Page 52 of 231 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    depends on if Marvel wants to age her with the slide timeline and all..
    Well I'd hope so. Even her friends (Prodigy, Match) attend college right now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Well I'd hope so. Even her friends (Prodigy, Match) attend college right now.
    X-23, Hellion, Surge, Rockslide, Mercury, Dust, Elixir, and Prodigy should all fall within the 18-20 range by now. I thought that Anole and Pixie were established as being a little younger than the core group.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    X-23, Hellion, Surge, Rockslide, Mercury, Dust, Elixir, and Prodigy should all fall within the 18-20 range by now. I thought that Anole and Pixie were established as being a little younger than the core group.
    Yeah, I think that was literally just before Limbo. Indra wound up being the youngest, but I think Anole was in the running too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'd hope Anole and Pixie would be in the upper echelon of their teen years. Especially since they both "graduated" and the former works at the Worthington Estate.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yeah, I think that was literally just before Limbo. Indra wound up being the youngest, but I think Anole was in the running too.
    Oh yeah, the arc where Kyle & Yost truly hit you over the head that the kids are scarred and traumatized as hell. Remember when this was all the kids had to worry about:

I think I've said this before, but I'd totally read the New X-Men go to college series.

If we were to get a 'New X-Men' reunion series, what artist would you like to see on the series? Personally, I'd go with Mike Choi. He brings such a vibrant array of emotions to the kids, plus since KYost's X-Force is basically a continuation of New X-Men, Choi is basically their adoptive father artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Fordel View Post
    I think I've said this before, but I'd totally read the New X-Men go to college series.
    this.

BANNED

If we were to get a 'New X-Men' reunion series, what artist would you like to see on the series? Personally, I'd go with Mike Choi. He brings such a vibrant array of emotions to the kids, plus since KYost's X-Force is basically a continuation of New X-Men, Choi is basically their adoptive father artist.
    I'd take either Mike Choi or Olivier Coipel. Both have beautiful art. I'd love to see them drawing some of the X-kids. Especially those that are really unique aesthetically.

Would it be set at the school or in New York or on actual missions abroad like the X-Men? Or perhaps some combination? A differentiation from Gen X and Champions is a must.

The real question is which X-kids would we throw together for a team? Or would it be a rotating roster type scenario with a shift to different characters? I know there are a few that really deserve the spotlight, but there are also those underrated characters who haven't had many (if any) developments in terms of character arcs. Pixie, Surge, Hellion and Rockslide would be my definitive picks, but there are so much more to choose from.

Thoughts?

this.
    Choi is a ridiculously strong choise. I don't think I can top that. What's he been doing lately? How likely do you reckon it'd be to get him on board?

Failing that I've always been hyped by that Clay Mann "promo" image. That's a series that should have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    Choi is a ridiculously strong choise. I don't think I can top that. What's he been doing lately? How likely do you reckon it'd be to get him on board?

Failing that I've always been hyped by that Clay Mann "promo" image. That's a series that should have happened.
    I'm not sure. I think he's been freelance for a while, but the most recent thing I've seen him do was a cover for All-New Wolverine. People asked him to get on the title, but he said to email Marvel about it so that makes it seem like he's completely up for it. But yeah, Clay Mann would be another top pick for me.

BANNED

Clay Mann is another strong pick. And is this the promo art that was mentioned? tumblr_mmpp47KvSY1s8javqo1_1280.jpg

I could totally get behind this roster and most of the uniforms if so. Maybe switch Loa for Trance (I think Alani was last seen enrolled at the Avengers Academy) and then that's a large portion of the X-kids covered. Anyone else enrolled at the school can continue to make appearances across other titles. Elixir should be with Exodus and the Acolytes in X-Men Blue. Gentle, Indra, Oya and Transonic in Gold or Gen X.

Oh yeah, the arc where Kyle & Yost truly hit you over the head that the kids are scarred and traumatized as hell. Remember when this was all the kids had to worry about:
    Yeah, that's kind of what I mean when I say the Weir/DeFillipis team got a bit shafted. They tried pitching a couple of more mature/controversial plotlines, but got shot down because editorial said it didn't fit the tone they wanted for the book. (At least one of those was for the better, but still...) They were only allowed to do high school drama and nothing else, and still get a bit of flak for it.

Choi is a good pick. I'm really not wild about Mann's art because it's pretty inconsistent -- sometimes it looks great, sometimes it looks like sketchbook work. My top three would be Choi, Michael Ryan, and David Baldeon.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Clay Mann is another strong pick. And is this the promo art that was mentioned? tumblr_mmpp47KvSY1s8javqo1_1280.jpg

I could totally get behind this roster and most of the uniforms if so. Maybe switch Loa for Trance (I think Alani was last seen enrolled at the Avengers Academy) and then that's a large portion of the X-kids covered. Anyone else enrolled at the school can continue to make appearances across other titles. Elixir should be with Exodus and the Acolytes in X-Men Blue. Gentle, Indra, Oya and Transonic in Gold or Gen X.

Thats my commission. Which I had added more characters when he's was cheaper and didn't take so long to make them.

It's Monday so tweet at @MarkPaniccia asking to see the New X-Men Academy X characters. List them by name if you'd like and use the hashtag #XMENMONDAY

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Thats my commission. Which I had added more characters when he's was cheaper and didn't take so long to make them.
    It's a fantastic piece of work! I'm jealous

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I really love. May I ask who your fav of this selection is? And what we really need is an illustration of all the prominent X-kids together! I love em

Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post
    It's Monday so tweet at @MarkPaniccia asking to see the New X-Men Academy X characters. List them by name if you'd like and use the hashtag #XMENMONDAY
    I did and I got this response https://twitter.com/MarkPaniccia/sta...41928755372032

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I really love. May I ask who your fav of this selection is? And what we really need is an illustration of all the prominent X-kids together! I love em

I did and I got this response https://twitter.com/MarkPaniccia/sta...41928755372032
    Unfortunately that just means things aren't changing much beyond the current status quo.