Page 188 of 231 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 3451

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    I'm confused.
    Would there even BE an AoA version of Armor ?
    I thought Japan was utterly destroyed at a time when Armor herself would have been far too young to have developed any powers.
    People move you know

Also maybe she's Japanese -American in the AoA

it wouldn't be the first time character's stories were changed.

In the AoA X-23 is the daughter of Mariko.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Pixie's redesign is horrendous. I get they wanted to shift her from fae to demonic but, if they wanted to put this little effort into it, they should have just used the design for Nightmare in AoX (or even an updated version). I wouldn't get hung up on the Japan thing, we don't know if this is the same Age of Apocalypse or an off-shoot of it. If there's a million dystopia futures for 616, then there's bound to be a few for AoA.

What is the fascination with Glob Herman? He's been a weak character since his introduction and I've never seen him as particularly offensive. I know not every power needs to be offensive but at the end of the world, I'm not sure I'd want someone whose betrayed the Institute numerous times at my side.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Glob is one of Brisson's faves.

https://twitter.com/edbrisson/status...690280450?s=19

sigh, this spiteful crap is so.unnecessary tho. it's like these new writers cant take a question or the slightest bit of criticism. i mean, thompson already confirmed her so statements like that just seem......vengeful idk.
    Last edited by Tycon; 09-18-2018 at 05:16 PM.

"People aren't happy just because their faves aren't in it" is such reductive thinking.

Yes we ask to see more from the NXM (but if you're going to include them on the announcement teaser that doubles as the first cover, after years of leaving them on the sidelines that should be expected), but up until this round of solicits people were plenty excited for the relaunch. Even when we knew only to expect significant focus for Armor and Glob

But by dismissing any complaints about tired retreads of old stories as "bitter fan boys who just want their faves" then they don't have to accept any criticism

Maybe if they were to actually say something about the actual story. Just.......like just an INTERVIEW or something that isn't the same ol' ".....so yeah I really LOVED writing this character. Next question." I swear they start writing angry ass dissertations over some anon saying: "uhh is [insert character that deserves more attention than Glob here] gonna be in your event?" like that anon personally shot their dog or something.
    Last edited by Tycon; 09-18-2018 at 09:38 PM.

Glob is literally nobody's favorite character. Tbh this is just trolling at this point. lol

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Glob is literally nobody's favorite character. Tbh this is just trolling at this point. lol
    I don't personally like Glob...and it's not because he's an odd looking mutant...I just don't find him useful. I convinced myself he was used so much because of his appearance.

Jordan D White did another Q&A on his twitter account. Anything he deemed spoiler-y he linked a youtube video to a song. People asked about Dust, Surge, Mercury and other New X-Men and he linked a youtube video. So I'm probably reading too much into that, but that's telling me they are being used...

However, Jordan D White doesn't strike me as someone I should have confidence in, and very much a 'traditionalist'. Like he wants to keep the status quo as close to what was popular back in the 90s or before...so I fear these characters are in peril.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    I don't personally like Glob...and it's not because he's an odd looking mutant...I just don't find him useful. I convinced myself he was used so much because of his appearance.

Jordan D White did another Q&A on his twitter account. Anything he deemed spoiler-y he linked a youtube video to a song. People asked about Dust, Surge, Mercury and other New X-Men and he linked a youtube video. So I'm probably reading too much into that, but that's telling me they are being used...

However, Jordan D White doesn't strike me as someone I should have confidence in, and very much a 'traditionalist'. Like he wants to keep the status quo as close to what was popular back in the 90s or before...so I fear these characters are in peril.
    Sometimes I think White also just plain enjoys trolling people, IE his comments about Cyclops and Emma.

But yeah, I'm definitely not thrilled about his remarks on Twitter. I asked him about the NXM being treated like actual ADULTS and he almost seemed to be offended that the elder X-Men should consider them peers (I think I linked that comment a few pages back). I LOVED the flood of comments in response from teachers who basically shut him down with how kids they taught returned four years later — about how long would have passed in-universe for Laura to be 20 — as colleagues.

Quote Originally Posted by RoamingGnome8 View Post
    I'd argue you being more of an X-23 fan than a New X-Men fan might be affecting your opinion, a bit.
    Probably.

NYX or Avengers Academy was more of the footnote, than New X-Men in my opinon
    I would agree (although NXY is somewhat raised in profile by being the character's first comic appearance). However, I would also contend that the character's solo material has been her highest profile material to date.

New X-Men WAS written by her creators and they did heavily build up her relationships with other characters to the point that both Liu and Gage utilized those characters later in X-23 appearances. Besides Hellion; you had her friendship with Dust and Mercury, later a friendship with Elixir (especially in X-Force) and an antagonistic relationship with her and Surge. It really was in New X-Men that we start to see Laura questioning and growing past her programming from the Facility.
    Fair enough, although a lot of that has fallen by the wayside after it the 2010 X-23 solo.

While Laura is heavily separated from the X-Men currently; even in X-Men Red, she doesn't really have a role in that series other than to be the reason for Gabby being there..., at that time period she was more connected to the X-Men.
    Well, she had quit being part of an X-Men team during the "Resurrexion" retool sometime prior to red? As far as her having a point to being on the team, I guess their use never bothered me so far.

I'd say the change was really when Taylor took over the series and had her become Wolverine/aged her up.
    Maybe, although I think the character first started getting away from the New X-Men with the Avengers Academy/All-New X-Men stuff before Taylor started writing for the character.

Laura is isolated in ANW; even her interactions with Gambit and Angel felt out of place in that book-the focus being on A-list guest stars like Hawkeye, Doctor Strange, and Captain Marvel...
    I honestly didn't notice a disconnect like that. Mileage may vary?

I guess my feeling is that, whatever was the case was, X-23 has been disconnected from the New X-Men cast in terms of not being grouped with them or being stuck in their little limbo.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I don't have any interest in Glob either and would have preferred someone else.

Also I do agree that those AoA designs are kinda boring. I like the demonic look for Pixie, but the yellow and blue uniform looks so plain to me.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Pixie's design is crap, I do like that her black hair looks to be making a return even if it's potentially an AU. I do wonder tho...

If Anole and Oya are gonna get some new costumes/forms?

hot damnnnnnnnnnnn, also is he saying that Surge and Hellion are sales draws or am I totally misinterpreting the tweet?