Page 221 of 231 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 3451

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    spoilers:
    Also, Laura was written pretty damn bad in Uncanny. "Do I get to stab it? Can I huh? Can I?"
    end of spoilers
    Makes me miss Second Coming.

Uncanny Laura is the full KT snark siphon. Since the book lacks a Hawkeye, the quip energy is channeled directly into her without restraint or peer. As a nuclear physicist and medical doctor, I can deduce that intense weekly doses of witticisms may be too much for her healing factor to handle. But orange slices consumed off of thin adamntium razors may be enough to bring her back to homeosardonicus in time for House of Jesus.

Hisako's the worse. I hope she dies when the dust is settled

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hisako's the worse. I hope she dies when the dust is settled
    She's not wrong though.
    Jean's whole behavior is just outright weird.
    She leaves the kids behind while the whole world is experiencing mass natural disasters - so they could clean up the rubble of the mansion ?
    Are they planing on starting to rebuild before the crisis is solved ?
    You'd think having a couple of extra Tanks and a strategic teleporter could come in handy.

Not to mention the X-men have a guy who can shed light on this whole thing tied up in their basement, and instead of hearing him out, they leave him tied to a chair so they can go punch some sharks?.
    Hell, the kids effectively get him to tell them where the guy behind the whole catastrophic set of events is hiding within one minute of talking to him - you'd think it would be worth talking to him at least.

And Jean's whole "You're children" line just comes off as pretty damn bad, considering she's got Laura Gaby and Gentle on her team on Red.

Armor might annoy you, but she's pretty right on this issue.

Astonishing Member

I Jean is catching what ever kitty had in gold

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    She's not wrong though.
    Jean's whole behavior is just outright weird.
    She leaves the kids behind while the whole world is experiencing mass natural disasters - so they could clean up the rubble of the mansion ?
    Are they planing on starting to rebuild before the crisis is solved ?
    You'd think having a couple of extra Tanks and a strategic teleporter could come in handy.

Not to mention the X-men have a guy who can shed light on this whole thing tied up in their basement, and instead of hearing him out, they leave him tied to a chair so they can go punch some sharks?.
    Hell, the kids effectively get him to tell them where the guy behind the whole catastrophic set of events is hiding within one minute of talking to him - you'd think it would be worth talking to him at least.

And Jean's whole "You're children" line just comes off as pretty damn bad, considering she's got Laura Gaby and Gentle on her team on Red.

Armor might annoy you, but she's pretty right on this issue.
    The thing is she is the been the most vocal New X-man complaining and Jean put her on a team yet she still bitches at her. Like f--k you!
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-05-2018 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Uncanny Laura is the full KT snark siphon. Since the book lacks a Hawkeye, the quip energy is channeled directly into her without restraint or peer. As a nuclear physicist and medical doctor, I can deduce that intense weekly doses of witticisms may be too much for her healing factor to handle. But orange slices consumed off of thin adamntium razors may be enough to bring her back to homeosardonicus in time for House of Jesus.
    I am both unsurprised and disappointed with how KT is writing Laura for precisely this reason.

Also. I’m done. I won’t be reading Uncanny anymore. I’ll just read y’all’s summaries. I can’t deal with OOC Laura anymore.

I don’t understand why writers have to make every character they write so quippy and samey. It’s like everybody wants to make the comics into the MCU. Really over it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I am both unsurprised and disappointed with how KT is writing Laura for precisely this reason.

Also. I’m done. I won’t be reading Uncanny anymore. I’ll just read y’all’s summaries. I can’t deal with OOC Laura anymore.

I don’t understand why writers have to make every character they write so quippy and samey. It’s like everybody wants to make the comics into the MCU. Really over it.
    What is so hard about having a character be serious.

BANNED

The thing is she is the been the most vocal New X-man complaining and Jean put her on a team yet she still bitches at her. Like f--k you!
    Hisako wanted a part only for herself?lol.Wasn't she talking about whole NXM?

Why did you start?

It's an event, event's are %$#&. Everyone acts out of character in service of some inane plot that's supposed to be some paradigm shift, but can't be, because to have a paradigm shift, you'd first need a paradigm to shift!

They're stupid cash grabs meant to exploit the, using the video game term, "whales".

Tales told by idiots, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing!
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Why did you start?

It's an event, event's are %$#&. Everyone acts out of character in service of some inane plot that's supposed to be some paradigm shift, but can't be, because to have a paradigm shift, you'd first need a paradigm to shift!

They're stupid cash grabs meant to exploit the, using the video game term, "whales".

Tales told by idiots, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing!
    Morbid curiosity.

Lol. I never understood the hype around KT. I raised an eyebrow when people said they wanted him to write a new x men book and kept it moving.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Lol. I never understood the hype around KT. I raised an eyebrow when people said they wanted him to write a new x men book and kept it moving.
    Right now she's writing a book about mostly young characters that's flames, but all of them are well-suited for a comedy book, so.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Yeah. but the whole POINT was how they were treating the kids as a whole, not just her.
    She outright makes it clear that she refuses to leave what she considers to be her "team", and the fact that Jeans seems so surprised to hear her phrase it like that just adds on to the point.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Why is everybody sure she was written by Kelly Thompson? This was a truly written by committee venture; I've seen Kelly Thompson write Laura before, and it had some problems but it was nothing like the egregious crap I'm hearing.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!