Page 198 of 231 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 3451

No seriously weren't Idie and Kitty on that plane too?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    No seriously weren't Idie and Kitty on that plane too?
    Something weird is going on with Kitty. The first preview pages from a little bit ago have both Jean and a bunch of Madroxes asking "Where is Kitty Pryde?" in an almost trance-like state. So her disappearance seems purposeful, but Idie looks like cannon fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Something weird is going on with Kitty. The first preview pages from a little bit ago have both Jean and a bunch of Madroxes asking "Where is Kitty Pryde?" in an almost trance-like state. So her disappearance seems purposeful, but Idie looks like cannon fodder.
    I guess we'll have to see. It may be that Idie wound up wherever Kitty did. Though, really, I suspect the poor kid would be on the block if they were looking to trim down redundant power-sets. There are a lot of elementalists running around.

I hope Glob is the sacrificial lamb.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    At this point I wonder if the editorial and writers don't REALLY like Glob, they're just doing it to troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    At this point I wonder if the editorial and writers don't REALLY like Glob, they're just doing it to troll.
    I don't know if you're joking, but if you really think this you need to take a break or something haha. You're in way too deep, pull up, pull up!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I hope pryde. She needs some time in the dirt to get rid of gold stench. But we all know it will be a majority on the new xmen cause we all know if fans scream they like or want something you have to do the opposite

Love that they are being used. Not so into how weak Pixie is portrayed in these pages.

Hope they show how great she is. Have to wait and see.

Ultimate Member

It is possible that Glob has been getting a mini-push so that his death won't be quite as much of a 'and some nameless faceless mutant nobody has ever heard of died tragically...' situation. Build him up before you take him down, as it were.

One can only hope.

Cool RB Silva (Disassembled) panel preview of Armor.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BorxdK7F4px/?hl=en

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I guess we'll have to see. It may be that Idie wound up wherever Kitty did. Though, really, I suspect the poor kid would be on the block if they were looking to trim down redundant power-sets. There are a lot of elementalists running around.
    Idie and Vic just seem to disappear from the narrative altogether. Besides listing the two in Hisako's team, all three writers have a specific focus on Pixie, Glob, Rockslide, and Armor. Kelly even said: "He’s not what I would call a “background character” but he doesn’t play as large a role as the other Young X-Men already mentioned." So I'm guessing the same applies for Idie. But with mentions of Hellion and Surge (and kind of Wind Dancer?), I guess other students will be doing some background shots again. sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHotRoom View Post
    Love that they are being used. Not so into how weak Pixie is portrayed in these pages.

I want this Pixie back:

Not one that forgets she can teleport herself, teleport others, and use a Soul Dagger.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHotRoom View Post

She used to be so competent. What happened?

If Illyana can use her Soul Sword on regular people, why won't writers let Pixie use her Soul Dagger anymore? Her pixie dust? Team up with Rockslide or Glob and teleport them onto the badguys from above?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    She used to be so competent. What happened?

If Illyana can use her Soul Sword on regular people, why won't writers let Pixie use her Soul Dagger anymore? Her pixie dust? Team up with Rockslide or Glob and teleport them onto the badguys from above?
    You dont want that, remember if the young xmen are shown as competent then the classic have to be killed off. There is no middle ground. Either younger xmen irrelevant or classic have to all be killed off are the only option. And milking classics character past the point we've had to grind there bones in to power to drink is the right call. Because reason

Honestly, of all the character pushes that never panned out- Pixie is the one I'm most bitter about. Pixie should not only have her own team now, but her own entire sub-franchise. I'm talking a Pixie solo, a Pixie and Logan limited series ("and Logan" would be on the cover, but in fine print so as to not detract from the book's REAL hero), let me get one of those Pixie and the X-Mens. Give her a dark and gritty makeover and let her relaunch X-Force. Give her a down-to-Earth, back-to-basics makeover and let her relaunch X-Factor. Put her in the centre of a film franchise. Make her an Avenger, a Defender, a Guardian of the Galaxy and then put her on lunchboxes and backpacks and a series of trading cards that have no other characters and are just different incarnations of our life and joy Pixie.

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    Honestly, of all the character pushes that never panned out- Pixie is the one I'm most bitter about. Pixie should not only have her own team now, but her own entire sub-franchise. I'm talking a Pixie solo, a Pixie and Logan limited series ("and Logan" would be on the cover, but in fine print so as to not detract from the book's REAL hero), let me get one of those Pixie and the X-Mens. Give her a dark and gritty makeover and let her relaunch X-Force. Give her a down-to-Earth, back-to-basics makeover and let her relaunch X-Factor. Put her in the centre of a film franchise. Make her an Avenger, a Defender, a Guardian of the Galaxy and then put her on lunchboxes and backpacks and a series of trading cards that have no other characters and are just different incarnations of our life and joy Pixie.
    There's no viable reason why they shouldn't be pushing Pixie. They decided years ago that she was one of the New X-Men they were going to use, they used her for years, and have now dropped her for no reason. It's ridiculous to spend that much time building a character to then cast them aside. Pixie should be on an actual team, she should have a distinctive uniform and, for God's sake, someone on the writing staff should learn that girl from the Welsh valleys isn't the same thing as Californian valley girl.