Page 109 of 231 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 3451

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Were they even related?

Okay, so to keep it a bit more X-related I suppose, there is the case of Mags and Lorna.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

Okay, so to keep it a bit more X-related I suppose, there is the case of Mags and Lorna.
    What that Polaris was not revealed to have been Magneto's daughter until many years later? If that's what your going regarding this future scenario I suppose well if Hellion and Laura got together in in well it would be the most exciting he's done with her because he just doesn't know how to use Laura's strengths as a character I don't know why they didn't hand him Squirrel Girl or something.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

What that Polaris was not revealed to have been Magneto's daughter until many years later? If that's what your going regarding this future scenario I suppose well if Hellion and Laura got together in in well it would be the most exciting he's done with her because he just doesn't know how to use Laura's strengths as a character I don't know why they didn't hand him Squirrel Girl or something.
    ......no.
    I'm still addressing the "offspring don't necessarily share the same energy signature of their parent, despite their mutual powersets" thing.

Maggie is often purple or blue.
    Po-Po is nearly always green.
    Both are walking magnets.

......no.
    I'm still addressing the "offspring don't necessarily share the same energy signature of their parent, despite their mutual powersets" thing.

Maggie is often purple or blue.
    Po-Po is nearly always green.
    Both are walking magnets.
    In most if not all shows that feature Magneto and Polaris the aura of their magnetism isn't shown. Still I get your point just hope if Tom Taylor is aware of the significance of Laura and Julian's relationship he will put more thought into it if this future scenario has anything to do with it all.

In most if not all shows that feature Magneto and Polaris the aura of their magnetism isn't shown.
    Oh so we're discussing SHOWS and NOT the BOOKS?

BANNED

In most if not all shows that feature Magneto and Polaris the aura of their magnetism isn't shown. Still I get your point just hope if Tom Taylor is aware of the significance of Laura and Julian's relationship he will put more thought into it if this future scenario has anything to do with it all.
    Taylor is very aware. During one of the X-Positions he aid that he wasn't going to just throw Hellion in because of that significance, and wanted to wait until he could do something meaningful with them.

Now, currently we don't know what the circumstances of this storyline are, and how, or even if, it connects back to the present date. For all we know, this could be Laura having a dream or vision of a future, and serves as a catalyst for them reuniting in the present day during the arc to follow (which is probably going to be another heavier and more serious start).

We really just kinda have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Taylor is very aware. During one of the X-Positions he aid that he wasn't going to just throw Hellion in because of that significance, and wanted to wait until he could do something meaningful with them.

Now, currently we don't know what the circumstances of this storyline are, and how, or even if, it connects back to the present date. For all we know, this could be Laura having a dream or vision of a future, and serves as a catalyst for them reuniting in the present day during the arc to follow (which is probably going to be another heavier and more serious start).

Given Doom's there, maybe it's one of his excursions into the maybe futures.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Oh so we're discussing SHOWS and NOT the BOOKS?
    I just simply found it funny that the aura's are never shown outside the books.

He did however call what happened between Julian and Laura a break up even though it clear they never were together. And if he is going to something a lot heavier then good but I do not hold out much hope when he does not know how to write introverts like Laura.

BANNED

I just simply found it funny that the aura's are never shown outside the books.
    Probably because other media can much more easily demonstrate the effects of their powers, whereas comics need the auras as a visual shorthand to indicate when they're active.

He did however call what happened between Julian and Laura a break up even though it clear they never were together.
    A friendship can break up, too, you know (and would certainly apply to their a weird more-than-friends-less-than-couple status).
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 01-25-2018 at 09:18 AM.

He did however call what happened between Julian and Laura a break up even though it clear they never were together. And if he is going to something a lot heavier then good but I do not hold out much hope when he does not know how to write introverts like Laura.
    That's true. "Break up" is a rather strong choice of words considering their relationship or lack thereof.
    Much as we fans ship Jules and Laura together, they really didn't have much in the way of a love affair. It was really just a shared and rarely expressed infatuation(?) with very little actual pay off, interaction wise. I guess all of their "romance" happened exclusively off panel. At most we got....a few times they watched each other unconscious and then, what....A kiss?

Fokken drinking dat tea and showing receipts
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

New mutants back to school epic is out. Did everyone remember to make their orders?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

That's true but knowing how incompetent Taylor is with how he handles Laura and put Gabby on a pedestal I won't hold my breath. If I did All-New Wolverine I would have just made it into the New X-Men 2.0. With all of the New X-Men who more than earn their stripes as part of it because I'm beginning to see that Laura doesn't have much to hold an ongoing solo title when previously all writers do is press her reset button. And when Mr. Taylor decided not to press it he made Laura the most boring part of her own book by refusing to give her any new challenges with stakes.

Probably because other media can much more easily demonstrate the effects of their powers, whereas comics need the auras as a visual shorthand to indicate when they're active.

That's probably it though other than to distinguish Polaris from Magneto I see little point to it when at times they don't use it.

A friendship can break up, too, you know (and would certainly apply to their a weird more-than-friends-less-than-couple status).
    Yeah but in context most people use it to describe the end of a romantic relationship so what he said is going lead to some fans who know nothing about them misunderstanding Hellion and Laura's relationship.