3-4 issues? I just didn't get why the classic costumes and the vanilla line-up that we've had variations of for years. X-Men Blue was bothersome too in that Bunn got stuck with the O5 (after Bendis and Hopeless) with five white kids who we've seen grow up and be exceptional characters already. Sure, a couple of them grew as people, but honestly, I don't think they were necessary and they've stuck around beyond their welcome. I can't speak for everybody else, but I would have been much more passionate about these books if the felt like something new, rather than a retelling of old stories.

I agree. It's ridiculous we had characters, or variations of them, on multiple titles and yet there were dozens of great X-Men sidelined. It's ridiculous.

I really really wish X-Men Blue had just been Bunn's passion project with characters of his choosing, following up on plot threads from his Uncanny run. I remember there being a lot of excitement here on the forums when the temporary Blue team including Polaris, Xorn, Daken and Gazing Nightshade was formed. I'd have loved it if a bunch of young X-Men disillusioned with the X-Men as they were/are, and then opted to side with Magneto.

If someone isn't constantly following Shark Girl around screaming the lyrics to "Baby Shark" at her then these millennials are doing it wrong.

Soooooooooooo, gonna be real quick cause I gotta get somewhere:

X-Men Red #8, Rockslide shows up but gets.......hit with a table and knocked out by Rachel????? If Taylor hadn't made it clear he didn't read New X-Men with Nezhno and Laura not knowing each other, he made it clear this issue. Nezhno did........something I guess. Honestly, if you are a Storm/Trinary/Jean fan, this issue was for you. Anyone else, not so much.

Extermination #3, Brisson continues to give us little pieces of the New X-Men in fight spreads. Julian is nowhere to be seen (not a story thing, the artist probably forgot to include him) but the totally underused Rockslide & Armor get to be there. Oh, and Hisako even asks a question.

Domino Annual #1, Leah Williams gives us the content we need with Bling! joining the Rejex. Basically, a collection of mutants who are....rejects. Read it.

In defense of the Nezhno and Laura thing, I think you could argue that she just didn't know how much potential he has. She knew he was strong, but not how strong.
    Plus they were only on the same team for like 5 seconds before the book was canceled and they never went on a mission together.

Ultimate Member

Domino Annual #1, Leah Williams gives us the content we need with Bling! joining the Rejex. Basically, a collection of mutants who are....rejects. Read it.
    I've been pretty darn impressed with Domino (never cared for the character under Liefield), and am even more stoked to see Bling!, one of my favorites New X-teens, making an appearance.

Soooooooooooo, gonna be real quick cause I gotta get somewhere:

X-Men Red #8, Rockslide shows up but gets.......hit with a table and knocked out by Rachel????? If Taylor hadn't made it clear he didn't read New X-Men with Nezhno and Laura not knowing each other, he made it clear this issue. Nezhno did........something I guess. Honestly, if you are a Storm/Trinary/Jean fan, this issue was for you. Anyone else, not so much.

Extermination #3, Brisson continues to give us little pieces of the New X-Men in fight spreads. Julian is nowhere to be seen (not a story thing, the artist probably forgot to include him) but the totally underused Rockslide & Armor get to be there. Oh, and Hisako even asks a question.

You totally ignored Glob in Extermination

Rockslide looked like the Thing form again. Artist is awesome but I wish she had drawn his current form.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    In defense of the Nezhno and Laura thing, I think you could argue that she just didn't know how much potential he has. She knew he was strong, but not how strong.
    Plus they were only on the same team for like 5 seconds before the book was canceled and they never went on a mission together.
    Considering there the two who mostly kept to them self's. Them not know the full extent of each other's ability isn't that surprising

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Yeah, you could read it that way. It was just that instead of using the out people gave him, Taylor just admitted to not knowing. They weren't on the same team, but they had to have known each other since they were in the same school for a good couple of months. Then, they lived with each other on Utopia up until post-Second Coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I've been pretty darn impressed with Domino (never cared for the character under Liefield), and am even more stoked to see Bling!, one of my favorites New X-teens, making an appearance.
    And she tells Toad off.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Rockslide looked like the Thing form again. Artist is awesome but I wish she had drawn his current form.
    It's even odder because Santo hasn't looked like that since circa 2006. We also get turkey coat Rachel again.

EDIT: Actually, looking closer, it looks like Carmen drew Korg instead of Santo

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You totally ignored Glob in Extermination
    For good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Pere Perez's designs for Glob, Pixie, & Rockslide https://tmblr.co/Z37XZf2cEkhLA

Why does Glob look like a Decepticon?

Santo's alright. Megan looks hideous. There's literally no "Pixie" related element to this look. Pixies and fairies can be dark, sinister without being transformed into demons. Just look at legends of the Leannán Sídhe or Alp-Luachra, yes, Irish examples but basic designs that could be translated for Wales as a Celtic nation.