Page 186 of 231 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 3451

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    See, this is why freedom of speech is overrated.

You can't take that stuff like that seriously The Academy cast is the largest of all group of students. When you limit them down New X-men group they can hold their own interest wise against any group of students New Mutants, Gen-X,etc. Maybe on a large scale I kinda see it but when you pick the best 7 to 9 students I find that to be a silly statement.

The Xavier Files guy is a cool fan but you can see his bias against the Academy X kids in his rankings (where Glob and Quentin rank much higher than any of them). At least lots of people are reminding him that his opinion is indeed a terrible one lol.

There are too many cool characters to just dismiss them outright, even if other generations of students are stiff competition. But also, its not a competition lol

Does anyone miss Tag?

Was reading new mutants and it got me thinking that Elixir is the best of the New X-men.

He has had the most character development of all of them.
    A powerset that continues to evolve even to this day (even had a secondary mutation)
    The most serious love interest of the new X-men (X-23 doesn't count)

At one point I would of said X-23 or Hellion but Elixir is that dude tho. Shame that most of the new X-men get no love but at least Elixir is still kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Was reading new mutants and it got me thinking that Elixir is the best of the New X-men.

He has had the most character development of all of them.
    A powerset that continues to evolve even to this day (even had a secondary mutation)
    The most serious love interest of the new X-men (X-23 doesn't count)

At one point I would of said X-23 or Hellion but Elixir is that dude tho. Shame that most of the new X-men get no love but at least Elixir is still kicking.
    Is X-23 "really" a New X-Men character, though? She always seemed like her own thing to happened to co-star in another series for awhile, if that makes any sense.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

X-23 was just kinda there. After all the X-Force stuff, they needed somewhere to keep her for a bit. She never really gelled well with the majority of the student body than me. Hellion and Dust, sure, but the others never seemed to accept her.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Is X-23 "really" a New X-Men character, though? She always seemed like her own thing to happened to co-star in another series for awhile, if that makes any sense.
    Of course she is. Why wouldnt she be? After the Academy X was dropped and the team took shape as "New X-men", she was added and became a main character

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    X-23 was just kinda there. After all the X-Force stuff, they needed somewhere to keep her for a bit. She never really gelled well with the majority of the student body than me. Hellion and Dust, sure, but the others never seemed to accept her.
    That doestn make sense to me as X-Force came AFTER she had already spent over a year as a New X-men. NX wasnt some temporary dumping ground for her after that
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-17-2018 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    For a time she was. Even during X-force she was around Elixir, saving Hellion/Surge, fighting along side them in Second Coming. Now? I say no. She is in her own world, doing her own thing, which is a god damn shame to be blunt. When she first got her ongoing I thought the new x-men would play some sort of sporting cast. I figured since she was basically regressing back to a cold blooded killer in X-force she would change into a somewhat normal mutant now that her role in X-force was done and the new X-Men would aid in that change just like they did when she first went to the school. I thought wrong.

I mixed up my timeline. My bad.

It still doesn't change the fact she was never an easy fit in the title. She assisted in making it less high school focused but she's been more interesting almost anywhere else in my opinion.

Oops. Double post.

she's been more interesting almost anywhere else.
    Them be fighting words friend.

'

The issue will feature stories that reveal what Magneto does to celebrate Hanukkah, spotlights Rogue and Gambit’s first Christmas as husband and wife, and one that puts Jubilee in her native habitat, at the mall for some Christmas shopping.

Creators contributing to Merry X-Men include Chris Sims, Chad Bowers, Rainbow Rowell, Chris Claremont, Matt Rosenberg, Ed Brisson, Kelly Thompson, Charles Soule, Tini Howard, Charlamagne Tha God, Zac Thompson, Lonnie Nadler, Vita Ayala, Styles P, Cullen Bunn, Jean Grae, Esoteric, Sina Grace, Al Ewing, Leah Williams, Marco Failla, Kris Anka, and Ryan Browne.

Y'all think we might get some students celebrarting the holidays?

Don't forget Mercury and Elixir. Nori, David, Vic, Hisako, Megan, and Nehzno didn't give two damns. Santo initially was jerky around her but seemed to be cool with her post-Quest for Magik. In fact, during Utopia, she is good enough friends with Megan, Hisako, and Cess that they all go out for a girls' night.
    Last edited by Tycon; 09-17-2018 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Of course she is. Why wouldnt she be? After the Academy X was dropped and the team took shape as "New X-men", she was added and became a main character
    She wasn't created for the series, already had had her own mini prior and branched pretty quickly. In the grand scheme of things, X-23's tenure in the series was a footnote compared to all the stuff she'd been in. She's more of her own thing (as a B-list character) or a Wolverine supporting character then anything else.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)