Page 204 of 231 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 3451

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    It's laughable that Armor, Pixie, Rockslide & Anole even need training. They've been among the X-Men for years, and they really should be fully fledged X-Men by now.

Annoying that Oya & Glob get the spotlight in one of the biggest X-Men events in years, but it was to be expected. I just hope that some of the other New X-Men at least show up in later issues.
    When is bad to NOT train? I mean, is it ever really condemnable to encourage gaining more experience in the field with a veteran? I'm just sayin

I think what KT is trying to say is that A,P,R & A are beyond the stage where Kitty or another "senior X-Men" would take them on a surprise training drill. Experience is always great but it feels more like Kitty dragged them along for a lesson as opposed to 'I need a team to deal with a threat"

The real question is where are Hellion and Surge?

Now personally I just head canon Julian's off volunteering at the Hospital or he's pretty much on perma "defend the school" status.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

It's laughable that Armor, Pixie, Rockslide & Anole even need training. They've been among the X-Men for years, and they really should be fully fledged X-Men by now.

Annoying that Oya & Glob get the spotlight in one of the biggest X-Men events in years, but it was to be expected. I just hope that some of the other New X-Men at least show up in later issues.
    At least Oya deserves the spotlight. She's grown so much and defended the X-Men countless times. What has Glob done for the X-Men to be in such a big position? All he's done is betray the X-Men, screw the X-Men over, fight the X-Men, rinse, repeat. And I agree, those four are the ones that probably need training the least. They were actual X-Men for years. Well, I know Surge, Prodigy, Dust, and Hellion aren't on the members page, but I hope they at least cameo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    KT and Rosenberg have said it's going to be a plot point. Although that doesn't change the fact it never should have NEEDED to be one in the first place.
    Yeah well, obviously Kitty goes MIA somehow, assumably on this mission, and the MLF battle it out with the trainee team for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    When is bad to NOT train? I mean, is it ever really condemnable to encourage gaining more experience in the field with a veteran? I'm just sayin
    I get that. It's always important to learn something, and the X-Mens responsibility is to protect and serve, but the thing that irks me is that it's just another situation where some of the New X-Men are treated like rookies. I mean, the others I can maybe understand, but Armor and Pixie have been on THE X-Men. I suppose moving forward with those characters has to start somewhere though. The best I can hope for right now is better roles for them beyond this story.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I think what KT is trying to say is that A, P, R & A are beyond the stage where Kitty or another "senior X-Men" would take them on a surprise training drill. Experience is always great but it feels more like Kitty dragged them along for a lesson as opposed to 'I need a team to deal with a threat"
    ^^This. They shouldn't need training at this point. It'd be a different story if she'd taken Shark-Girl, Sprite, Transonic, Hindsight, Nature Girl and Triage with her to skill them up.

To be fair, Kitty's Gold team disbanded so her go-to X-Men aren't readily available

The real question is where are Hellion and Surge?

Now personally I just headcanon Julian's off volunteering at the Hospital or he's pretty much on perma "defend the school" status.
    Dust and Mercury too. Probably just in class...

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

It's good to see a few of them get some focus, I don't mind the NXM era students still being considered somewhat junior X-Men. But the window of junior X-Men is incredibly wide at this point. I think the original New Mutants, and Generation X are lucky to not be sitting at the kid's table.

I'd say I predict doom for the kids, but the writers seem to have picked favorites out of the bunch so that might be good. As someone whose met Ed Brisson on multiple occasions I can safely say that Glob is going to be fine. Hopefully the others will be as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    At least Oya deserves the spotlight. She's grown so much and defended the X-Men countless times. What has Glob done for the X-Men to be in such a big position? All he's done is betray the X-Men, screw the X-Men over, fight the X-Men, rinse, repeat. And I agree, those four are the ones that probably need training the least. They were actual X-Men for years. Well, I know Surge, Prodigy, Dust, and Hellion aren't on the members' page, but I hope they at least cameo.
    I'm not so sure. Some have said Oya one of the better characters to come out of the more recent waves of X-Men, which I guess is true, but I've always felt that she robbed the New X-Men of exposure and panel time. She doesn't offer much to me as a reader either, as in my opinion she's unrelatable and lacks originality.
    Glob is an idiot, but I get that he's there because Brisson loves him. I wish he could be relegated to the occasional cameo, rather than showing up in almost every X-Book- I mean, some of our fav X-Men go missing for months or even years.

Yeah hopefully Hellion, Dust, Mercury & Surge show up at least. I can't quite figure out what Prodigy is up to- is he still working for Karma??

BANNED

Something I just thought about while discussing Uncanny and the New X-Men situation on Twitter.

If Laura and the New X-Men ever do reunite, their REALLY ought to be some resentment from the others because she got privileged treatment that they didn't in the aftermath of Second Coming. She was basically allowed by Logan to go off and do her own thing, while they were forced to return to the student body when the Schism began. Up until that point, while Laura certainly had superior combat skills because of her training by the Facility, Schism was the point where their experiences actually began to diverge: Laura went on to have her Walkabout after Second Coming, attend Avengers Academy, (by her choice) get dragged into Murderworld, and have her adventures with the O5 and her solo activities as Wolverine. The rest were relegated back to trainee status because Wolverine arbitrarily decided that kids shouldn't fight.

There's very much an in-universe double standard that needs to be addressed.

https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/stat...55242986090496

I just don't get what they mean by stuff like this. Does this mean that the students are gonna get meta and call out the adults for sheltering them so much? Or we get a reason why they are treated as freshmen over and over again?? I just don't get this sort of plot focus if they aren't immediately joining the main X-Men teams as they had been before. And because Pixie not being stable enough to teleport after bumping her head is almost as embarrassing as Jeen getting knocked out with a pebble in IvX.

I'm not so sure. Some have said Oya one of the better characters to come out of the more recent waves of X-Men, which I guess is true, but I've always felt that she robbed the New X-Men of exposure and panel time. She doesn't offer much to me as a reader either, as in my opinion she's unrelatable and lacks originality.
    Glob is an idiot, but I get that he's there because Brisson loves him. I wish he could be relegated to the occasional cameo, rather than showing up in almost every X-Book- I mean, some of our fav X-Men go missing for months or even years.

Yeah hopefully Hellion, Dust, Mercury & Surge show up at least. I can't quite figure out what Prodigy is up to- is he still working for Karma??
    David was working with Shan, being complicit in whatever crazy-ass plan she had with the T-O infected New Mutants. We don't know what happened to him after DS #6, but it's safe to assume he probably got to safety. I'm hoping he appears in some capacity. And we know Hellion and Surge will show up for however long, but we actually haven't even gotten confirmation if Mercury and Dust appear in Disassembled.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    David was working with Shan, being complicit in whatever crazy-ass plan she had with the T-O infected New Mutants. We don't know what happened to him after DS #6, but it's safe to assume he probably got to safety. I'm hoping he appears in some capacity. And we know Hellion and Surge will show up for however long, but we actually haven't even gotten confirmation if Mercury and Dust appear in Disassembled.
    Yeah, I remember that much. I couldn't quite remember where David was at the conclusion of the mini and I didn't have the time to reread. Hmm. I'm surprised he didn't get infected too. Maybe there are other plans in place for him that require him to not be burdened by the T-O virus.

An ideal outcome would be actual dialogue (even better if it's with Laura). Rosenberg, Thompson and Brisson seem to have a little more interest and respect for the beloved New X-Men than some other writers, so I hope they get some Uncanny moments. I vaguely recall Thompson mentioning Dust but idk if I'm misrembering. I'd have to search through her Twitter + Tumblr and I don't have the time for that

^^This. They shouldn't need training at this point. It'd be a different story if she'd taken Shark-Girl, Sprite, Transonic, Hindsight, Nature Girl and Triage with her to skill them up.
    Whose to say WHICH of the plane's occupants qualify as "students" ?

I realize this is not explicitly stated so its all just speculation and/or 'splaining it away BUT..... what do we know?
    We know that Jean asks where KITTY is.
    We know that Laura tells her: "She took some students on a quick training op" -- which answers Jean's question: Where is KITTY, specifically?

I've seen arguments across the interwebs about Pixie, for example, having graduated back in Aaron's(?) run. She even got a diploma, along with several others.
    Well gang, perhaps she graduated EDUCATIONALLY -- aka from high school -- but is still working progressing in the hero certification -- whatever THAT entails -- for X-Man status(?)
    (Speaking of: Can ANYONE recall a specific issue, event, ceremony or whatever that officially determined Kitty's X-Man status beyond saying so herself?)
    Its been pointed out that Armor was elevated, albeit briefly, during Gold. Perhaps, as in Aaron's run, Hisako is a teacher's aid?
    Again, I'm not discounting the value of continued field education because that just seems sensible IMHO -- especially for cases like GLOB -- but I'd prefer to view this particular endeavor as SMART rather than offensive or condescending to our beloved Anole, Pixie, etc. If anything I'm impressed(?) that Kitty is finally actively working at field team dynamics for those who want it.

The up and down of it all is a little dizzying.
    We're all clamoring for Pixie (as an example) but then someone finally endeavors to use her and we're criticizing how, her status, her competency, her injury, etc etc. Yeesh.

I mean, nobody is criticizing JEAN for all her "Oh, I don't know, Uh...I don't know what I saw" nonsense. BISH, you know what saw! That was Jaime Frigging Madrox asking your ass where Kitty Pryde is and then you and a whole mess of X-folk were fighting a gaggle of dupes! SPEAK. YO. DAMN. WORDS.!
    Last edited by Fokken; 11-09-2018 at 05:53 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Really? Wow. She has such a distinct look yet they keep screwing her up. On the roster page, she has a Kitty Pryde hairdo and looks nothing like the girl in that image. Her coloring also seems darker which confused me
    Yeah. They gave her Laura's tan and long hair.
    I remember in Extermination someone complained that they drew Kitty twice but one of them was Hisako.

KT and Rosenberg have said it's going to be a plot point. Although that doesn't change the fact it never should have NEEDED to be one in the first place.
    This should honestly be a graduation mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Everyone is probably jaded from how the New X-Men have been portrayed as rookies since after Secret Wars.

Even the grown ups train. That's why Xavier oppressed an AI to create a room of VR holograms that can actually kill you like it's Sword Art Online.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 11-09-2018 at 06:18 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Everyone is probably jaded from how the New X-Men have been portrayed as rookies since after Secret Wars.
    Case in point, Iceman calling Anole a "button masher."

Case in point, Iceman calling Anole a "button masher."
    Iceman has been giving **** to the likes of Anole (and Co) since Utopia. Bobbers is a just a tool who teases people. Like Rockslide.

Last edited by Fokken; 11-09-2018 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yeah. They gave her Laura's tan and long hair.
    I remember in Extermination someone complained that they drew Kitty twice but one of them was Hisako.

Yeah I thought she was Laura and it confused me why she was in a training suit

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

They really need to give Armor her own uniform so these kind of mistakes aren't made all the time.
    Right now, her primary unique physical characteristic is her "Hime Cut", which can often be confused for just long hair.