Page 161 of 231 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 3451
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    My idea is that Mojo would "capture" the NXM: Hellion, Surge, Rockslide, Mercury, Anole, Pixie, X-23, Broo, HoneyB & Dust and then then splits them into different "copies" and then sends them across his shows
    And if Laura, Rockslide, Alia, and Julian get Dune. What do the rest get?
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 06-08-2018 at 05:44 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The artist has also done Hellion, Rockslide and Pixie

These are freaking uncanny

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    I feel like Mojoworld still having TV work as it previously did (i.e. no streaming/on demand stuff, no Youtube/Twitch etc) offers some interesting opportunities, namely:

1) a bunch of Millennial New X-Men are bemused that everyone still sits down at certain times for TV shows (or, more accurately, never stops watching I suppose) and there's no real internet equivalent.

2) Update Mojo so that he's in their phones, he's making them stream games (involving their companions, naturally), he's screaming at everyone to Like and Subscribe, starting sentences with "Hey guys" etc etc. Mojo's need for ratings/validation could really go beyond.

I love Mojo, so I'm all for a miniseries/arc for the New X-Men versus him. A salty writer could get very meta about why they don't get a chance haha, as Mojo definitely afforded past writers a chance to get meta about merchandising, popularity etc.
    Perhaps Mojo will take a page out of Arcades book and set up a murderworld type scenario for the New X-Men. I'm not opposed to seeing them kick some ass.
    Seeing Mojo plastered all over digital billboards & ads etc. would certainly get attention. I like the idea of Mojo essentially being a virus that broadcasts pretty much everywhere, monitoring the lives of the X-Men. Def big opportunities to get really meta too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    And if Laura, Rockslide, Alia, and Julian get Dune. What do the rest get?
    Well my intial idea was that upon capture, Mojo would use a machine to split the NXM into a bunch of copies. Then each main NXM get shuttle to a different "story" with copies of their pals. SO in the previous case Julian's story would be Dune.

Where as say for Laura, she and Gabby would go to a story where they were Sailor Moon and Chibi moon.

Then Rockslide and Anole would be pulp ficiton
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Well my intial idea was that upon capture, Mojo would use a machine to split the NXM into a bunch of copies. Then each main NXM get shuttle to a different "story" with copies of their pals. SO in the previous case Julian's story would be Dune.

Where as say for Laura, she and Gabby would go to a story where they were Sailor Moon and Chibi moon.

Then Rockslide and Anole would be pulp ficiton
    I don't follow copies what do you mean by copies? And Laura and Gabby got something very fitting though on Laura's it's disturbing. What kind of pulp fiction?

BANNED

What kind of pulp fiction?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Oh I get it now thanks.

I don't follow copies what do you mean by copies? And Laura and Gabby got something very fitting though on Laura's it's disturbing. What kind of pulp fiction?
    Think of a giant copy machine that popped out dupes like Madrox's power or if for the anime comparisons the Kage Bunshin no Jutsu
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Think of a giant copy machine that popped out dupes like Madrox's power or if for the anime comparisons the Kage Bunshin no Jutsu
    Oh I get it now though what about Dust and Pixie?

Oh I get it now though what about Dust and Pixie?
    havent thought about them yet

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    NICE! He's aware of Wallflower, Surge, Armor, Faiza & Pixie. That's a start.
    Plus, that's a higher chance of him picking out our Academy X questions.

Well Dust, Chamber and Cannonball all appeared in the Iceman solo right? Maybe had the series continued they would have been it, rather than the group in Gold? I think it's kind of hilarious that Gold is being dismantled. At least, I hope that's what happens, rather than the characters all being on 2+ teams simultaneously. If X-Men Gold even continues that is; there will need to be balancing. Detracting Storm, Colossus, Gambit and Nightcrawler would just leave Kitty, Rachel, Iceman, Rogue + Pyro, which is a vanilla line-up. Maybe Cecilia Reyes and/or Armor step up to fill the void. Or Jubilee + Chamber? IDK. I want Guggenheim away from my X-Men anyways so I'm not going to entertain the idea too much. I just envision Dust with the New Mutants b/c of Age of X, though the Dead Souls roster doesn't contain any of those characters lol. It could be fun, but I have my doubts given we're past the halfway point of the mini and there's no logical reason for her inclusion. Loa in X-Men Blue would be cool- I'm half expecting Emma Frost to gather allies to protect her from Magneto & co. Maybe she'll recruit Loa to try reason with Elixir. I'm going to be pissed if Blue gets canceled just after it gets this good. I just want the title to continue without the O5.
    They appeared as some dumb dream sequence. Which is.....kind of weird, but at the same time, cool that Bobby envisions a perfect world where Idie, Sooraya, Jono, and Sam were all on his team. And as far as Gold, woof. With most of the New X-Men being at the school, this is the chance to have them join the ranks of the main team. Especially with Jean, not shying away from using Laura, Nezhno, and Gabby. Which.....side tangent real quick.....would mean she's absolutely in support of Scott's decisions during Schism. Just a side note. But, if a new Gold roster were to rise from the ashes, I'd expect Kitty to get some real powerhouses. Anole, Armor, Rockslide, Surge, Hellion, Dust, Mercury, and Pixie are really just sitting around, being normal students.

Also, in the podcast that Rosenberg had for Astonishing X-Men, he (very, very briefly) mentioned that there is another team of X-Men that may not see eye-to-eye with Havok's squad.

I don't get it either. Other than his snarky attitude, which many other characters possess, he doesn't bring much to the table. He's one of dozen psychic mutant telepaths and is recognizable only by his pink hair. Yeah, I'd gladly have taken development for any of the NXM rather than the exposure QQ has had. Ha-ha that was hilarious. Poor Trev.
    Exactly. It's not like Editorial even knows what personalities the New X-Men have anymore.

I think everybody did tbh. Nothing wrong with Marvel Girl I think. Prestige just doesn’t feel right. I figure if someone had to die then Eye-Boy was as good a choice as any, as most of them were probably off limits. Alas, Quentin survived. Venomverse was such a tired storyline anyway and derailed X-Men Blue. Though I guess if served a purpose, as it made room for Polaris to assemble the new team in their stead.
    I feel like it was initially Ink, most likely a revenge for Belen's unnecessary death. Or maybe I'm just projecting. One down, two to go either way.

Haven't done it in awhile, so: New X-Men Appearances These Last Few Weeks

In X-Men Blue #28, our Golden Boy Watch is over! I know this has already been discussed to death, but I'm so proud of Elixir!!! He destroyed Mothervine, reversed the effects in nonmutants, and healed Havok's scars. That's the most any New X-Man has done all year.

In X-Men: Red #5 & Annual #1, we get some Gentle morsels, but a lotta Laura. Which is always a good thing. Jean tries connecting with Laura because she's the closest thing to Logan (RIP king). What I'm honestly craving is some interactions between Nezhno and Ororo. She was super close to being his mother figure before writers forgot Nezhno was a character.

Last, in Astonishing X-Men #12, Shadow King had returned. So X & Psylocke create a web of all the world's psychics, with the latter using all heir power to cancel out all of Farouk's Reality-Altering Gardens. The page shows Celeste Cuckoo, INK (ew), and Quire (ugh). Bonus: both teachers for the New X-Men (Emma, Dani) are there. Bonus Bonus: even if they aren't shown, Blindfold, the other two Cuckoos, and Cipher should all be helping since the web includes ALL telepaths.

BANNED

Josh can fix Havok's face, but not Julian's hands...

Yeah I know people want representation for the disabled but sorry in story logic kind of trumps real world wants.

Yeah I know people want representation for the disabled but sorry in story logic kind of trumps real world wants.
    Exactly how much logic do you think comic books use?

In-story logic would remove a lot of storytelling. Why does him not having hands bother you so much?

You ever consider that Julian probably doesn't care enough to actively seek out Josh? Or, next, do you want Josh to solve all the disabilities in the world? Leave no representation for real-world people??? What exactly will Julian getting his hands back do for you?