Page 209 of 231 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3451
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Glob is Ed's favorite.

Can't fault a guy for writing his fave...honestly im at the point where if they don't want to write "X, Y or Z" best not to have them write them or else you end up with character assassination
    Yeah, I'd rather see favorites like Hellion or Dust remain in the background than see them horribly miswritten (or killed off / maimed / depowered / made event-fodder) by some hired gun writer who doesn't like them.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    So can we talk about the problematic team composition of the kids as described in that interview ?
    Armor, Rockslide, Glob and Pixie.
    I mean, you've got a triple tank with one support, and basically no ranged DPS.

Not a very balanced team comp really.
    As someone who plays various superhero (and other) RPGs and MMOs, comic book teams are often crazy weird for 'party balance.'

Look at the average 'Team Shnikt-Bub' of X-Factor. Dude with claws. Chick with claws. Dude with knives. Werewolf. It's like attack of the scrappers/melee DPS, no range, no tanks, no fliers, rarely, if ever, a healer or buffer or debuffer or control character at all. (Indeed, pure control characters with *nonlethal* powers, like Vertigo, Whiteout or Mastermind, are more likely to be villains, while controller heroes like Bedlam or Wallflower or Dazzler are killed off or given more lethal options like lasers.) Must be nice to have a friendly GM never challenge you with a flying zapper or force fielded or intangible or body of liquid/gas/energy foe you can't beat by running at it with scissors...
    Last edited by Sutekh; 11-15-2018 at 12:16 AM.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, I'd rather see favorites like Hellion or Dust remain in the background than see them horribly miswritten (or killed off / maimed / depowered / made event-fodder) by some hired gun writer who doesn't like them.

As someone who plays various superhero (and other) RPGs and MMOs, comic book teams are often crazy weird for 'party balance.'

Look at the average 'Team Shnikt-Bub' of X-Factor. Dude with claws. Chick with claws. Dude with knives. Werewolf. It's like attack of the scrappers/melee DPS, no range, no tanks, no fliers, rarely, if ever, a healer or buffer or debuffer or control character at all. (Indeed, pure control characters with *nonlethal* powers, like Vertigo, Whiteout or Mastermind, are more likely to be villains, while controller heroes like Bedlam or Wallflower or Dazzler are killed off or given more lethal options like lasers.) Must be nice to have a friendly GM never challenge you with a flying zapper or force fielded or intangible or body of liquid/gas/energy foe you can't beat by running at it with scissors...
    Ok, you win that one
    I was mostly going to complain about not having any Hitscan characters in case the other team has a Pharah, but you've taken it to a whole new level.

Any speculation? Do you think we could get to see some NXM in NextGen or even make it on the 'Marvelous X-Men' roster?

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Any speculation? Do you think we could get to see some NXM in NextGen or even make it on the 'Marvelous X-Men' roster?

Given that we don't know what the X-tremists are, it's possible that some of them might end up there as well.

But NextGen seems the likeliest place.

Given that we don't know what the X-tremists are, it's possible that some of them might end up there as well.

But NextGen seems the likeliest place.
    If Mags and his Brotherhood are gonna be X-Tremists, then i can see Elixir popping up. If this plot point of the 'students want to be promoted" actually pays off and doesn't fizzle away into nothingness, then maybe Anole and/or Armor join the Marvelous X-Men.

If Mags and his Brotherhood are gonna be X-Tremists, then i can see Elixir popping up. If this plot point of the 'students want to be promoted" actually pays off and doesn't fizzle away into nothingness, then maybe Anole and/or Armor join the Marvelous X-Men.
    I think the "Marvelous X-men are the ones in the picutre, aren't they ?"
    So Nature Girl is pretty much it.

I think the "Marvelous X-men are the ones in the picutre, aren't they ?"
    So Nature Girl is pretty much it.
    I was just figuring that everyone shown had an important part to play in the minis/event, not that this was an official roster reveal. But the more I look at it, the more that works. I couldn't see Magneto being an anti-hero in an AU while branding an X-Men symbol on his half-cape. Nature Girl on a main team could lead to some interesting developments for her. Especially after Anole called her and Trevor out for having the suckiest powers of all time:

I was just figuring that everyone shown had an important part to play in the minis/event, not that this was an official roster reveal. But the more I look at it, the more that works. I couldn't see Magneto being an anti-hero in an AU while branding an X-Men symbol on his half-cape. Nature Girl on a main team could lead to some interesting developments for her. Especially after Anole called her and Trevor out for having the suckiest powers of all time:

Wait, I thought she could control animals, can't she ?

Overall, I found myself pleased with the students in UX#1. Even Glob felt significantly more pleasant(?) than I'm used to. Perhaps it was his radio'ing for assistance? Felt very mature. Hisako was delightful, imho. And even though Meg and Vic were more or less sidelined, I still really enjoyed seeing them.

If I were Hisako though, and I were assigned to sewer detail (???) I would DEFINITELY have armored up before entering.
    I did appreciate the narrative crafted for them though -- the the discontent over their assignment -- it rings true and reminds me of Kitty's respective team deployment during the Resurrection arc, and how SOME teams were super miffed about their assigned environmental hurdles (Dom and her team, IIRC, were also in a sewer). This theme of Kitty assigning teams to jobs they don't want to do is kind of funny, and also adds gas to my annoyance-fire with Headmistress Kitty herself. Like, when she paired Rogue and Gambit to that Couples retreat, and subsequently hijacked their honeymoon. Kitty is the buzzkill of the X-Men now. I'm oddly into that.

Here's hoping Hisako and Victor get some rad moments moving forward.

So can we talk about the problematic team composition of the kids as described in that interview ?
    Armor, Rockslide, Glob and Pixie.
    I mean, you've got a triple tank with one support, and basically no ranged DPS.

Not a very balanced team comp really.
    Triple tank can work...you just need a moira and Briggette...

Ok, you win that one
    I was mostly going to complain about not having any Hitscan characters in case the other team has a Pharah, but you've taken it to a whole new level.
    Since we're going there....

Who are the New X-Men's Overwatch Mains:

Rockslide: Reinhardt but he's the reinhardt who charges in and never has his shield up

Armor: Zarya

Surge: Tracer

Anole: Genji

X-23: Widowmaker

Hellion: Doomfist

Pixie: Battle Mercy

Mercury: Moira

Dust: Ana

Glob: Torbjorn
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Triple tank can work...you just need a moira and Briggette...

Since we're going there....

Who are the New X-Men's Overwatch Mains:

Rockslide: Reinhardt but he's the reinhardt who charges in and never has his shield up

Armor: Zarya

Surge: Tracer

Anole: Genji

X-23: Widowmaker

Hellion: Doomfist

Pixie: Battle Mercy

Mercury: Moira

Dust: Ana

Glob: Torbjorn
    I'm gonna say:

Rockslide: Reaper - for maximum coolness.

Armor: D.VA, because she seems to likes big robots (but then, who doesn't).

Surge: Widowmaker, and thanks to her super-speed reflexes she always gets accused of using an Aimbot.

Anole: Lucio/Sombra since he likes either being very agile or being invisible.

X-23: is probably Brig, since she just swings at people and ignores any injuries since they'll heal themselves.

Hellion: Definitely a Pro Genji- and always charges in first and gets eliminated.

Pixie: seconded on the battle mercy.

Not sure about either Mercury or Dust, although Glob is definitely a Hanzo main - pre-Storm Arrow Hanzo, back when he was considered useless.
    Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 11-15-2018 at 09:35 AM.

BANNED

X-23: is probably Brig, since she just swings at people and ignores any injuries since they'll heal themselves.
    That's just the Bendis and Hopeless version.

X-23's pretty decent at sniping in real life...it would be kinda fun too see her try to play widow in the game
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    That's just the Bendis and Hopeless version.
    No.
    Brig is pretty much like that in the Kaplan and Goodman versions XD

Ultimate Member

Wait, I thought she could control animals, can't she ?
    Her power to control animals (and perhaps plants) are way more useful in a fight surrounded by forests full of critters than Viktor's powers to cling to walls and hide really well (and prehensile tongue?), so it's just bad writing.

Plus the artist drew Quentin and Ernst there, and they are a match, power-wise, for Rachel and Gentle, so it makes zero sense for them to be hiding from a fight (even if I like Rachel, or Viktor, or just about anyone, 1000% more than Quentin, he's still a powerhouse...).

I like Viktor, and, even without his strong-arm, he's got more super-powers than people who hang just fine in super-fights without powers like the Punisher or Batman, but he's darn close to the last person to be calling anyone else's powers weak. If anything, he should be identifying with students who are underestimated because they aren't 'omega' telepaths or reality manipulators or arbitrarily have all sorts of unrelated powers (looking at you guys, Gabriel Summers or Mikhail Rasputin or Paris DuBennet).