Page 227 of 231 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231 LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 3451

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    Well, all three of kids who have physical mutations seem to experience radical changes to their biology and powers - maybe in this world his body is an actual living one.
    But why does there need to be so much guesswork? I get the whole “we shouldn’t baby our audience” but stuff like that is important to convey beforehand. Just like how the mansion was empty, we have to just HC our way out of a proper explanation because most of the pages are filled with splash pages of action movie-style fights and characters stuttering all the time.

Pixie has some darkness in her, she's capable of killing when pushed to it. There was some wholesale slaughter of N'garai
    And killing isn't exactly a dealbreaker for Santo either, he thought Laura was terrifying but awesome, he never judged Sooraya for killing the Purifiers.
    So I'm okay with them being open to it. These guys never really knew X-Man as anything but the creep who had been destroying their planet and completely overpowering everything they thre at him.

The fact Hisako is so anti-killing when her mentor was effing Wolverine is laughable.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    But why does there need to be so much guesswork? I get the whole “we shouldn’t baby our audience” but stuff like that is important to convey beforehand. Just like how the mansion was empty, we have to just HC our way out of a proper explanation because most of the pages are filled with splash pages of action movie-style fights and characters stuttering all the time.
    I'm guessing it's because they are more interested in telling the story they want to actually tell rather then explain the secondary details.
    The point of that fight is the final scene of it - Armor asks Glob to stop and he realizes that he's so "Lost" in the fight that he forgot he's hurting his friend. it's set to mirror Armor's own realization that's she's arguably on the wrong side of this debate.

The details of HOW that came about is not as important as the What.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The fact Hisako is so anti-killing when her mentor was effing Wolverine is laughable.
    How cool are Kitty and Jubilee with killing ?

Pixie has some darkness in her, she's capable of killing when pushed to it. There was some wholesale slaughter of N'garai
    And killing isn't exactly a dealbreaker for Santo either, he thought Laura was terrifying but awesome, he never judged Sooraya for killing the Purifiers.
    So I'm okay with them being open to it. These guys never really knew X-Man as anything but the creep who had been destroying their planet and completely overpowering everything they thre at him.

Back in Lotour's tenure on WATXM we saw Rockslide fight Hellion over a similar situation but with Genesis. Except I can believe that Hellion would be pushed to taking lives over Rockslide.

But yeah Hisako and the "no killing" is laughable. I could believe this is they flopped the teams and had Rocksldie and Pixie protecting Nate, while Hisako and Glob hunted him down...but the way it was written. Nope. Nada don't see it
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

The details of HOW that came about is not as important as the What.
    Sorry, but no. That attitude is EXACTLY why we get events that completely disregard established canon to force the plot to work. The How MATTERS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Sorry, but no. That attitude is EXACTLY why we get events that completely disregard established canon to force the plot to work. The How MATTERS.
    I'm not saying it doesn't matter - I'm saying it matter's less then the what.

Also, keep in mind that earlier in this same issue Glob basically uses an attack that explodes an Infinite's head off with a power he's never shown before - for all we know he wasn't "Choking" Santo so much as doing the same thing inside his head.

BANNED

I'm not saying it doesn't matter - I'm saying it matter's less then the what.

Also, keep in mind that earlier in this same issue Glob basically uses an attack that explodes an Infinite's head off with a power he's never shown before - for all we know he wasn't "Choking" Santo so much as doing the same thing inside his head.
    How is that any better?

Gambit charged Santo's entire body during Fear Itself and used him as a giant walking bomb. Getting blown up isn't going to hurt him in the least.

How is that any better?

Gambit charged Santo's entire body during Fear Itself and used him as a giant walking bomb. Getting blown up isn't going to hurt him in the least.
    Keep in mind - Rockslide originally didn't have the whole "Psychic Golem" thing - he started out as basically a "Thing" clone with detachable limbs.
    He was even KILLED by the purifiers in Nimrod's vision.

We don't KNOW what changes he's undergone now, and judging by Pixie and Glob, it could very well be about him becoming a physical entity again.
    Again - it doesn't forgive issues with the... issue (Buh Dam, Tish) but it wouldn't be completely out of question, seeing as he started as one.

Astonishing Member

Pixie is the only one of the four to get a pass on this crap. Her soul had some corruption via limbo. Also we ever get a reasion to why they changed when x man stayed the same

BANNED

Keep in mind - Rockslide originally didn't have the whole "Psychic Golem" thing - he started out as basically a "Thing" clone with detachable limbs.
    He was even KILLED by the purifiers in Nimrod's vision.

We don't KNOW what changes he's undergone now, and judging by Pixie and Glob, it could very well be about him becoming a physical entity again.
    Again - it doesn't forgive issues with the... issue (Buh Dam, Tish) but it wouldn't be completely out of question, seeing as he started as one.
    And if that's the case it's a detail that NEEDS to be established. Otherwise at BEST you're just confusing the audience, and at worst are building your plot on bad continuity. Marvel is relying WAY too much on Word Of God clarification on Twitter these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Pixie is the only one of the four to get a pass on this crap. Her soul had some corruption via limbo. Also we ever get a reasion to why they changed when x man stayed the same
    Since Nate Grey is native to that timeline, he would stay the same.

How is that any better?

Hell Rockslide blew himself up infront of Cyttorak's avatar for the lulz and almost became the Juggernaut....I'll never forgive Yost for denying us Juggernaut Santo...

But I digress....

Here's the thing to me: The writes/editors (because lets not let them off the hook here) dropped the ball on two fronts. Front A) IF this is the story they wanted to do (as meh as it is) they were better off choosing different NXM. If they needed a couple of NXM to play "we have to kill him" I would say Surge and Hellion would have made more logical sense. Front B) Since they were committed to Pixie, Armor, Rockslide and Glob....then flipping the teams would have made more sense.

But that's just me as a keyboard editor
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Pixie still hasn't used her soul dagger, I feel like that would be more useful against Armor than jumping around. If it can free Omega Sentinel from possession, it should pierce psionic armor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Back in Lotour's tenure on WATXM we saw Rockslide fight Hellion over a similar situation but with Genesis. Except I can believe that Hellion would be pushed to taking lives over Rockslide.

But yeah Hisako and the "no killing" is laughable. I could believe this is they flopped the teams and had Rocksldie and Pixie protecting Nate, while Hisako and Glob hunted him down...but the way it was written. Nope. Nada don't see it
    But Santo actually knew Evan, spent time with him and considered him a friend

X-Man blew up sacred religious sites around the world and created giant animals.

Pixie still hasn't used her soul dagger, I feel like that would be more useful against Armor than jumping around. If it can free Omega Sentinel from possession, it should pierce psionic armor.

But Santo actually knew Evan, spent time with him and considered him a friend

X-Man blew up sacred religious sites around the world and created giant animals.
    Let's be honest here...depending on what kinda of giant animals...that might make the world a better place. I mean if i could will Godzilla and Co into being I think the world would be better off...but that's just me XD

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Let's be honest here...depending on what kinda of giant animals...that might make the world a better place. I mean if i could will Godzilla and Co into being I think the world would be better off...but that's just me XD
    I mean I guess Nate just has a fascination with extinct animals so he wanted to bring them back. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Land Before Time was one of Nate’s favorite movies