Page 154 of 231 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 3451

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя₯ Tycon View Post
    OML #40 was a gift. It's a shame this was only a two-issue arc and it's an even bigger shame that I'm 100% sure this Logan is going to bite the dust before he interacts with the students again.
    We should probably send Brisson some love for this arc, especially given that he's apparently quite fond of the X-Kids. Letting writers know how much we like seeing these kids when they do show might not help, but I doubt it'll hurt.

BANNED

New X-Men # of Appearances (from Most to Least)

Talon* - 402 Appearances
    Rockslide - 278 Appearances
    Pixie - 249 Appearances
    Anole - 228 Appearances
    Hellion - 192 Appearances
    Armor - 170 Appearances
    Surge - 156 Appearances
    Mercury - 149 Appearances
    Dust - 137 Appearances
    Prodigy -126 Appearances
    Elixir - 111 Appearances
    Bling! 104 Appearances
    Loa - 72 Appearances
    Gentle - 66 Appearances
    Wind Dancer - 59 Appearances ://
    Indra - 58 Appearances (how???)

*Yeah, I know
    I'm genuinely surprised that Armor's total isn't higher as she's been pretty active in relation to a lot of the younger X-Men. The tally for Loa and Indra is criminal too. I'm hoping that we'll continue to get integration of the younger generation of mutants with the seasoned X-Men. Currently we've got Armor in Gold, Gentle in Red, Elixir in Blue etc. I could do with more of that regarding a lot of the 'young' heroes of the MU tbh. The Runaways revival was much-needed, and Champions has been enjoyable. I'm pleased that Robbie Reyes has a presence again too. Despite all that, I still miss Wiccan, Hulkling, Speed, Stinger, Spider-Girl, Hazmat, Inferno and a dozen others.

X-Men Red #4, Gentle does some badass stuff. Moving faster than lightning to save his(mind-controlled) queen from an attempted suicide, taking the full brunt force of an attack that Ororo made to kill herself. Just think about that. Storm, goddess and one of the most powerful mutants ever, had made this lightning strike to wipe herself out, and Nezhno gentles out and takes it like a BAD --- ASS!
    I LOVE this panel. X-Men Red is killing it atm, 100% my fav X-Men title in years. Taylor is proving just how great Gentle is, and I think he's going to make use of the entirety of the roster, which doesn't always happen in team books. Asrar is excelling w/ the art too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    SO apparently there's a new West Coast Avengers book coming and instead of using a mutant from LA (Hellion) they're using Quire...

Ughh...I do not know why the current writers love him so much
    I wouldn't really want Helion there tbh, but if they're wanting a mutant on the team then Dazzler, Boom-Boom, Bling! or Lila Cheney would have been preferable for the vibes they're aiming for.

OML #40 was a gift. It's a shame this was only a two-issue arc and it's an even bigger shame that I'm 100% sure this Logan is going to bite the dust before he interacts with the students again.
    So I guess this is before Venomverse? Given Eye-Boy is alive and well here? But yeah I enjoyed this story, which wasn't really even an OML focused narrative. I was confused by Quentin and No-Girl not being in the fight or looking after the students though.

hey! his monster arm is back. kind of. for one panel. why?
    It annoys the hell out of me that most creative teams forget about it. Just because Anole is a somewhat minor character... you don't see anyone forgetting that Misty Knight or Bucky Barnes have a metal arm...

Lemme just get the "of course" reason out of the way, THEIR NAMES. GOD, THEIR NAMES. Genesis and Oya have the luxury of not being created by Aaron, so they don't have to deal with his "naming" technique. Eye-Boy. Kid Gladiator. Shark Girl. This may be an unpopular opinion but gender/age identifiers + whatever your primary power might be is nothing but lazy ass namework. He's a boy with eyes all over him? EYE-BOY! Stroke of genius there! A girl whose power is that she turns into a shark? And that kind of logic just goes on and on. If you’re going to create a name based on their power, make it creative yet simplistic. Wolfsbane, Rockslide, Anole.
    Genesis I thought was quite a clever name- that being the beginning, and thus the precursor to Apocalypse. But yeah, most of the Aaron generation have LAZY codenames. Eye-Boy should have been dubbed Argus, after the one-hundred eyed giant of Greek mythology. Shark Girl could've been Mako. Nature Girl= Gaea, Demeter, Fauna, Wilde etc. It's not hard to think of something more original than ____-Boy or ____-Girl.

Also, speaking of Avengers Academy, a few of them made an appearance in IIM #600 today! They aren't X-Men, New X-Men, or even mutants, but I felt I had to post this in solidarity of Marvel treating the characters like sh!t.

Until proven otherwise, my personal headcanon is that a number of characters are there, including Hazmat, White Tiger, Thunderstrike, Power Man, Cammi, El Toro, Inferno, Patriot etc.

This was probably already shared but Skottie Young had the ages for some of the NXM during Quest for Magik in a "New X-Men X-Tras" blog piece he was doing:

http://skottieyoung.blogspot.com/200...x-tras-01.html
    http://skottieyoung.blogspot.com/200...x-tras-02.html

Surge - 17
    Hellion - 16
    Laura - 16
    Anole - 15
    Pixie - 14

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    We should probably send Brisson some love for this arc, especially given that he's apparently quite fond of the X-Kids. Letting writers know how much we like seeing these kids when they do show might not help, but I doubt it'll hurt.
    Plus, he also wrote Cable's arc of "Newer New Mutants" that had Armor and X-23 on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I'm genuinely surprised that Armor's total isn't higher as she's been pretty active in relation to a lot of the younger X-Men. The tally for Loa and Indra is criminal too. I'm hoping that we'll continue to get integration of the younger generation of mutants with the seasoned X-Men. Currently we've got Armor in Gold, Gentle in Red, Elixir in Blue etc. I could do with more of that regarding a lot of the 'young' heroes of the MU tbh. The Runaways revival was much-needed, and Champions has been enjoyable. I'm pleased that Robbie Reyes has a presence again too. Despite all that, I still miss Wiccan, Hulkling, Speed, Stinger, Spider-Girl, Hazmat, Inferno and a dozen others.
    I guess Paniccia's promise of Dust was nothing but a last-minute lie before he made a 90-degree turn for the Star Wars office. Cause it's wayyyyyy past the "early in the year" portion of 2018. And don't forget Prodigy in Dead Souls. I'm just praying Rosenberg continues to bring him into the fold when we inevitably get that X-Factor relaunch, or at least a substantial role in Multiple Man besides being a damoiseau in distress. For all the supposed "huuuuge fans of Whedon's run & Armor" who write X-Men, she hasn't been included in as much as I thought. I'm genuinely surprised she's barely above Surge. But, above all, I wholeheartedly agree: the fact that Loa and Indra are not included in more things is criminal. It's almost too sad for words.

I LOVE this panel. X-Men Red is killing it atm, 100% my fav X-Men title in years. Taylor is proving just how great Gentle is, and I think he's going to make use of the entirety of the roster, which doesn't always happen in team books. Asrar is excelling w/ the art too.
    I was scared of Taylor handling Gentle, but so far so good. Asrar's Gentle

So I guess this is before Venomverse? Given Eye-Boy is alive and well here? But yeah I enjoyed this story, which wasn't really even an OML focused narrative. I was confused by Quentin and No-Girl not being in the fight or looking after the students though.
    It would have to be, just for it to satisfy the timeline, however rigged it gets. And I'm willing to excuse Quentin, because his powers massively decreased after dealing with the Phoenix loss. I think the bigger offense is:

WHY IS CHAMBER JUST SITTING THERE?????? WHY DID ANOLE NOT SAY ANYTHING WHEN HE WALKED HIM IN THE DANGER ROOM???

It annoys the hell out of me that most creative teams forget about it. Just because Anole is a somewhat minor character... you don't see anyone forgetting that Misty Knight or Bucky Barnes have a metal arm...
    I know it's a lesser offense, but it annoys me in the same way that artists forget that Pixie's hair is pink and black, cause of the whole 'Got a portion of my soul stolen by an eldritch demon-child." I know this + Anole's arm are just artist errors, but it kind of feels like Quest for Magik is falling slower and slower into obscurity with the repercussions not really mattering. Also, #BringBackButterflyWingsPixie

Genesis I thought was quite a clever name- that being the beginning, and thus the precursor to Apocalypse. But yeah, most of the Aaron generation have LAZY codenames. Eye-Boy should have been dubbed Argus, after the one-hundred eyed giant of Greek mythology. Shark Girl could've been Mako. Nature Girl= Gaea, Demeter, Fauna, Wilde etc. It's not hard to think of something more original than ____-Boy or ____-Girl.
    I always loved Genesis and Oya's codenames. The pinnacle in the crappy WatXM-era names we got. And, lucky for Eye-Boy, he doesn't have to worry about codenames anymore.

Until proven otherwise, my personal headcanon is that a number of characters are there, including Hazmat, White Tiger, Thunderstrike, Power Man, Cammi, El Toro, Inferno, Patriot etc.
    Headcanon now considered canon.

Spectacular Member RoamingGnome8's Avatar

Skottie Young and Kris Anka give me hope that New X-Men might be brought back, just because they really loved the characters.

Young was probably my favorite artist, I like how stylized his art is and that the characters weren't as sexualized as some of the other artists. Paco depiction of Sooyara especially irritated me :/

IMG_7022.jpg

BANNED

I guess Paniccia's promise of Dust was nothing but a last-minute lie before he made a 90-degree turn for the Star Wars office. Cause it's wayyyyyy past the "early in the year" portion of 2018. And don't forget Prodigy in Dead Souls. I'm just praying Rosenberg continues to bring him into the fold when we inevitably get that X-Factor relaunch or at least a substantial role in Multiple Man besides being a damoiseau in distress. For all the supposed "huuuuge fans of Whedon's run & Armor" who write X-Men, she hasn't been included in as much as I thought. I'm genuinely surprised she's barely above Surge. But, above all, I wholeheartedly agree: the fact that Loa and Indra are not included in more things is criminal. It's almost too sad for words.
    At this point, I just assume that there were plans for Dust that fell through. Perhaps Sooraya was meant to be on the new Blue or Gold team? Hell, even with how dismal Gold is, she's far more worthy of being an X-Man than Ink. Or maybe she was one of the other New X-Men Rosenberg said might make it into New Mutants: Dead Souls? Yeah, I think an X-Factor relaunch is def on its way, probably after Multiple Man wraps. Karma + Prodigy being integral to the new roster would be a neat change-up. And yeah, I continue to be bummed regarding Armor + Pixie, both of which got huge exposure in key X-titles for a time, but then faded back into the background. And the appearances for most of them are way too low tbh, especially when you're looking at the numbers for characters like Quentin Quire (ugh) in comparison. Fingers crossed that Loa, Indra + Trance get a chance to shine at some point.

It would have to be, just for it to satisfy the timeline, however rigged it gets. And I'm willing to excuse Quentin because his powers massively decreased after dealing with the Phoenix loss. I think the bigger offense is:

WHY IS CHAMBER JUST SITTING THERE?????? WHY DID ANOLE NOT SAY ANYTHING WHEN HE WALKED HIM IN THE DANGER ROOM???
    I totally forgot that Quentin's powers flatlined once he exorcised the Phoenix shard to save Jubes. I wonder if Kelly Thompson will address his power decrease in WCA (still amazed by the number of writers who actually want to use Kid Omega btw). OMG, I did not realize Chamber was there too. HAH. That makes Trevor + Lins babysitting even more amusing.

I know it's a lesser offense, but it annoys me in the same way that artists forget that Pixie's hair is pink and black, cause of the whole 'Got a portion of my soul stolen by an eldritch demon-child." I know this + Anole's arm are just artist errors, but it kind of feels like Quest for Magik is falling slower and slower into obscurity with the repercussions not really mattering. Also, #BringBackButterflyWingsPixie
    I think the pink + black hair looked weird anyways, but it's odd such things are forgotten. I assume Nightmare (Pixie from Age of X) had been further impacted by the loss of a portion of her soul, given her wings had taken on a bat-like appearance. Anole's arm is the main thing that annoys me.

I always loved Genesis and Oya's codenames. The pinnacle in the crappy WatXM-era names we got. And, lucky for Eye-Boy, he doesn't have to worry about codenames anymore.
    Giving the other characters subpar codenames is problematic too in that they're branded by that identity. It's how they're remembered and then readers find it hard to warm to a new codename. Ex. Marvel Girl> Prestige. As for Eye-Boy, I'm still confused by his death. I mean, I guess Bunn didn't like him? But maybe he should have consulted with others first. I mean, Eye-Boy and D-Man are both still appearing in titles.

Headcanon now considered canon.
    Basically the Initiative/Avengers Academy 2.0. They've got to go somewhere right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RoamingGnome8 View Post
    Skottie Young and Kris Anka give me hope that New X-Men might be brought back, just because they really loved the characters.

Young was probably my favorite artist, I like how stylized his art is and that the characters weren't as sexualized as some of the other artists. Paco depiction of Sooyara especially irritated me :/

IMG_7022.jpg
    Hell, did you see the rack he gave Laura? Her boobs were bigger than her head!

I think the pink + black hair looked weird anyways, but it's odd such things are forgotten. I assume Nightmare (Pixie from Age of X) had been further impacted by the loss of a portion of her soul, given her wings had taken on a bat-like appearance.
    Not exactly. I don't believe Nightmare literally lost her soul the same way that Pixie did. She didn't have access to magic or a soul dagger.

Nightmare's corruption was figurative, she killed people with her mutant power. She used her hallucinogenic dust to cause horrible visions that scared people to death, which is a big difference from the rainbow, unicorns and bunnies that 616 Megan causes people to see. I always figured it was different take on Mastermind's illusion casting abilities, since what people see seems to based on Megan's own personality, what she likes, and her outlook on life. Megan has some degree of control over what people see. It's an interesting middle ground between psychic illusions and neurochemical hallucinations.

It's her wings transforming into bat wings that I always wondered about. Especially when 616 Pixie said that when the Nightmare persona took over her wings would transform accordingly. It speaks to a shapeshifting ability that 616 Pixie has never really exhibited. Unless you count her hair losing the black streaks and her ever changing butterfly/insectoid wings (and blaming artist inconsistencies on a subtle shapeshifting power would be pretty funny). I wonder if this shapeshifting power is mutant in origin or if it could be from her Fae bloodline, changing their physical appearance depending on their mood seems like a very Fae thing to do.

It's a damn shame that Nightmare and all of those implications never got explored. I miss Mike Carey.

Spectacular Member RoamingGnome8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Hell, did you see the rack he gave Laura? Her boobs were bigger than her head!
    Yeah, Laura was pretty terrible too; Sooyara just especially irritated me because she repeatedly stated she wore an abaya with a niqab veil because of modesty. To draw the abaya as skin tight or putting her in more revealing PJ's is just inaccurate and problematic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RoamingGnome8 View Post
    Yeah, Laura was pretty terrible too; Sooyara just especially irritated me because she repeatedly stated she wore an abaya with a niqab veil because of modesty. To draw the abaya as skin tight or putting her in more revealing PJ's is just inaccurate and problematic.
    Yeah, her undergarment ought to have been a loose, long gown or something of that sort.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Not exactly. I don't believe Nightmare literally lost her soul the same way that Pixie did. She didn't have access to magic or a soul dagger.

Nightmare's corruption was figurative, she killed people with her mutant power. She used her hallucinogenic dust to cause horrible visions that scared people to death, which is a big difference from the rainbow, unicorns, and bunnies that 616 Megan causes people to see. I always figured it was a different take on Mastermind's illusion-casting abilities, since what people see seems to based on Megan's own personality, what she likes, and her outlook on life. Megan has some degree of control over what people see. It's an interesting middle ground between psychic illusions and neurochemical hallucinations.

It's her wings transforming into bat wings that I always wondered about. Especially when 616 Pixie said that when the Nightmare persona took over her wings would transform accordingly. It speaks to a shapeshifting ability that 616 Pixie has never really exhibited. Unless you count her hair losing the black streaks and her ever-changing butterfly/insectoid wings (and blaming artist inconsistencies on a subtle shapeshifting power would be pretty funny). I wonder if this shapeshifting power is mutant in origin or if it could be from her Fae bloodline, changing their physical appearance depending on their mood seems like a very Fae thing to do.

It's a damn shame that Nightmare and all of those implications never got explored. I miss Mike Carey.
    Hm, that's fully possible. We don't necessarily know that she didn't lose her soul or didn't have access to her magic though.

I figure that Pixie may later develop further control over her illusions-probably not on par with the Masterminds, but her hallucinogenic dust being more nightmarish would be neat. Hell, between that, her flight, her soul dagger and her magical potential, Pixie could very well be one of the most powerful New X-Men.

Yeah, I would guess that form of shapeshifting, if that's what it is, connects to her Fae heritage rather than her mutation.

The impact of Age of X ought to have had further exploration. So much damn potential. I loved that storyline. It was never even made clear which mutants retained their memories from that reality. I miss Mike Carey too.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

Nightmare's corruption was figurative, she killed people with her mutant power. She used her hallucinogenic dust to cause horrible visions that scared people to death, which is a big difference from the rainbow, unicorns and bunnies that 616 Megan causes people to see. I always figured it was different take on Mastermind's illusion casting abilities, since what people see seems to based on Megan's own personality, what she likes, and her outlook on life. Megan has some degree of control over what people see. It's an interesting middle ground between psychic illusions and neurochemical hallucinations.

It's her wings transforming into bat wings that I always wondered about. Especially when 616 Pixie said that when the Nightmare persona took over her wings would transform accordingly. It speaks to a shapeshifting ability that 616 Pixie has never really exhibited. Unless you count her hair losing the black streaks and her ever changing butterfly/insectoid wings (and blaming artist inconsistencies on a subtle shapeshifting power would be pretty funny). I wonder if this shapeshifting power is mutant in origin or if it could be from her Fae bloodline, changing their physical appearance depending on their mood seems like a very Fae thing to do.

Hm, that's fully possible. We don't necessarily know that she didn't lose her soul or didn't have access to her magic though.

I figure that Pixie may later develop further control over her illusions-probably not on par with the Masterminds, but her hallucinogenic dust being more nightmarish would be neat. Hell, between that, her flight, her soul dagger and her magical potential, Pixie could very well be one of the most powerful New X-Men.

Yeah, I would guess that form of shapeshifting, if that's what it is, connects to her Fae heritage rather than her mutation.

The impact of Age of X ought to have had further exploration. So much damn potential. I loved that storyline. It was never even made clear which mutants retained their memories from that reality. I miss Mike Carey too.
    This is really interesting stuff you two, I especially like the idea of exploring Pixie's Fae heritage, hallucinogenic dust/Mastermind connection and potentially even Age of X too.

Still a classic:

Incidentally, I recently did my bit, and suggested Pixie in response to Gail Simone asking on Twitter who we'd like to see join Domino's posse, since they have worked together previously, and because Megan would be invaluable. Dream big, right?

at long last Elixir makes his return in today's Blue!

I love that his new healing spores are slowly being cemented, I think they're a really cool visual!

Kind of Zenyatta vibes aha.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    at long last Elixir makes his return in today's Blue!
    I've been wondering when he'd show up. Maybe he should stay as part of the Blue team since the original members are going back to their time.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Plus, you can clearly tell his latest death & resurrection has changed him. The fact that he still travels around with Exodus, speaks with a more dignified and stoic tone, and has more control over his power (probably from his training w/ Xorn). I really hope he stays for a while. He could help ********* Jimmy in the "Hunt for Jimmy" arc following Venomized.