Page 208 of 231 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 3451

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    God Editorial has gotten so damn lazy with continuity. Or is it that they just don't care?
    They don't care. Poor continuity, leads to worse continuity, which only amplifies the fact that its about profit and not creativity.

Seriously Jordan White's reply is basically "I Don't Care." Which is more insulting than not saying anything at all.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    They don't care. Poor continuity, leads to worse continuity, which only amplifies the fact that its about profit and not creativity.

Seriously Jordan White's reply is basically "I Don't Care." Which is more insulting than not saying anything at all.
    Yep. The problem with dismissing it as "Well, that story just hasn't been told" is that more often than not those stories DON'T get told.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    This answer is just lazy and apathetic. And an example of how they don't care enough about the quality of their product to give artists reference sheets for standard character designs, all they care about is expediency and meeting their deadlines.

I don't necessarily mind that the arm is gone. But it'd sure be swell if the JDW and the X-Office were to put some effort in and actually explain why, a single word balloon saying that it all went away on its own once the adrenaline wore off from his Extraordinary appearance. I don't think we're asking for much.

So apparently an anime inspired X-23 showed up in Exiles....

whoo boy
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    So apparently an anime inspired X-23 showed up in Exiles....

whoo boy
    Surprised it took this long

Astonishing Member

Is it a coincidence Martha and Erns have been in limbo since XMen Red begun? According to Morrison's Here Comes Tomorrow, Ernst is Cassandra Nova. It was never explained how she reappeared

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Is it a coincidence Martha and Erns have been in limbo since XMen Red begun? According to Morrison's Here Comes Tomorrow, Ernst is Cassandra Nova. It was never explained how she reappeared
    yes its a coincidence. They arent characters that are typically used and without a teen book, that decreased dramatically. With that said, Ernst hasnt entirely been in limbo since Red started as she was in OML earlier this year. How Nova reappeared after Morrison's run was explained in Whedon's AXM over a decade ago.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    yes its a coincidence. They arent characters that are typically used and without a teen book, that decreased dramatically. With that said, Ernst hasnt entirely been in limbo since Red started as she was in OML earlier this year. How Nova reappeared after Morrison's run was explained in Whedon's AXM over a decade ago.
    it's a continuity mess, but then, what Whedon did was a continuity mess too. We would still deserve an answer to why she has been missing and absent for so long.
    Cassandra Nova didn't really appear as a character in Whedon's run, she was a mental product of Emma (like Shaw or Negasonic Teenage Warhead during that same run) which Cassandra implanted in Emma during her last seconds of conciousness, while she was having her mind destroyed in Emma's mind, with the objective of manipulating Emma into freeying the body of Cassandra from the capsule they put it in.
    Kitty phases the body out of the capsule and immediately they are sent to space, so the story ends there with a SWORD psychic declaring there are no traces of Cassandra in Emma's mind.
    Whedon didn't realize that that blob, which was the Shi Ar shapeshifter Stuff, became Ernst. But that isn't a big continuity problem because Cassandra did have a real body of her own (the one she had when she swapped minds with Charles). So the thing that would make more sense is it was that body that was in a capsule. X-Men Red Cassandra is old body Cassandra, and Ernst is just a mindwiped Stuff/Shi Ar synthetic shapeshifter.
    Morrison makes Cassandra Nova Xavier from the future mention she has a synthetic body and is light years away from the nearest spare parts, so her body was Stuff's.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    it's a continuity mess, but then, what Whedon did was a continuity mess too. We would still deserve an answer to why she has been missing and absent for so long.
    Cassandra Nova didn't really appear as a character in Whedon's run, she was a mental product of Emma (like Shaw or Negasonic Teenage Warhead during that same run) which Cassandra implanted in Emma during her last seconds of conciousness, while she was having her mind destroyed in Emma's mind, with the objective of manipulating Emma into freeying the body of Cassandra from the capsule they put it in.
    Kitty phases the body out of the capsule and immediately they are sent to space, so the story ends there with a SWORD psychic declaring there are no traces of Cassandra in Emma's mind.
    Whedon didn't realize that that blob, which was the Shi Ar shapeshifter Stuff, became Ernst. But that isn't a big continuity problem because Cassandra did have a real body of her own (the one she had when she swapped minds with Charles). So the thing that would make more sense is it was that body that was in a capsule. X-Men Red Cassandra is old body Cassandra, and Ernst is just a mindwiped Stuff/Shi Ar synthetic shapeshifter.
    Morrison makes Cassandra Nova Xavier from the future mention she has a synthetic body and is light years away from the nearest spare parts, so her body was Stuff's.
    People can accept so much from Morrison's run retconned and forgotten but not this? Morrison may have intended for Ernst to be Nova, but that hasnt been the case since he left. As you mention, Nova was freed from Stuff in Whedon's run. Thats why she is around to cause havoc in Red. We do deserve explanation for where she's been in what her master plan is, but we do know that this isnt picking up from Morrison's run as that was already dealt with years ago

"I'm gonna totally derail the impact of one of the most influential arcs of New X-Men/Academy X because a couple of artists didn't get the right reference.”

That's both disheartening and yet I saw it coming.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...the-new-series
    We get a clearer picture of the X-Students' role in Disassembled:

Kelly: We’ve talked about that in interviews. A lot of the new X-Men, the younger kids who aren’t Laura, have gotten lost in the shuffle. There’s just so many X-Men. I don’t think anyone’s trying to put anyone on the bench. It’s just what happens when you have that many incredible characters and that many incredible stories. So, we obviously can’t raise them all up, but one of my favorite things—and I know it’s Ed’s, I don’t know about Matt’s—in this story is the story of these young X-Men. Specifically, Armor, Pixie, Rockslide, and Glob have big roles. And it’s not just [that] they have big roles punching things, they have questions and they have complaints, and they have an evolution of where they’re headed. And I think it’s really cool stuff that you don’t get to see a lot.

Ed: Yeah, it’s been one of the most fun things. The whole series is great, but that in particular has been nice, to elevate them. Back in the day, you had the new mutants who graduated and became X-Force. They became their own X-Team. You don’t see that much anymore.

Kelly: No.

Ed: This is not a promise that that’s what’s happening at all.

Kelly: No. no. Since we’ve already seen the pin-up for the X-Force, we know that’s not what happens. But it’s still a story, and it’s a story that we want to tell. And it also creates a lot of good opportunities for me and Ed to try to push each other out of the way to write Armor, so that’s always fun.

Matthew: I also think that there is a component, when people see it, about a generational idea in what the X-Men are and like I know early on, Ed and Kelly were very excited about the kids. And I love the kids too, but it took me sort of a long time to realize, “Oh, the kids’ story is sort of mirrored in a bigger story in a different way.” That fits into the generational idea of X-Men that we’re kind of examining. If you have a favorite era of X-Men, we’re trying to give you something that you’ll like. We’re trying to show you, “here some of them are, here they are doing their thing and how they deal with these problems.” The kids are the last generation of X-Men, so following them a bunch has been really rewarding in a way that kind of caught me off guard. But I do love it very much.

Seriously Glob?? Over Hellion, Surge, or ANOLE! ( Who had already started the disenfranchised arc)

I can't roll my eyes enough. But hey at least the story is being told.

Glob is Ed's favorite.

Can't fault a guy for writing his fave...honestly im at the point where if they don't want to write "X, Y or Z" best not to have them write them or else you end up with character assassination
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

So can we talk about the problematic team composition of the kids as described in that interview ?
    Armor, Rockslide, Glob and Pixie.
    I mean, you've got a triple tank with one support, and basically no ranged DPS.

Not a very balanced team comp really.