Page 212 of 231 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 3451
    Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

So, this is a bit off topic, but I'd like to know about how many of these kids have been disowned by their family.
    I mean, I know Surge, Hellion, QQ, I think Mercury (I remember there was something with her dad in that Deadpool comic).
    Is there anyone else among them who have effectively been kicked out of their homes or otherwise forced to sever ties with their parents ?

Elixir was disowned by his parents and Dani was his legal guardian.

He's died like 3 times and has joined Magneto's Brotherhood on Asteroid M. Nice job Dani.

Elixir's parents sent him to Xavier's' since they didn't want to deal with him being a mutant.

Mercury, Gentle, Dust, Blindfold, and Trance all have been disowned in one way or another. Indra hasn't been "disowned" but they aren't really on good terms either.

Pixie*, Prodigy, Anole, Loa, and Armor are the only ones who have non-abusive, loving families.
    Last edited by Tycon; 11-20-2018 at 04:47 AM.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

So basically, most of these kids are effectively with the X-men not simply by choice, but also because they have no homes to go back to.
    That's a point worth actually exploring if they intend to actually play up the whole "sick of being treated as kids" angle in the future.

Any idea of Glob and Rockslide's family life ?

Basically. It's also the reason why everyone but Loa went right back to Xavier's after AvX. They literally had nowhere else to go.

And Glob and Rockslide, as far as I know, are blank slates.

Astonishing Member

On the subject of pixie's parents why was she made the daughter of mastermind and a actual fairy ?

Dust wasn't disowned so much as forcibly separated from her mother by outside forces and is unable to find her.
    Gentle is a ward of the Wakandan royal family so he has a home to go back to. Although Wakandan citizens apparently discriminate against him because he has a white father.
    Blindfold has an aunt she lived with after her brother murdered their mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    On the subject of pixie's parents why was she made the daughter of mastermind and a actual fairy ?
    Because Kathryn Immonen wanted to give her a connection to X-men history while simultaneously giving her inherent mystical abilities that are unrelated to Magik or Limbo.

Mastermind already had a couple of illegitimate daughters, and the hallucinogenic properties of Megan's pixie dust are believable offshoot of Wyngarde's illusion casting powers.
    Last edited by Beetle; 11-20-2018 at 05:42 AM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Gentle is a ward of the Wakandan royal family so he has a home to go back to. Although Wakandan citizens apparently discriminate against him because he has a white father.
    Is his father white? I thought he was looked down upon just because he was an outsider/non-Wakandan citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Is his father white? I thought he was looked down upon just because he was an outsider/non-Wakandan citizen.
    His father is both white and an outsider. Most artist and colorists never make him look mixed though.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Nextgen

In an age of utopia, the Summers Institute for Higher Learning is the premiere school for the mutant community across the globe. Attendance is mandatory for all mutant children, as they learn to become the next generation of marvelous X-Men. But even in a utopian society, teenagers will always find a way to rebel… Follow Glob, Armor, Anole and Rockslide as they discover what it really means to live in an age of peace and harmony!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nextgen

In an age of utopia, the Summers Institute for Higher Learning is the premiere school for the mutant community across the globe. Attendance is mandatory for all mutant children, as they learn to become the next generation of marvelous X-Men. But even in a utopian society, teenagers will always find a way to rebel… Follow Glob, Armor, Anole and Rockslide as they discover what it really means to live in an age of peace and harmony!
    Ugh. So it's the exact same group as Disassembled minus Oya and Pixie? I really don't know what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Ugh. So it's the exact same group as Disassembled minus Oya and Pixie? I really don't know what to say.
    It looks like it. I bet the other NXM are just supporting/background characters

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I doubt Idie is going to end up doing much in Disassembled

So long as Rockslide and Anole get their fair share of page time and it's not all about how effin' awesome Glob is, I'll give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It looks like it. I bet the other NXM are just supporting/background characters
    NGL this team just seems so.......bland? but not because they are boring characters, but the lineup doesn't give me any sense of drama or soap operaness. Vic and Santo are besties, Vic and Santo are close with Hisako, and I guess they hang out with Glob?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I doubt Idie is going to end up doing much in Disassembled
    Me neither. But I wish we got to see Brisson handle some other students. I doubt they are gonna kill her but I wish she had a better reason to get benched.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    So long as Rockslide and Anole get their fair share of page time and it's not all about how effin' awesome Glob is, I'll give it a go.
    Anole/Glob friendship 4ever <3 <3 <3