Page 16 of 231 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

KYost writing Rockslide?

HALLELUJAH!
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

I found this Amazing New-X-Men video and just had to share it.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Cipher: she really is a star that deserves to shine.

oooh, so I read through...#13 (whichever issue Northstar died in), and I expect to probably be done with the books I have in less than 3 days. This series reads quickly for me. I love it, though.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

I think JTIV confused Martinique with Regan

Also thank you for pimping my Tumblr
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Cipher: best hair of any X-Character.

I want more Surge!
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

I don't have issues #16-19.
    Wtf.
    I want to read MORE, but the next issue I have is #20.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I don't have issues #16-19.
    Wtf.
    I want to read MORE, but the next issue I have is #20.
    So you are just missing the House of M tie in issues.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    So you are just missing the House of M tie in issues.
    Yes, I figured this out.
    And now I remember that's why I didn't get them because I was told I didn't need them.
    But, I do. I have to read every single issue. So, I ordered them. And now I wait.

Hey friends. Someone reblogged something about Elixir on Tumblr recently but I couldn't understand what happened without more context. Any idea if something happened to him recently? The only comic I've been picking up regularly is Amazing X-Men. Other than that I've just been reading trades. I thought I'd check here to see if anyone knew!

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Yes, I figured this out.
    And now I remember that's why I didn't get them because I was told I didn't need them.
    But, I do. I have to read every single issue. So, I ordered them. And now I wait.
    I guess they don't count in terms of continuity, but man the House of M Academy X story was fun! So cool to see the characters in a different way. I loved Julian's codename too. And it was great to see some other characters get more spotlight.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Wait, what did they do to Josh?
    Cyclops was right

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Wait, what did they do to Josh?
    Elixir was one of the characters (alongside X-23, Sabretooth, Mystique, Daken and Deathstrike) kidnapped by Sharp's crew sometime just prior to the start of The Logan Legacy, and #7 reveals Sharp was intending for him to use his power to fix the genetic timebomb engineered into himself and the rest of the Paradise experiments that is due to kill them at any time. However Josh has apparently been stuck in his Kill form since Necrosha, and was unable to help. While Sharp was negotiating with the group to help him with some other unknown task (revealed in Wolverines #1 to be the recovery of Logan's corpse), the prisoners were attacked by another Paradise experiment called Siphon. For some reason Josh decided to take it upon himself to deal with it (y'know, even though he's currently in a cell with FIVE highly-trained, skilled, and experienced killers) and grabbed Siphon, intending to use his "kill" power to knock it out.

It didn't work, and Siphon did SOMETHING to him.

Right now, we still don't know EXACTLY what happened. The last we saw of Foley he was lying on the floor while Sharp tried to drive off Siphon, but whether or not he was killed hasn't been confirmed. Furthermore, Peter Nguyen stated that the notes he left for the colorist indicated that Foley was SUPPOSED to turn from black back into his gold form during the attack (which didn't make it into the final issue), and to make of that what we would, but otherwise declined to confirm or deny what happened to him. All we know for sure is that Siphon ALSO attacked Daken and stripped him of his healing factor.

In the recent X-Position, the answer to my question (about Foley's fate and Laura's OOC lack of action during the attack) seems to suggest that this IS going to be revisited, and from the preview art it appears that Siphon is going to be a player in at LEAST issues 3 and 4 (and the X-Position suggests that Laura will be the one to confront him).

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Elixir was one of the characters (alongside X-23, Sabretooth, Mystique, Daken and Deathstrike) kidnapped by Sharp's crew sometime just prior to the start of The Logan Legacy, and #7 reveals Sharp was intending for him to use his power to fix the genetic timebomb engineered into himself and the rest of the Paradise experiments that is due to kill them at any time. However Josh has apparently been stuck in his Kill form since Necrosha, and was unable to help. While Sharp was negotiating with the group to help him with some other unknown task (revealed in Wolverines #1 to be the recovery of Logan's corpse), the prisoners were attacked by another Paradise experiment called Siphon. For some reason Josh decided to take it upon himself to deal with it (y'know, even though he's currently in a cell with FIVE highly-trained, skilled, and experienced killers) and grabbed Siphon, intending to use his "kill" power to knock it out.

It didn't work, and Siphon did SOMETHING to him.

Right now, we still don't know EXACTLY what happened. The last we saw of Foley he was lying on the floor while Sharp tried to drive off Siphon, but whether or not he was killed hasn't been confirmed. Furthermore, Peter Nguyen stated that the notes he left for the colorist indicated that Foley was SUPPOSED to turn from black back into his gold form during the attack (which didn't make it into the final issue), and to make of that what we would, but otherwise declined to confirm or deny what happened to him. All we know for sure is that Siphon ALSO attacked Daken and stripped him of his healing factor.

In the recent X-Position, the answer to my question (about Foley's fate and Laura's OOC lack of action during the attack) seems to suggest that this IS going to be revisited, and from the preview art it appears that Siphon is going to be a player in at LEAST issues 3 and 4 (and the X-Position suggests that Laura will be the one to confront him).
    Hmmm. Thanks for catching us up! Obviously I didn't read it myself, so I shouldn't judge anything just based on summaries. I've never really followed any of Wolverine's nonsense, so I wasn't paying any attention to his death or all the stories that came from it. But I'd be real disappointed if they brought Josh back from years of Comic-Book-Limbo just to kill him quickly. That being said, Peter Nguyen's notes make it seem like not all is what it seems. I wouldn't mind if this happened just to change Josh back from his black-form to his gold-form. But I hope he joins the school in Westchester after this to make it worth it.