Page 178 of 231 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 3451

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    His condition is Gentle.

sorry. I had to.
    Lmao don't apologise, that was actually funny
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Hisako Ichiki, Armor, has been revealed to be one of the three "leaders" of the new Uncanny mega-fest! The other two are Storm & Jean.

https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...17439113965569

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Hisako Ichiki, Armor, has been revealed to be one of the three "leaders" of the new Uncanny mega-fest! The other two are Storm & Jean.

HELL YEAH !!!!
    Anyone know when these books are hitting the shelf ?

Ahhh, this has me properly hyped.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

I'll be honest...never quite got on the Armor train.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    HELL YEAH !!!!
    Anyone know when these books are hitting the shelf ?
    November 17th kicks off the event with a 72-page opener. The whole event is a weekly, 10-part arc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I'll be honest...never quite got on the Armor train.
    She's cool, she's cool. Favorite incarnation is definitely the Ellis one who constantly banters back and forth w/ Logan. Brisson sort of re-ignited my love for the character, but I would've loved to have Surge or Hellion or Prodigy back as leaders. It's always OOC when they don't take charge so I'm a bit worried.

People complaining about Armor being a leader is whatever. But if you really think about this it MIGHT mean she's leading a team of some of the New Xmen we've been wanting to see on panel. Positive vibes for some New Xmen screen time.

She's cool, she's cool. Favorite incarnation is definitely the Ellis one who constantly banters back and forth w/ Logan. Brisson sort of re-ignited my love for the character, but I would've loved to have Surge or Hellion or Prodigy back as leaders. It's always OOC when they don't take charge so I'm a bit worried.
    Her and Logan never quite clicked for me, though her little vignette for "Life After logan" was good. It was nice to see her vulnerable for a second because most of the time she's comes off as ether generic snarky or generic hardass. Though most of the time i chock that up to Hellion's appearance in it. In a time of poor characterization that little story was one of the most in character portrays' of Jules in a long time. In about 6 pages we saw pretty much the gamut of him as a person: a trouble maker who was underage drinking wine coolers (really man? wine coolers? could be worse...), the concerned and caring friend, the snarky bastard, the man of action ready to throw down at a moments notice and the shameless flirt.

Truly a wonderful kaleidoscope portrayal of Julian Keller.

FYI Julian liked it when she broke his nose.

Boy is a masochist.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I am so thrilled Armor is a leader alongside Jean and Storm. What a badass trio of strong women. I think her leadership makes sense due to her tenure on the X-men.

Prodigy - I would have been really happy to see him lead too. I think maybe his expansive knowledge hurts him a bit - how do you write a character that has Cyclops' tactical skills and Beast's intelligence? It probably hurts that he technically doesn't have mutant powers right now.

Surge - This is a character that shamed Jay for being depressed, shamed Dust for her niquab, hurt Prodigy for reasons. I think the kids are lucky this drama queen isn't leading them lol

Hellion - He would make an interesting leader as he was written in Academy X. He can rally mutants, is committed to mutant solidarity, and has a lot of love for his friends. But now the X-men have treated him so poorly that he probably wouldn't want to give more of himself to them.
    Last edited by Strong Girl Daken; 08-26-2018 at 12:43 PM.

Armor has barely ever interacted with the rest of the New X-men, so she's never really exhibited leadership qualities (or much of a personality). Hell that story where she mourned Logan's death and actually felt it with her powers just proves that she was closer to him than any of the kids who died. So it's clearly just Thompson playing favorites with the kids.

But whatever at least it's not Quentin or Idie.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    But whatever at least it's not Quentin or Idie.
    Praise be.

Armor's appeal is definitely her powerset. It's about time writers fleshed her out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Her and Logan never quite clicked for me, though her little vignette for "Life After logan" was good. It was nice to see her vulnerable for a second because most of the time she's comes off as ether generic snarky or generic hardass. Though most of the time i chock that up to Hellion's appearance in it. In a time of poor characterization that little story was one of the most in character portrays' of Jules in a long time. In about 6 pages we saw pretty much the gamut of him as a person: a trouble maker who was underage drinking wine coolers (really man? wine coolers? could be worse...), the concerned and caring friend, the snarky bastard, the man of action ready to throw down at a moments notice and the shameless flirt.

Truly a wonderful kaleidoscope portrayal of Julian Keller.

FYI Julian liked it when she broke his nose.

Boy is a masochist.
    Yeah,.Logan and her had a nice Mentor/Mentee bond, but it never quite did it for me frankly, that "Life After Logan" storyline was nice, but i would have prefer Jubilee there, she is far more close to him that Armor.

Althougth i laugth with Jullian comment about Logan being the "Creepy Uncle" lol, disrepecfult brat he had that punch coming

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Althougth i laugth with Jullian comment about Logan being the "Creepy Uncle" lol, disrepecfult brat he had that punch coming
    Logan clearly had a soft spot for young girl students, Kitty, Rogue, Jubilee, X-23, Armor, Idie.

Logan playing favorites with Armor is clearly the only reason she's going to be a leader in this upcoming arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I am so thrilled Armor is a leader alongside Jean and Storm. What a badass trio of strong women. I think her leadership makes sense due to her tenure on the X-men.

Prodigy - I would have been really happy to see him lead too. I think maybe his expansive knowledge hurts him a bit - how do you write a character that has Cyclops' tactical skills and Beast's intelligence? I probably hurts that he technically doesn't have mutant powers right now.

Surge - This is a character that shamed Jay for being depressed, shamed Dust for her niquab, hurt Prodigy for reasons. I think the kids are lucky this drama queen isn't leading them lol

Hellion - He would make an interesting leader as he was written in Academy X. He can rally mutants, is committed to mutant solidarity, and has a lot of love for his friends. But now the X-men have treated him so poorly that he probably wouldn't want to give more of himself to them.
    I mean most of that was "not matured yet, homeless teen" Surge who lashed out a lot. And her pushing David away was for good intentions, all things considered. Plus, she never brought her drama with others when it was time to be leader.