Page 207 of 231 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3451
    Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    spoilers:
    Supposedly it is from what KT and the other writers have been talking about. The problem is I highly doubt Editorial will actually make good on it AFTER the event. As Tycon said, Anole and Armor have been promoted to full status SEVERAL times and it's never stuck.
    end of spoilers
    I'll try being hopeful for once.
    There's a first time for everything I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    UNCANNY X-MEN #1 SPOILERS
    spoilers:
    Yeahhhh, the Anole thing was dumb. His main power is that he is regenerative, but considering he isn't drawn with his 'monster arm', maybe we're supposed to forget that? But the voices were on point, it's been a while since we've gotten that disillusioned Victor. Ever since Schism, I always felt they nuetered Vic by making him leave Utopia to be a pacifist at Logan's school. Seeing him be the main voice of "these X-Men screwed us over, after all we've done for them" is soooooooooooo cathartic! My only complaint besides the Oya/Anole thing is that I wish we saw the kids, esp Santo, be more concerned for Vic.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

I dont see the issue. Anole isnt invulnerable. A plane crash is something that should kill him and he's lucky that didnt happen
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    God Editorial has gotten so damn lazy with continuity. Or is it that they just don't care?

His explanation sounds like what they did with Magma and flight. She's been drawn in air so often that yeah she can fly now. That story just was never told

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    spoilers:

I dont see the issue. Anole isnt invulnerable. A plane crash is something that should kill him and he's lucky that didnt happen
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    His body adapts and regenerates. I never said he was invulnerable. He definitely would have been knocked out, but for him to still be recovering on the table, seemingly near-death is a reach. When Vic was in Omega World, more than half his body was burned to the point that he regenerated a stronger body.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    His body adapts and regenerates. I never said he was invulnerable. He definitely would have been knocked out, but for him to still be recovering on the table, seemingly near-death is a reach. When Vic was in Omega World, more than half his body was burned to the point that he regenerated a stronger body.
    end of spoilers

Weeks past in that story between the point where he got a new body and initial injury. Its only been a few hours in UXM. You act like he should be like Wolverine and instantly healed. He's hurt (not near death) but he gets up in the same issue so he does recuperate within that day. Had the scene at the med-bay been weeks later, then Id be more inclined to agree with you, but its literally within a few hours

Weeks past in that story between the point where he got a new body and initial injury.
    Where are you getting that? We see the fire attack where he presumably got burned, then a time-jump to a point where it's indicated that the mini-Godzilla body had been in play already. And previously, we'd seen Anole regenerating an entire limb within a few minutes. So that doesn't really track.

Where are you getting that? We see the fire attack where he presumably got burned, then a time-jump to a point where it's indicated that the mini-Godzilla body had been in play already. And previously, we'd seen Anole regenerating an entire limb within a few minutes. So that doesn't really track.
    Theres about 2 months in between that time jump. Obviously that body has been in play before day 272, but my point was to highlight that that scan wasnt proof of anything as we didnt get that big a jump in Uncanny. Hours vs months. Its not directly comparable

Anole didnt lose any limbs nor need to regenerate anything here. He was injured and needed some rest to recuperate, which he did. He isnt invulnerable and blunt blows will take him out. Being able to regenerate doesnt prevent that from happening

5 bucks says in a year they retcon julian's hands
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    5 bucks says in a year they retcon julian's hands
    they have to care enough about him to use him first

Weeks past in that story between the point where he got a new body and initial injury. Its only been a few hours in UXM. You act like he should be like Wolverine and instantly healed. He's hurt (not near death) but he gets up in the same issue so he does recuperate within that day. Had the scene at the med-bay been weeks later, then Id be more inclined to agree with you, but its literally within a few hours
    When Anole got his arm sliced clean off, his new arm sprouted in, at most, an hour. Why would Anole heal damaged goods longer than creating whole, new body parts?

they have to care enough about him to use him first
    In Leah Thompson I trust
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I was never a fan of the asymmetrical look on Anole, or writer's attempts to turn him into a brawler.

In defense of Uncanny, we don't know how severe Anole's injuries were. If he had massive internal bleeding him being alive, much less alert and ambulatory, is impressive.

When Anole got his arm sliced clean off, his new arm sprouted in, at most, an hour. Why would Anole heal damaged goods longer than creating whole, new body parts?
    I guess I disagree with you about him taking too long to heal. He's up within hours and theres this

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    In defense of Uncanny, we don't know how severe Anole's injuries were. If he had massive internal bleeding him being alive, much less alert and ambulatory, is impressive.
    yeah thats what I got from it.