Page 10 of 231 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Woooooo! Cipher!!!!!!!

I like Cipher as well but I feel like her introduction was poorly handled. I didn't like the fact that she was "there the whole time" and then she just came outta nowhere. She is in many ways like the ultimate stealth character. She seems completely undetectable except by the most powerful psychics. Hopefully she will get better characterization in the future.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

When was it shown for her to have the ability to fly?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    When was it shown for her to have the ability to fly?
    I think he means she can pilot the X-Jet.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I think he means she can pilot the X-Jet.
    She was also shown flying and using some random energy ability on the final page of Young X-men 12

I think they just stopped trying to make sense at that point

Ultimate Member

The dude Sunspot is punching in that picture above looks a little bit like the DV8 member Frostbite...

Poor Cipher. She's got all the powers, it seems. Kitty will tell you that having just *one* power as a new mutant is the way to earn some character development in this business (since your every appearance can't be about 'feats'), and Rachel and Hope will tell you that having *all* the powers means that your push is gong to end up with you unceremoniously shuffled off-screen or underutilized for the next few decades... When your mutant power is 'I can do anything, I don't need a team,' guess who isn't going to end up on any teams, Quentin?

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Nezhno is still alive and I feel like he is highly underrated and underused. I think he has a ton of potential as a character and would love it if her were used more. I hope he doesn't get killed off.
    I think Nezhno looks awesome (in non-Hulk form), but everything from his powers to his briefly stated personality put me off completely. I wish he could be rebooted. I remember when we first saw him in Mark Brooks art I was really excited about his addition to the New X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    Ink wasn't meant to be likeable. It was something I saw a lot of on the board at the time. "This character is terrible so the book is terrible". It was a shame. The first arc was slow and people guessed the switch, which hurt it, but it was also hurt by people predisposed not to like it because they resented which characters weren't getting used. Read in trade paperback, all 12 issues are really strong, sad we didn't get more.
    It was cancelled because it wasn't well executed.
    It's not that the first arc was slow or easy to figure out (though yes to both counts)... it's that it was hamfisted.
    Basically, they greenlit a series that couldn't launch while there were "no x-men", but needed to launch anyway. So they gave us a contrived origin arc for the team (Looking back, it served more as a way to get Pierce into X-Men custody for K/Y's Bastion story than anything else). Then, after the first arc, the team had absolutely ZERO reason to exist at all. X-Men were back, students were back, but this group was still separate from the rest of the student body? We never really got a mission statement for YXM. It was directionless.

The Pierce and Dust moments were really the only highlight of that series.

Also, I know I don't post anymore... but YXM in the NXM thread... no. just... no.
    Last edited by Hakael; 06-07-2014 at 09:58 PM.

So a couple days ago I found this over on Tumblr:

Well according to the X-Men BotA online mobile game Hellion actually lives to be an adult!

1st APPEARANCE: New Mutants #2 (2003)

BIO: Julian Keller has always been defiant and proud - to a fault, depending on whom you ask. His wealthy, high-profile parents, for instance, sent him to the X-Men's academy to learn a little discipline - and discretion, where his newfound powers were concerned. After losing his hands in a battle with Nimrod, Hellion had to adapt to a pair of telekinetically controlled gauntlets.

STATUS: In the future, Hellion continues to exhibit a wild streak - but his wife, Noriko, is up to the task of reining him in. Now armed with new suits developed by Hank McCoy to channel their powers, the husband and wife duo constitute a two-person tactical strike team for the X-Men.
    So apparently in the BOTA future Hellion married Surge....
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    So apparently in the BOTA future Hellion married Surge....
    How I pray for that to be overridden...

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Naw, Hellion and Surge belong together. I want some fan art of the future husband and wife duo.

Maybe we should have let Raze and Xavier 2.0 do their thing
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

yeah please. jullian deserved better

I dig it. Though I can't imagine Surge being up to the task of reigning Julian in.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    I dig it. Though I can't imagine Surge being up to the task of reigning Julian in.
    I dunno i think they are very similar. They let their emotions guide them which often makes them explosive around each other it just takes one little push for hatred to turn into obsession. Surge kissed him to make her ex bf jealous and leave her at one time i think she has some feelings for hime as it's often the people we care for that we argue with the most. I think she could at least understand him because she's just the same and they have been through a lot together good and bad.

And besides i think they would be adorable together XD. The cool popular jock and his punk rock princess lol.

hey is there also a adult cessily in that game